2022/23 Season Tickets

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
#Beebot

2022/23 Season Tickets

A two minute long hype video featuring repeated close ups of a striker who probably isn't going to be here next season to announce the most expensive season tickets in our history.

https://youtu.be/UyFeGhu5ze4
11bee717

Re: 2022/23 Season Tickets

#Beebot wrote: 24 May 2022, 17:52 A two minute long hype video featuring repeated close ups of a striker who probably isn't going to be here next season to announce the most expensive season tickets in our history.

https://youtu.be/UyFeGhu5ze4
It is good to see the continued low prices for U17, however how the club can justify £396 is another question.
ninestein

On the face of it, it seems like a lot. Nearly £400 is a lot for one person to find in the current climate. However, there is an extra home league game this season as the division is back up to 24 clubs. £17 per game still seems reasonable when you break it down. I've always liked the idea of the monthly payment to spread the cost. Good to see that continuing if people want that option.

It would be useful to see a proper comparison of how this stacks up against other full time clubs in this division.

The cost of living is rising. If we are freezing matchday prices then I suppose you can spin it in a positive way. The reality is that if we drop the prices our squad budget goes with it. Of course, having a budget is one thing, how we spend it is another thread entirely!
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
wearebees

It's a small increase but doesn't make it OK in my opinion. Given how poor we've been for a few seasons and the increase in living costs, surely for how few season tickets we sell, it's not worth the negative pr or risk of losing fans. Is it really so much difference to the budget when you only sell 700 (?) of them?

I'll probably still pay it like the idiotically loyal I am.

£185 at Boreham Wood.

£252 for an under 21 is a terrible idea.

We're supposed to be trying to attract fans, not lose them like we will.

On the day cost still too much, meaning someone who can't go to every match or doesn't want to will just go even less.
DSM

Over to TK now.

Keep Marriott and invest in decent players and he’ll get the sales.

Lose Marriott and leave recruitment late/do it on the cheap and the Hive could be very empty next year
adher36

Twice as many people wouldn't buy season tickets if they were priced at £199. Therein lies TK's problem.
Tuesds

I don’t know how much money we save on a matchday by closing the southern half of the East Stand/The Family Stand, but there is a serious cost in terms of reputation and goodwill in eschewing the opportunity to offer a lower entry point in our pricing package.

As we’ve seen in the past with with cheaper options such as the North Terrace at Underhill, the South Terrace at The Hive etc. the overwhelming majority of regular fans will choose the more expensive option anyway for a better view/facilities, so it seems unlikely that the revenue from the higher-priced area would be affected hugely by the existence of a cheaper one.

However a lower-priced option, possibly a family-orientated one, can be used to advertise the club to new and lapsed fans, and younger fans in particular, and to begin to shift the club’s reputation as an expensive place that’s to be avoided by casual supporters.
Last edited by Tuesds on 25 May 2022, 05:52, edited 1 time in total.
thebeekeeper

adher36 wrote: 24 May 2022, 20:44 Twice as many people wouldn't buy season tickets if they were priced at £199. Therein lies TK's problem.
Agreed, but therein lies Barnet's problem. Because that kind of short term, quick profit thinking is a big part of why our fan base isn't growing.

The atmosphere at The Hive is also one of the worst in the division, because it feels so empty. Bigger crowds would improve the experience and probably encourage day trippers to come back more frequently.

Mind you, we could do with getting more first-time fans in the first place before we worry about retaining them - and a cheapest ticket of £22 is hardly helping in that regard...
john dockers shorts

Wow, this is fun thread....
antbfc

Meh - same price as last year, which is cheaper in real terms. Pretty much what i expected.

£90 season ticket is a good deal for younger fans.

I agree with the sentiments above but the priority has to be to get a decent team on the pitch. You can have all the offers you want but if the football is dreadful no one will come.

Signing AM on a new contract would be a good start...
b4life

If you compare us against other London based National League clubs, with the exception of the U17 price, we are easily the most expensive both in terms of match day and season ticket prices. The only club that comes close to us is Dagenham, but you can easily get cheaper tickets there by buying early or standing. We'll be publishing a comparison shortly and then asking TK for his comments on why we're all paying a 'premium' price. Are we going to get a 'premium' team next season? These other clubs don't have half the additional income streams we do.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
chesbee

A decent discount on car parking at the Hive for season ticket holders, should be offered.
Modernist

b4life wrote: 25 May 2022, 08:44 If you compare us against other London based National League clubs, with the exception of the U17 price, we are easily the most expensive both in terms of match day and season ticket prices. The only club that comes close to us is Dagenham, but you can easily get cheaper tickets there by buying early or standing. We'll be publishing a comparison shortly and then asking TK for his comments on why we're all paying a 'premium' price. Are we going to get a 'premium' team next season? These other clubs don't have half the additional income streams we do.
Mark,

Be very interesting to hear TK's take on it, although there will be a lot of deflection and excuses. Out of interest did the club offer any consultation with the Supporters Association before fixing next years prices ? I think I can guess the answer and that would pretty much confirm any reasonable observations now will fall on deaf ears.

I'd be interested to know why the other blocks in the Hive Stand cannot be opened up. The view I gather is not the best. Why not allow for all concessions in there for £10 and adults with a minor under 17 a seat there for £15. At least that offers the chance of cheaper tickets for some. I can't understand anyway why blocks A and B are the premium £22 unless I've missed something.

Anyway, Good luck.
Agewills

Yes, the £90 season ticket is a great deal for younger fans.

However, the Match-day price is just far too much. I used to be able to get friends come along to games when their own Prem teams weren't playing/on TV, but telling them the ticket price is £22 is never going to work (and hasn't). Why is it so expensive? Like so many others have mentioned here, a cheaper match-day price will increase bums on seats (not to mention more food & drink sales) AND improve the atmosphere.

Attendances are falling fast, it so obvious to see, so why is the club not trying to address this? A few ticket offers throughout the season is all well and good, but the match-day price of £22 is simply putting people off coming. If we have 900 fans paying £22 that generates sales of £19,800 - however, 1500 fans paying £15 generates £22,500. And yes I know these are back-of-a-fag-packet calculations and there are other costs, etc to consider but surely more people in the ground = more revenue? (Let's not mention whether the food and drink facilities could actually handle a decent ground for now!)

I agree that the Supporters Association should raise this specific issue of math-day prices with TK and ask him to explain the thinking behind it.
hoofer2

b4life wrote: 25 May 2022, 08:44 If you compare us against other London based National League clubs, with the exception of the U17 price, we are easily the most expensive both in terms of match day and season ticket prices. The only club that comes close to us is Dagenham, but you can easily get cheaper tickets there by buying early or standing. We'll be publishing a comparison shortly and then asking TK for his comments on why we're all paying a 'premium' price. Are we going to get a 'premium' team next season? These other clubs don't have half the additional income streams we do.
When consecutive managers use 'Shopping at Lidl/Aldi for players" as a euphemism in interviews, it is not going to make fans, especially new ones sign up.

£17 per match is better than £23 so regulars will pay.

The only way fans will start to return is when we have more success on the pitch and the football enjoyable to watch.

For what it's worth I have enjoyed the atmosphere of Sunday games with additional support from local Jewish community. I'd be happy for matchday to be every Sunday as I'd be able to make the majors of matches