South Stand

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
b4life

South Stand

The terrace has been removed and now confirmation from the club that work on the new South Stand has commenced.

https://www.barnetfc.com/south-stand-wo ... VoU1X3orNU

The Supporters Association will be asking the club for more details as to what is planned and how supporters could have a role in deciding some of the details.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
Bee_Forever

Re: South Stand

Safe standing please.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
LeftSideRun

Bee_Forever wrote:Safe standing please.

Absolutely. I'm sure if fans were polled, that'd be the choice by a landslide.
Norfolkbee

LeftSideRun wrote:

I third that. However, I expect that would be dependent on whether or not our chairman has thoughts on co-use of the pitch alongside the Bees.
hoppy

Didn't TK say sone while ago that the South Terrace was going to be given to Wealdstone?
I hope he has since changed his mind.
jerroll

hoppy wrote:Didn't TK say sone while ago that the South Terrace was going to be given to Wealdstone?
I hope he has since changed his mind.
most recent suggestion was it will be used elsewhere on the Hive complex for a pitch for London bees.
Mikel Bee

Norfolkbee wrote:
LeftSideRun wrote:

I third that. However, I expect that would be dependent on whether or not our chairman has thoughts on co-use of the pitch alongside the Bees.
Stadium grants don't yet include safe standing areas. Trials in the Premier League have recently started so the policy may change one day. The BFCSA know that TK is open to the idea of safe standing at The Hive but it may be a bit too soon for the initial build.

Having an area for standing should be high on the club's priorities in my opinion, not least to help the atmosphere.
eastbarnetsupporter

Standing has to be a priority for any stadium alteration. The atmosphere at The Hive is bleak at the best of times and closing the only stand to make noise and bring in younger, more active fans through cheaper and more accessible tickets was an awful call (and for what, a bigger unnecessary seating stand which nobody asked for?).

Asking casual Barnet fans or casual footy friends to pay £22-24 to sit and watch Barnet in silence has proven incredibly difficult in recent years, even £16-17 for the Bees Terrace was a push. This may seem like a small issue but it grows into a long-term one when the next generation of Barnet fans don't come through.

It was noted by my dad, who came to The Hive for the very first time on Sat, how old the fanbase was. This standing issue is a big deal.
DerekRocholl

Mikel Bee wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:
LeftSideRun wrote:

Stadium grants don't yet include safe standing areas. Trials in the Premier League have recently started so the policy may change one day. The BFCSA know that TK is open to the idea of safe standing at The Hive but it may be a bit too soon for the initial build.

Having an area for standing should be high on the club's priorities in my opinion, not least to help the atmosphere.

What Stadium grants are being considered ? The Football Foundation, Stadium Improvement Fund does allow grants for new covered safe standing areas, and I would have thought that the rail seating being installed to make dual functionality an option would qualify for grant funding as easily as standard seating.
ETBee

I for one would be grateful if the Club website detailed the changes. Is it just a new stand like the north or will there be the indoor sports area that was in the original plans, or what?
Mikel Bee

ETBee wrote:I for one would be grateful if the Club website detailed the changes. Is it just a new stand like the north or will there be the indoor sports area that was in the original plans, or what?
Was looking at the plans again last night. It will be a North Stand style structure but with larger facilities on the back which will be built over part of the car park. A 4 story building with a Bar 66 size bar on the ground floor, club shop on the second and club offices on the third and fourth.

I imagine this new building will become the club's base if and when the East building is ever rebuilt. Media and directors will probably move to the West Stand under a roof which keeps them dry and with a better view.
Attachments
PL Proposed Elevations-2.pdf
(3.83 MiB) Downloaded 207 times
PL Proposed Elevations.pdf
(5.13 MiB) Downloaded 162 times
adher36

A bit weird announcing work is being done on OUR stadium without actually telling what the work actually is. Why the secrecy?
hoofer2

eastbarnetsupporter wrote:Standing has to be a priority for any stadium alteration. The atmosphere at The Hive is bleak at the best of times and closing the only stand to make noise and bring in younger, more active fans through cheaper and more accessible tickets was an awful call (and for what, a bigger unnecessary seating stand which nobody asked for?).

Asking casual Barnet fans or casual footy friends to pay £22-24 to sit and watch Barnet in silence has proven incredibly difficult in recent years, even £16-17 for the Bees Terrace was a push. This may seem like a small issue but it grows into a long-term one when the next generation of Barnet fans don't come through.

It was noted by my dad, who came to The Hive for the very first time on Sat, how old the fanbase was. This standing issue is a big deal.
To be honest the volume of noise from South Stand was neglible. Sounded louder when on the terrace....but the reality...
letchbee94

Maybe some new fans to feel the stand.
PBBee

hoofer2 wrote:
eastbarnetsupporter wrote:Standing has to be a priority for any stadium alteration. The atmosphere at The Hive is bleak at the best of times and closing the only stand to make noise and bring in younger, more active fans through cheaper and more accessible tickets was an awful call (and for what, a bigger unnecessary seating stand which nobody asked for?).

To be honest the volume of noise from South Stand was neglible. Sounded louder when on the terrace....but the reality...
Honestly it seriously cannot be underestimated the value of cheaper standing options - let the youngsters stand behind the goal for no more than a fiver, it’s all future investment. The odd game the kids make some noise & enjoy running the length of the terrace to celebrate with the players.

Even much younger kids being introduced to their first years as a fan enjoy having some freedom to run around (I won’t bring my son & try & force him to sit down for 90 mins in the soulless main stand)