Spotted any potential from the released lists ?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Patel89

Re: Spotted any potential from the released lists ?

I can see cuthbert joining being on of Brennan's leaders

Turley will go

Marriot I wish he stays

Grego-cox I feel we won't be able to afford but he does want to stay!

Akinola and seymour a big no for me
jonbonbaby

I’d have akinola for the left wing but not as a striker
Roy57

8th June and not a signing announced. First pre season friendly is 5th July so less than four weeks away. Considering to posts on hear we are possibly looking at bringing in 12 new players. As DB mentioned they started looking into what players were needed months ago. Fingers crossed this is not a last min rush to bring in players to make up a squad. That many players will need time to Gell.
b4life

He's been planning signings for months, there is no need to panic yet. This is the first time for ages where we have had continuity, I am sure DB has it all under control. I am sure signings are coming and extensions too, hopefully.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
Beesting

Maybe in the interim Barnet could release an interview with the manager just for general pre-season updates. I notice that’s been happening with other clubs.
Tuesds

We know we shouldn’t expect any new signings to be announced until July 1st or soon after, ie once players’ existing contracts have expired and they can formally be signed and registered as Barnet players. We’re not the only ones who take this approach, indeed I think most National League clubs have only announced renewals (with several exceptions, of course). However, as time passes then increasingly I would suggest that it’s the case that no news is bad news in respect of Adam Marriott.
Roy57

Tuesds wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 15:46 We know we shouldn’t expect any new signings to be announced until July 1st or soon after, ie once players’ existing contracts have expired and they can formally be signed and registered as Barnet players. We’re not the only ones who take this approach, indeed I think most National League clubs have only announced renewals (with several exceptions, of course). However, as time passes then increasingly I would suggest that it’s the case that no news is bad news in respect of Adam Marriott.
If as you say don't expect signings July 1st or just after, so what team will we put out on July 5th in our first pre season friendly ?
Tuesds

Roy57 wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 16:54
Tuesds wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 15:46 We know we shouldn’t expect any new signings to be announced until July 1st or soon after, ie once players’ existing contracts have expired and they can formally be signed and registered as Barnet players. We’re not the only ones who take this approach, indeed I think most National League clubs have only announced renewals (with several exceptions, of course). However, as time passes then increasingly I would suggest that it’s the case that no news is bad news in respect of Adam Marriott.
If as you say don't expect signings July 1st or just after, so what team will we put out on July 5th in our first pre season friendly ?
We’ll pick from the 13 players we’ve retained (17 if new deals are agreed with those described as in talks), plus the players we will have agreed deals with by the end of June and whose signings will be announced in early July, plus probably some trialists. I don’t think we’ll struggle to get a team out.
ninestein

Chances are some of the new players will be at the training ground and taking part in pre-season before they are announced formally. There will be lots of trialists as usual, and the first friendly may well be two mixed XI's playing one half each.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Roy57

I See Dan Sweeney has left Forest green Rovers, would like to see him back with us. Would be good signing, but not sure after Phillips joining. But rumours he is joining Dagenham.
ninestein

Not always a fan of old players returning. Quite often they are not the same player, but I have to admit, i would live to see Dan Sweeney back in a Barnet shirt. Please...
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
WillesdenBee

I would love us to sign someone like Danny Newton. Released by Solihull, not had the greatest of seasons last campaign but did well in the league above with Stevan**e. Would like to see him as a partner to Marriott
Last edited by WillesdenBee on 10 Jun 2022, 11:59, edited 1 time in total.
11bee717

WillesdenBee wrote: 10 Jun 2022, 11:55 I would love us to sign someone like Danny Newton. Released by Solihull, not had the greatest of seasons last campaign but did well in the league above with Stevan**e. Would like him to see him as a partner to Marriott
To partner a striker we can’t tie down.
WillesdenBee

11bee717 wrote: 10 Jun 2022, 11:58
WillesdenBee wrote: 10 Jun 2022, 11:55 I would love us to sign someone like Danny Newton. Released by Solihull, not had the greatest of seasons last campaign but did well in the league above with Stevan**e. Would like to see him as a partner to Marriott
To partner a striker we can’t tie down.
"Would like to see him" being the key words
Beesting

Wouldn’t mind that Danilo D’Orsi on loan for a season. Was lethal for Maidenhead a few seasons ago, hasn’t worked out since with his loan to B’Wood but think he’d be good with a run of games.