South Stand

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
PBBee

Re: South Stand

LeftSideRun wrote:
PBBee wrote:
hoofer2 wrote:
b4life wrote:If you're a member of the Supporters Association, you've just been sent a poll about sitting or standing at the Hive. One of the main points against standing is that the club says very few people used it, Barnet fans have voted with their feet and sat in the Legends stand. Do you think that's true? Or is it that the old crap terrace put people off?
The main drawback for South Terrace was not having a Legends type bar- hence lower price fully justified. If a bar is available - I think the justification for lower price is lost as it's down to personal choice then to stand or sit - as availability facilities will be similar

Perhaps having a Terrace that could have railed seating installed is sensible?
I personally think the legends bar is crap, we had no problem drinking in the Hive bar before the game then wondering round (we even do this most games now) - never had an issue with the views either. Especially enjoyed shooting towards us in a big game!
Much prefered it when we had the bigger Hive Bar. Post game, looking out onto the pitch was far more enjoyable than the view from Legends.
Yep. The sports bar that was the Hive bar when we first started playing there was superb.
Mikel Bee

hoppy wrote:
edgeog wrote:Would anyone be able to do weekly update photos of progress of the new stand, maybe in it's own separate thread.
If anyone's got a spare minute or two (for the benefit of fans not able to attend tonight) it would be great to have some photos of what's been done so far.
From tonight hoppy.Image
hoppy

Thanks Mikel Bee.it will be great to see the progress of the new stand.
Reminds me of when the South Stand was built at Underhill. It seemed to go up virtually overnight.
john dockers shorts

Different angle
Attachments
20220222_193927.jpg
Beesting

Where do these plans align with the plans that got declined not too long ago? Are we still trying to build stands into the corners to close the ground off?
ETBee

I have tried on several occasions to find out from the Club what they are actually doing on the south of the Hive. After a couple of emails telling me that they are knocking down the south stand, which we can see, they eventually told me this:

"We hope you can appreciate that we can only provide information as and when available. This will be shared with fans via the website, so please do keep checking for updates."

So nobody at the Hive knows what they are building!! Does TK know? Such incompetence and disregard for fans.
edgeog

It would be nice if the club put out a statement along the lines of "The club has started work on construction of the new South Stand. Details and plans can be seen here". They must have the plans and the permission, so what is the secrecy.
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

edgeog wrote:It would be nice if the club put out a statement along the lines of "The club has started work on construction of the new South Stand. Details and plans can be seen here". They must have the plans and the permission, so what is the secrecy.
Plans can be seen on the Harrow Council planning website. Reference number is P/2764/17
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
ETBee

But we shouldn't have to rely on Harrow Council to tell us what is going on at our club!
BEEGONE

ETBee wrote:But we shouldn't have to rely on Harrow Council to tell us what is going on at our club!
The club don’t care, if they cared the terrace would still
Be there and open for the past 2 seasons…
Tuesds

BEEGONE wrote:
ETBee wrote:But we shouldn't have to rely on Harrow Council to tell us what is going on at our club!
Agree that the terrace should’ve been open, but surely it’s fairer to say two-thirds of a season, not two seasons.
hoofer2

BEEGONE wrote:
The terrace was shit and not worth getting nostalgic over.

The club did inform fans of submitted plans and were completely transparent. Nothing has changed since other than building works have finally started.

As for standing / railed seating it all comes down to condition of grant.

I wonder if installing railed seating without being used for standing is permitted?
rudebwoyben

The terrace was shit. I mean, metal steps FFS. I am nostalgic for a proper terrace but not that.
ETBee

I tried to go through the planning application on the Harrow website but there are so many documents it is very difficult to get an overall picture of the plans. What I did notice was that the original plan includes the removal of seating on the south east area to create a terrace.
edgeog

I believe the plan to create a terrace on the SE section has been scrapped as not cost effective.