South Stand

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
HertsBee

Re: South Stand

John Hunt wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 15:47 We still don't know what division we will be in next season.
Neither do Boreham Wood but their ST prices have been out for a month, regardless of what League they are in next season.
underhillbovrilstink

TK considering £16m spend on an all seater stand when average attendance is 1964, madness! Echo what others have said its a complete misdirection when forward thinking clubs are now developing safe standing as a differentiator for improved fan experience.

The Bees terrace was perfectly good and would have made natural home for the Amber Battalion.

If i ever can persuade my friends to a match home/away, the first thing they ask is “can we stand?”

Makes me wonder what TK is planning long term….Getting ready for an asset sale ?
11bee717

underhillbovrilstink wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 17:59 TK considering £16m spend on an all seater stand when average attendance is 1964, madness! Echo what others have said its a complete misdirection when forward thinking clubs are now developing safe standing as a differentiator for improved fan experience.

The Bees terrace was perfectly good and would have made natural home for the Amber Battalion.

If i ever can persuade my friends to a match home/away, the first thing they ask is “can we stand?”

Makes me wonder what TK is planning long term….Getting ready for an asset sale ?
Ideally the long term plan would be the ground itself rented out for a club to use for games, with us maintaining the site plus training there and moving to a ground somewhere else!
CrawleyBee

underhillbovrilstink wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 17:59 TK considering £16m spend on an all seater stand when average attendance is 1964, madness! Echo what others have said its a complete misdirection when forward thinking clubs are now developing safe standing as a differentiator for improved fan experience.

Couldn’t agree more, is it a vanity project? Seems odd to me, what was wrong with the terrace ?
Formerly Watfordbee
pgbee

jerroll wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 14:58
pgbee wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 14:05 How much of a saving does a ST make? For next season, Horsham's is 20% or 4-5 home games as a comparison and yes, Horsham STs are available and their admission prices for next season.
Based on the pre discount Adult price of £396.00 it worked out at £17.11 per game so if you attended 18 games you would break even and over 18 you were saving money. With bogoff saving it became £8.60 per game per person.
So again roughly 20%
pgbee

Wasn't there some Grant or tax break that runs out that means it's cheaper to build than it would be in the future aside from raw material cost rises?
Mickbee

Maybe he's looking at re homing Wasps rugby team to ghe Hive. Doesn't make sense if its soley for us.
CrawleyBee

HertsBee wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 17:27
John Hunt wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 15:47 We still don't know what division we will be in next season.
Neither do Boreham Wood but their ST prices have been out for a month, regardless of what League they are in next season.
Notts also released theirs, we always leave things sooo late.
Formerly Watfordbee
BeesKnees99

underhillbovrilstink wrote:TK considering £16m spend on an all seater stand when average attendance is 1964, madness! Echo what others have said its a complete misdirection when forward thinking clubs are now developing safe standing as a differentiator for improved fan experience.

TK and forward-thinking do not belong in the same sentence.

For an apparently successful businessman, he has so little concept of customer experience, of brand growth, of how to keep people onside, that it’s simply laughable. He takes our loyalty for granted, epitomised by his insulting suggestion that we, the fans, are responsible for bringing others in.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it pay £22 to watch low-quality hoofball in a sterile stadium that doesn’t even have a scoreboard.

The excellent work being done on the pitch should be a springboard for change, not merely a pleasant distraction.

Ryan Reynolds et al understand what it takes to grow a football club into a global brand. To my mind they are marketing geniuses, and as unpalatable as it may be for some, THAT is called forward thinking.
Roy57

Totally agree with this, does the supporters association have any idea of have asked TK why he intends to build a all seated stadium that will never be filled unless we get a FA cup run like a few years back against Brentford, also do the SA know why TK just didn't spend say a million in improving the was already excisting terrace that was in place, which supporters seem to want, and at a fraction of the cost.
Mikel Bee

CrawleyBee wrote:

Couldn’t agree more, is it a vanity project? Seems odd to me, what was wrong with the terrace ?
The income the new stand's commercial space can generate is a benefit and TK has said that the revenue brought in will be ploughed back in to the club. Having 4 sides again will also look a bit nicer.

True it may be too big for us now but after the traumatic KBA years (yes I still have nightmares of that evening at Hendon town hall) I'm still of the opinion that you should build it while you can as things change quickly. Harrow council recently switched to Conservative run and have since not been as accommodating of our club. Luckily we already have planning permission for the new stand. From what I've seen, that would have been significantly more challenging to obtain today.

8,000 isn't by any means an excessive capacity if we have serious aspirations for League 1 football, which I believe we should. Once building material costs start falling, hopefully construction can begin.

The lack of any standing option is a disappointment and long term needs fixing for the sake of the atmosphere and experience. Our modern new stadium will start feeling more outdated.

BEEGONE

Mikel Bee wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 19:17
CrawleyBee wrote:

The income the new stand's commercial space can generate is a benefit and TK has said that the revenue brought in will be ploughed back in to the club. Having 4 sides again will also look a bit nicer.

True it may be too big for us now but after the traumatic KBA years (yes I still have nightmares of that evening at Hendon town hall) I'm still of the opinion that you should build it while you can as things change quickly. Harrow council recently switched to Conservative run and have since not been as accommodating. Luckily we already have planning permission for the new stand. From what I've seen, that would have been more challenging to obtain today.

8,000 isn't by any means an excessive capacity if we have serious aspirations for League 1 football, which I believe we should. Once building material costs start falling, hopefully construction can begin.

The lack of any standing option is a disappointment and long term needs fixing for the sake of the atmosphere and experience. Our modern new stadium will start feeling more outdated.
League 1 :huh:
Mikel Bee

BEEGONE wrote:
CrawleyBee wrote:

True it may be too big for us now but after the traumatic KBA years (yes I still have nightmares of that evening at Hendon town hall) I'm still of the opinion that you should build it while you can as things change quickly. Harrow council recently switched to Conservative run and have since not been as accommodating. Luckily we already have planning permission for the new stand. From what I've seen, that would have been more challenging to obtain today.

Why not?
BEEGONE

Mikel Bee wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 19:25
BEEGONE wrote:
CrawleyBee wrote:

Why not?
1 season in 150 years and that was potentally only made possible by cheating :laugh:
Tuesds

Yeah, 8,000 is not a particularly large capacity, even for League 2. If we want to reach and then compete in the Football League, it’s not outlandish that we should have that sort of capacity, and while we don’t need a bigger capacity from week-to-week at the moment, we do fill up for big games plus we should surely believe that we can grow our crowds.

I just wish we would start taking action off the pitch to help us do so, through an improved matchday experience, better pricing, choice, merchandise, direct marketing and much more