South Stand

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
rudebwoyben

Re: South Stand

I think you’re right that there was a National League rule about this but they agreed to scrap it.
PBBee

What a joke, this club really is doing it's best to lose me & the next generation of my family as fans.

We've gone over it so much but sitting in an empty stale stadium is not desirable for the majority of younger fans, it's far less social & of course more expensive. Woeful decision (unless an annoucments made on terracing which is never going to happen).

Not happy at all.
Roy57

rudebwoyben wrote: 10 Oct 2022, 14:00 I think it’s more the rule that you have to offer away fans the equivalent choice regarding sitting and standard that home fans get.
I am pretty sure that at least 3 or 4 grounds in the national league only have standing without cover for away fans, were home supporters have stand that has seats and covering. So as said not seen rule that states away fans must have same standing/ seating as home supporters, hopefully the BFCSA can confirm or deny this.
Roy57

PBBee wrote: 10 Oct 2022, 14:26 What a joke, this club really is doing it's best to lose me & the next generation of my family as fans.

We've gone over it so much but sitting in an empty stale stadium is not desirable for the majority of younger fans, it's far less social & of course more expensive. Woeful decision (unless an annoucments made on terracing which is never going to happen).

Not happy at all.
Don't get me wrong I believe there should be the option to stand, especially at non league level, but as stated we don't get this option at Dagenham, or Yeovil. So are you saying that you or the next generation of your family would then not attend away games as mentioned. Just curious not looking for argument. As I have said I would vote for a standing area. Remember days when we use to go to Enfield and Wealdstone and change ends at half time.
buzzybants

The bees terrace never should have been knocked down until the club could provide a new standing option. Building a seated South Stand is a step backwards for what the fans want, as proved by the BFCSA survey that was conducted and will deter new, younger fans.
Tuesds

I know we shouldn’t personalise things when it comes to club employees who are simply doing their jobs and enacting/communicating decisions made elsewhere, but in light of the fact that the BFCSA’s new main contact is Chelsea Supporters’ Trust Vice-Chair Dom Rosso, the BFCSA guys must be tempted to simply ask, “would you put up with all this crap, or anything like it, at Stamford Bridge?”
John Hunt

Ah see I read that with a positive slant that both stands were being all seating so railing seats could be installed at both ends!
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
hoofer2

Get the stand built with a spec where seats can be easily replaced by railed seating in the future.
hoofer2

Get the stand built with a spec where seats can be easily replaced by railed seating in the future.
Itsmeerc

Roy57 wrote: 10 Oct 2022, 14:39
PBBee wrote: 10 Oct 2022, 14:26 What a joke, this club really is doing it's best to lose me & the next generation of my family as fans.

Not happy at all.
Don't get me wrong I believe there should be the option to stand, especially at non league level, but as stated we don't get this option at Dagenham, or Yeovil. So are you saying that you or the next generation of your family would then not attend away games as mentioned. Just curious not looking for argument. As I have said I would vote for a standing area. Remember days when we use to go to Enfield and Wealdstone and change ends at half time.
I think the point is that when its a one off away game it doesn't really matter so much. That isn't going to make or break your decision over whether to follow the club. Its the Hive and the experience at home games that is going to attract or drive fans away.
Tuesds

Itsmeerc wrote: 10 Oct 2022, 15:51
Roy57 wrote: 10 Oct 2022, 14:39

Not happy at all.
I think the point is that when its a one off away game it doesn't really matter so much. That isn't going to make or break your decision over whether to follow the club. Its the Hive and the experience at home games that is going to attract or drive fans away.
Exactly, and in fact the examples given of Yeovil and Dagenham support this point; in both of those cases the home fans are provided with a choice of sitting or standing.

Away fans are not the regular customers who need to be looked after with an attractive matchday experience, a choice of different stands/views, the chance to buy merchandise, the option to buy food and drink without missing 10 minutes of the 2nd half (or buy food at all) etc. in order to keep them coming back. The home fans are, and we need to treat ours accordingly.
PBBee

Roy57 wrote:

Not happy at all.
It’s a bit different going to the odd away game compared to a minimum 23 home games (taking younger members of family less likely to away games too).

Totally get its personal choice but we are missing a trick offering cheaper standing especially for the youngsters.

This club is stuck in no man’s land, we are non league but seem to think as we have a fairly big shiny stadium we can act as if we are a league 1 team not grasping the idea & appeal of non league football compared to expensive & sometimes soulless higher level experiences.
thebeekeeper

Tuesds wrote: 10 Oct 2022, 13:30
rudebwoyben wrote: 10 Oct 2022, 13:05 According to the notes of the recent meeting between the club and the bfcsa, the stand is going to be all-seater as any installation of rail-standing would have to be replicated for the away fans.
Is this a league rule? Can anyone cite any examples/a source for this rule?

I see that the government announcement about licences for safe standing at Premier League and Championship clubs refers to home and away fans (https://www.gov.uk/government/news/safe ... ext-season), but there’s no sign on the pitch that we’re planning for the Championship.

As far as I can tell League One Shrewsbury’s popular and successful safe standing accommodation is home fans only (https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/fo ... -standing/).
Why do I get the feeling this is typical Barnet FC bulls**t? My suspicion is that the stand will be seated simply because TK wants it to be - though the grants available may be a significant factor in that.

Frankly, I'm not sure the supporter experience is any more than a passing thought inside the club, whatever they may say.
HertsBee

I thought plans for the South Stand had already been approved. If they are with Harrow Council, are they available to view.
BGr

Has anyone in the SA bothered to challenge them on this?

“Can we have a terrace please”
“No”
“Okay”

As with everything else I suspect it comes down to money. “Away end has to have it too” why? The real reason is likely that he can’t claim grant money for that type of stand.