Bromley (Hive) The Match Thread Raven Goodbye to Mediocrity

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
#Beebot

Re: Bromley (Hive) The Match Thread Raven Goodbye to Mediocrity

LeftSideRun wrote:
hoofer2 wrote: 15 May 2022, 20:56 I thought Vasilou should have been brought on, even if for a final cameo as do not expect him to be here next season.

Howe has definitely improved after a run in the team and Granville looked like he had something to prove when he came on
Agree with all of this. Howe will be good backup next season and that was easily the best I've seen of Granville. Shades of Skeffington. RdH improved when Granville came on too.

How can you pan the team like that in your post match interview but not give the guy a 10 minute run out at the end?
Selecting Tasdemir over Vasiliou after the former hadn't turned up for training for weeks says everything about Brennan's rating of Vasiliou.
becbee

LeftSideRun wrote: 16 May 2022, 11:45 Did you notice the chattering going on during the presentations yesterday? In particular when DB was speaking? Most of that was from the players! I thought that was telling.
Telling that we have some rank bad mannered players. Primary school pupils would be pulled up for that.
Norfolkbee

The season genuinely can't come too soon for some players, who will fall over themselves to find the exit, while others will make noises about leaving, but will see how the land lies after a holiday. With a few very notable exceptions, how many of the current squad could genuinely hold down a place at a club of a similar status to Barnet, let alone higher? Some may land deals with NLS/N clubs that have bit of money, but I wouldn't bank on that.
Please, DB don't let us get lumbered with players who don't, for whatever reason, want to be hear. We've had our fill of wasters and time-servers in recent seasons.
Tuesds

#Beebot wrote: 16 May 2022, 12:01
LeftSideRun wrote:
hoofer2 wrote: 15 May 2022, 20:56 I thought Vasilou should have been brought on, even if for a final cameo as do not expect him to be here next season.

Howe has definitely improved after a run in the team and Granville looked like he had something to prove when he came on
Agree with all of this. Howe will be good backup next season and that was easily the best I've seen of Granville. Shades of Skeffington. RdH improved when Granville came on too.

How can you pan the team like that in your post match interview but not give the guy a 10 minute run out at the end?
Selecting Tasdemir over Vasiliou after the former hadn't turned up for training for weeks says everything about Brennan's rating of Vasiliou.
To my ear he said that Tasdemir hadn’t turned up ‘all week’*. And then of course he wasn’t even on the bench on Saturday, while Vasiliou was. So unless I’m missing something Tasdemir wasn’t picked over Vasiliou after not turning up.

* Yes, most of the squad this season have of course been turning up, all weak!
hoofer2

Roy57 wrote: 16 May 2022, 11:31 After listening to DB post match interview and his comments over the last 2-3 months he believes there are quite a few players who just don't want to be hear. This worries me, I can except 2-3 players not happy for what ever reason. Cannot settle, not selected. But it seems DB is saying there are at least 10 if not more. Now is this 10 players with poor attuide, 10 players who feel there far better than this team. That's a large number. 10 or more players and a manager, is it the players or how there being man managed, this is not a dig at Dean but cannot ever remember so many players not wanting to be at a club. It is hard these days managing players, some need a arm around them some need a kick up the backside. Bassey and Currie had the players singing of the same sheet, but hopefully this summer DB can manage to bring in players who want to be at our club as he stated. But it is a concern with the amount who want out as soon as possible.
Quite a few fans don't want to be here too, yet we still turn up :)
#Beebot

Tuesds wrote:
#Beebot wrote: 16 May 2022, 12:01
LeftSideRun wrote:

To my ear he said that Tasdemir hadn’t turned up ‘all week’*. And then of course he wasn’t even on the bench on Saturday, while Vasiliou was. So unless I’m missing something Tasdemir wasn’t picked over Vasiliou after not turning up.

* Yes, most of the squad this season have of course been turning up, all weak!
Should have been more clear - Brennan has been complaining about Tasdemir for weeks but it seems to be only this week that he has drawn the line. Tasdemir still came on against Grimsby for example.
let_it_bee

The worrying thing is of course - why is it that so many of them don't want to be here, bearing in mind there's a lot of unemployed footballers at this level and a good number of them are, in all honesty, not likely to be faced with a flood of offers at the end of the season.
On balance I'm pleased to hear Brennan's brutal honesty. Can't disagree with anything he said. It was a dismal spectacle against a team who, you would expect, would have been playing at half throttle because of their forthcoming Wembley final. They probably had a few second string players out there, but were still more than good enough to beat us. The keeper will carry the can to some extent (his handling was absolutely dreadful) but hardly anyone could take any pride from that performance. The fact that Howe almost stood out as one of our most committed performers shows just how low we've sunk (he worked hard to be fair, but I really don't think he's up to it).
There'll be a lot of soul searching during the close season, not least from myself given that the Hive is now a hundred mile round trip for me. Is it worth it? Well, I guess I'll wait and see how the transfer activity shapes up, but currently feeling about as low as I've ever felt about the club.
Sam_BFC

Also am pretty sure that similar reports of players "not wanting to be here" go back at least as far as the John Still era.
becbee

I think the reality is that we all just need a close season.
Mikel Bee

Sam_BFC wrote:Also am pretty sure that similar reports of players "not wanting to be here" go back at least as far as the John Still era.
Indeed. I remember many a Currie interview where he alluded to the same.
amberforever

DB post match interview seems to infer that the majority of the team didn’t want to play for the club. Would think that isn’t the case, but sure, some of them were not up to it skill wise which is maybe what he wanted to say?
WhetstoneBee

Sam_BFC wrote: 16 May 2022, 15:27 Also am pretty sure that similar reports of players "not wanting to be here" go back at least as far as the John Still era.
Well exactly, and that should worry every supporter. When you hear some of the stories about how players have been treated by Barnet FC and those in charge of it, it’s no surprise that so many want to leave, or don’t want to join in the first place. Until the club learns to treat people properly, and Barnet becomes a club that players want to play for, we won’t have the success that supporters deserve.
letchbee94

Brennan certainly does not paint a nice picture of the players, Makes them sound like not very nice people as well, not much togetherness between players and managment.
Ajtheone04

Sam_BFC wrote: 16 May 2022, 15:27 Also am pretty sure that similar reports of players "not wanting to be here" go back at least as far as the John Still era.
Harry Taylor put an end of season picture on Instagram
Alfie Pavey: free H
Liked by callum Reynolds
Boy do these non league footballers cause trouble, there's backing your mates but some of the stuff I've seen Pavey come out with is crazy