Spotted any potential from the released lists ?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoofer2

Re: Spotted any potential from the released lists ?

Maidstone forum talking about many players who are ex-bees.

Binom-Williams, Barham, Sweeney, Amaluzor (left Motherwell)

Barham not signed a new contract yet - think he could be a Brennan type player
Tuesds

Sweeney was a popular and important player for the League 2 champions, for whom he made 38 appearances last season. He’ll surely go to a League 2 club, or at the least a big-spending Conference club (ie not us!).

If we lose Marriott as seems likely we’re going to need to try to replace his goals (and more). One of the most eligible candidates, NL South top scorer Ryan Seager, has just signed for Dorking. Barham or Orsi are both good shouts. Orsi’s a local lad (played for Cockfosters as a youngster and went to Southgate School according to the World Wide Web). I suppose whether he’s available is a question of whether Harrogate have written him off.

I’d love to see us pull off just one or two eyebrow-raising coups. Someone like Yeovil winger Charlie Wakefield, of whom Brennan’s a big fan having had him at Wealdstone. He’s out of contract and hasn’t yet signed a new one. Glovers fans seem to think that if he doesn’t sign a new deal for them he’ll take the same route as several others to his old boss Darren Sarll’s Woking.
Roy57

hoofer2 wrote: 10 Jun 2022, 12:49 Maidstone forum talking about many players who are ex-bees.

Binom-Williams, Barham, Sweeney, Amaluzor (left Motherwell)

Barham not signed a new contract yet - think he could be a Brennan type player
[/quote

According to Maidstone forum it was announced in clubs social event Barnham had signed as they took option of another year.
Norfolkbee

The other obvious route to go along is to pick up players who have been released from the U23 squads at EFL clubs. There are probably some little gems there with the advantage that they are well schooled in the full-time professional game and understand the requirements.The major stumbling block to this is that these players ( and their agents) tend to hang on to see if another EFL club comes in for them.
pletch99

Norfolkbee wrote: 10 Jun 2022, 17:25 The other obvious route to go along is to pick up players who have been released from the U23 squads at EFL clubs. There are probably some little gems there with the advantage that they are well schooled in the full-time professional game and understand the requirements.The major stumbling block to this is that these players ( and their agents) tend to hang on to see if another EFL club comes in for them.
The trouble with this route is that many of these players haven't really played any mens football. Some don't adapt and others take time to adapt. Kian Flanagan is a good example of this - in his early game, he just seemed to want too much time and was constantly caught in possession, but to his credit he adjusted pretty fast and was one of our best players before his injury.

It's risky going down this route - but also potentially high reward, there are some gems to be had and if the player adapts and does well, you have an excellent change of a decent transfer fee.
Roy57

Norfolkbee wrote: 10 Jun 2022, 17:25 The other obvious route to go along is to pick up players who have been released from the U23 squads at EFL clubs. There are probably some little gems there with the advantage that they are well schooled in the full-time professional game and understand the requirements.The major stumbling block to this is that these players ( and their agents) tend to hang on to see if another EFL club comes in for them.
I do agree but agents waiting to see if any league clubs might come in for these players has been happening for years and TK and DB must of known this. So what we going to do wait till the last possible moment and then as usual miss out on them. And then rush round bringing in players that were Dean's third choice. As mentioned clubs such as Dorking have signed a top goal scored from National league south, and many clubs have gone after there targets and got them done. This has happened to us to many times now, got fingers crossed it doesn't happen again but signs not good at this time. Like posts on hear would love to see us sign a couple of top signings to show us the club. means business, but if we cannot even get our own top scorer to sign, so not overly confident of any signings that will get other clubs to sit up and take notice.
becbee

The reality every season is that players very often have a highly inflated sense of their own ability, also listen too closely to their agents who get them to hold out for better offers. It's basically all a big gamble, which in some cases pays off for players, other times it doesn't. Remember how David Stephens thought he could do better than us, quite likely turned down offers - then found himself having to join Borehamwood after the season had started or find himself out of work.
I suppose another way of looking at it is that any players who are too keen to sign maybe do so in the knowledge that the offer made is for more than anybody else would offer them. Or put another way, more than they're worth.
letchbee94

Bale is available ;) :P
He would fit in nicely here as he always seems to be injured as well lol
Norfolkbee

To be fair, players wouldn't be at EFL clubs if they didn't have something about them. The trouble is that the competition for senior pro contracts is very intense and some good players will inevitably fall through the cracks. The talent is there for lower level clubs to hoover up. Many of these players will grasp a second chance with both hands. How they adapt their game should be a partnership between the player and the coaching set-up at their new club. I would rather take a risk on a young player who has been through the "system" than one who goes full time and then decides after a few months that he would rather be working on a building site and playing for a few extra quid.
Tuesds

Roy57 wrote: 10 Jun 2022, 18:19
…So what we going to do wait till the last possible moment and then as usual miss out on them. And then rush round bringing in players that were Dean's third choice. As mentioned clubs such as Dorking have signed a top goal scored from National league south, and many clubs have gone after there targets and got them done. This has happened to us to many times now, got fingers crossed it doesn't happen again but signs not good at this time…
We announced a signing yesterday! A decent-looking one, too.
john dockers shorts

I know everyone wants daily if not hourly updates on Deans bowl movements, I'm going to hazard a guess that he's been pretty busy in the last few months and upto his balls in closing down potential targets. It must be the hardest job with players being offered all kinds of deals.

I've got no interest in what other teams are doing, I'm 100% sure we won't be playing 7 aside in September
fordybarnet

john dockers shorts wrote: 11 Jun 2022, 06:13 I know everyone wants daily if not hourly updates on Deans bowl movements, I'm going to hazard a guess that he's been pretty busy in the last few months and upto his balls in closing down potential targets. It must be the hardest job with players being offered all kinds of deals.

I've got no interest in what other teams are doing, I'm 100% sure we won't be playing 7 aside in September
Sounds as tho' he could be doing the washing up as well !
#Beebot

Beesting wrote:Wouldn’t mind that Danilo D’Orsi on loan for a season. Was lethal for Maidenhead a few seasons ago, hasn’t worked out since with his loan to B’Wood but think he’d be good with a run of games.
Orsi would be the perfect replacement for Marriott. Similar player.
Tuesds

Tuesds wrote: 18 May 2022, 21:57 Interesting to see that giant French centre half Moussa Diarra has been released by Woking, to the apparent disappointment of Cards fans. Notably Brennan will know him very well, having managed him at Hemel Hempstead.
Thought this was a likely one!
ninestein

Tuesds wrote: 13 Jun 2022, 09:33
Tuesds wrote: 18 May 2022, 21:57 Interesting to see that giant French centre half Moussa Diarra has been released by Woking, to the apparent disappointment of Cards fans. Notably Brennan will know him very well, having managed him at Hemel Hempstead.
Thought this was a likely one!
Well called!
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!