Bromley (Hive) The Match Thread Raven Goodbye to Mediocrity

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Bromley (Hive) The Match Thread Raven Goodbye to Mediocrity

So..... Sunday sees the bees somewhat disappointing season in the Bananarama National League shamble to a close.

After Harry Kewell garnered 2 points from 7 games it was always going to be about recovery and safety and in this regard Brennan has delivered but it has been a hard and times painful slog to get there.

Despite being popular with some bloggers and a generally affable presence when he decides to make himself available for interview it is fair to say that Brennan has not convinced everyone on his credentials to manage the team to promotion.

The main argument which I have seen for keeping him is that we need to maintain some longer term planning in how we approach the football side but this is not enough to justify keeping someone in my view there has to be some indication that he is the RIGHT person for the job not just that we might as well keep him on rather than start again. If he is to stay on then he needs to refine his tactics against the stronger teams so we do not get utterly humiliated as has happened far to often this season. He also needs a resilient squad who run through brick walls for him and don't just lean against them waiting for their next contract.

In the spirit of togetherness i will leave off Brennan and focus on Bromley as we lurch in to our final game of the season against the Ravens. Having flipped Brennan the bird for some of his decisions this season, it seems only fair to acknowledge we have achieved a 4 game unbeaten run towards the end of the season with a squad thinner than the Weymouth keeper's hairline. While many may pigeon hole this as dead games against opposition on the beach, the more eagle eyed among our support will have seen some signs of improvement in the team cohesion and according to the bloggers a few of our players are playing injured so credit to them for that. Howe has also started to resemble a footballer and showed a bit of spark at Weymouth although his early season games were nothing to crow about. Bromley will provide a sterner test even with a couple of ex bees in their ranks. Veteran stopper Mark "Dracula" Cousins is out of contention but Coulson is expected to start. I guano why Cousins is out as Bromley's twitter is not that illuminating.

In terms of team lineup I guess we will be left with the same 11 and a bench weaker than posh tea, but hope springs eternal that some of our missing men will return.

----------------------------------Oxborough-----------------------------------

--------Marshall---------Taylor--------Richards-Everton-------Howe------

-----------------------Hall--------Fonguck--------De Havilland---------------

-----------Powell----------------Marriott-------------Mason-Clark-------------

Subs: Azaze, Vasilou, Tasdemir, Walsh, Granville

I am doing this match I am still in two minds about the POTY event after. On one side I want to support the work of the SA in bringing this back on the other celebrating players finishing 20th when I have work the next day does not feel the best use of time.

In any case..... for the last time this season.....COYBs :y:
Last edited by Bee_Forever on 13 May 2022, 11:12, edited 1 time in total.
becbee

Re: Bromley (Hive) The Match Thread Raven Goodbye to Mediocrity

Thank you for your excellent thread starters this season Bee-Forever. I don't always agree with you but they always seem well thought out and they often make me laugh.
BTW, the pedant in me points out that we won't finish 20th - we can't finish lower than 18th and could maybe finish "as high" as 15th.
Bee_Forever

Oh dear. Tells you how much I have checked out.

I managed to fix the first error of getting the match day wrong fairly quickly but I think I need to own up to that one too (thanks letchbee)

My, I hope, final error is that grego-cox is back from suspension (jerrolled!) So he comes in for Powell with Powell replacing Vasilou on the bench.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

LoudmouthBFC

Good work mate, I rely on these to get my understanding of how the team is performing now I can no longer make games. #Crannersout!
JWTBee

I think that you should lay off Brennan until he has been given a pre-season to recruit his own players! He,obviously,has made a few tactical mistakes but to get to 50 points when we had 2 after 7 games is IMO a very satisfactory achievement. Also I think that as many of us who can should attend the End of Season Awards especially to support the BFCSA!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
foxy

Poor form Cranners

"Wheres you head at!!!"
#Beebot

JWTBee wrote:I think that you should lay off Brennan until he has been given a pre-season to recruit his own players! He,obviously,has made a few tactical mistakes but to get to 50 points when we had 2 after 7 games is IMO a very satisfactory achievement. Also I think that as many of us who can should attend the End of Season Awards especially to support the BFCSA!
He's already had a pre season in which he made many signings and had a veto over all the signings that weren't his.
Norfolkbee

I can't help but wonder how far up the table we would've finished without the Kewell shambles. I think we could've had at least another 8 to 10 points with a bit of organisation.
JWTBee

He's already had a pre season in which he made many signings and had a veto over all the signings that weren't his.
How do you know this? Maybe Kewell had the final say?
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
#Beebot

JWTBee wrote:
How do you know this? Maybe Kewell had the final say?
No, Brennan was Kewell's boss. Remember he fired Kewell, it wasn't TK.
Roy57

#Beebot wrote: 14 May 2022, 11:01
JWTBee wrote:I think that you should lay off Brennan until he has been given a pre-season to recruit his own players! He,obviously,has made a few tactical mistakes but to get to 50 points when we had 2 after 7 games is IMO a very satisfactory achievement. Also I think that as many of us who can should attend the End of Season Awards especially to support the BFCSA!
I do agree that Brennan must of had the final say on signings as he was Kewells boss. So he was well aware of players being brought into the club which he must of agreed were up to standard for us to have a good season. And this is why Many supporters maybe don't have the confidence next season will be the huge improvement that we all know is needed.I do feel there will be a improvement next season but it is for Dean Brennan to show supporters next season will be far better than what many see us having. Mid table is improvement and that's were I see us being. Of course having someone in charge for more than a max of a year is what's needed. I just have not seen or heard from DB to give me confidence.
BeeinBristol

Roy57 wrote: 15 May 2022, 15:35
#Beebot wrote: 14 May 2022, 11:01
I do agree that Brennan must of had the final say on signings as he was Kewells boss. So he was well aware of players being brought into the club which he must of agreed were up to standard for us to have a good season. And this is why Many supporters maybe don't have the confidence next season will be the huge improvement that we all know is needed.I do feel there will be a improvement next season but it is for Dean Brennan to show supporters next season will be far better than what many see us having. Mid table is improvement and that's were I see us being. Of course having someone in charge for more than a max of a year is what's needed. I just have not seen or heard from DB to give me confidence.
To be fair although DB had the power of veto he wanted to give Hk rightly or wrongly some leeway , trust to sign players that he had worked with before . this time around such considrations won't apply.
BeesKnees99

A fittingly shite end to another shite season.
bzzzzz

Most of the players brought in were Kewell's players. Most of them had close connections with him from previous clubs. Brennan may well have looked at the players but without trust between DoF and coach things are bound to get off to a bad start. The crop of players that begin pre season in 6 weeks time will be Brennan's. Some will work out, some won't.

This time last season I was fairly optimistic. Bassey had shown with good coaching and the right setup, the players we had at the club could compete in this division. With his knowledge of the lower leagues I was hoping he'd bring in a few gems and we'd kick on and finish midtable. When he left, I felt we went back to square one. As long as Brennan stays I'm also hopeful of a midtable position.
hoofer2

Couldn't bring myself to stay on for "Player of the Year". Just seeing the miserable selection of drink on offer. Legends could be a decent enough social club - but the bar has a real temporary feel. Just compare it to Dagenham and Redbridge's.