Striker

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
bfc_mo

Striker

I think that we don’t really need to sign a striker, I really think we can play Powell at ST. He played well at the end of the season
john dockers shorts

Re: Striker

On the subject of Daniel Powell, I spoke with him during player awards and he pretty much said it was a hard season, due to not having a pre season, injuries and therefore in and out of team. He's a very good player if he can put all of that behind him. Certainly didn't see the best of him
northantsbee

Would love to see Padraig Amond, who has been released by Newport, in a Barnet shirt. He may be 34 but I think he could still do a good job at this level for season and would add some much needed experience into the squad.
Going Indieground 7pm Tuesday, https://www.madwaspradio.com/
thebeekeeper

northantsbee wrote: 16 Jun 2022, 07:25 Would love to see Padraig Amond, who has been released by Newport, in a Barnet shirt. He may be 34 but I think he could still do a good job at this level for season and would add some much needed experience into the squad.
Absolutely, would be the perfect poacher to replace Marriott. He hasn't played any of his career in the South East, which makes me think it's not too likely – but then he did go on loan to Exeter last season.
rudebwoyben

bfc_mo wrote: 15 Jun 2022, 23:43 I think that we don’t really need to sign a striker, I really think we can play Powell at ST. He played well at the end of the season
That could well be true but we do need to sign another striker or two as we don’t have anyone else who can play in this position!
Norfolkbee

A couple of strikers will probably arrive within the next few weeks, but I'm not expecting anything too hot. I was reminded that DB has admitted that he was having to shop at Aldi, which probably explains recent developments. At least DB has been honest with us.
Tuesds

Another Brennan comment which comes to mind is that he said in one of the few interviews he did while Head of Football that strikers are easy to bring in compared to other positions. I think he mentioned good centre backs in particular as being more difficult to recruit. I wasn’t convinced at all at the time, and nothing that’s happened in the period since has changed my mind!
b4life

Norfolkbee wrote: 16 Jun 2022, 09:04 A couple of strikers will probably arrive within the next few weeks, but I'm not expecting anything too hot. I was reminded that DB has admitted that he was having to shop at Aldi, which probably explains recent developments. At least DB has been honest with us.
Aldi, so great value and good quality then? Yes please! If any manager admits he's shopping in Harrods or even John Lewis then he's got too much money for this level and probably spaffing it on rubbish.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
Norfolkbee

b4life wrote: 16 Jun 2022, 09:57
Norfolkbee wrote: 16 Jun 2022, 09:04 A couple of strikers will probably arrive within the next few weeks, but I'm not expecting anything too hot. I was reminded that DB has admitted that he was having to shop at Aldi, which probably explains recent developments. At least DB has been honest with us.
Aldi, so great value and good quality then? Yes please! If any manager admits he's shopping in Harrods or even John Lewis then he's got too much money for this level and probably spaffing it on rubbish.
I'm only quoting what he said, but maybe it was Lidl.
Roy57

Norfolkbee wrote: 16 Jun 2022, 10:01
b4life wrote: 16 Jun 2022, 09:57
I'm only quoting what he said, but maybe it was Lidl.
No pretty sure we buy at Spar
Beesting

Daniel Powell cannot be trusted to play more than 20 games a season. Don’t think he’s managed more than that in the past 5 seasons. We desperately need a natural striker who can manage a season without breaking down.
JWTBee

Beesting wrote: 16 Jun 2022, 13:08 Daniel Powell cannot be trusted to play more than 20 games a season. Don’t think he’s managed more than that in the past 5 seasons. We desperately need a natural striker who can manage a season without breaking down.
I'm in total agreement with this.Powell should be a back-up striker at best!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
Neilmac

Whatever the question, Daniel Powell is not the answer. A shame, he was a very good player several years ago. I've no idea who the much needed striker could be, Dorking Wanderers have a monopoly on the best of last season's NLS, having brought in Ryan Seager to partner Alfie Rutherford. Josh Kelly of Maidenhead was highly rated by the bloke I sat next to at their place. Maybe Bingham of Ebbsfleet but he seems very inconsistent. Shaun Jeffers perhaps but others on here who have seen more of him than me don't seem to rate him

Anybody good probably won't be dropping down from the EFL, so perhaps a Prem League or Championship Academy player for a season?

Our squad has some promise, but TK must unlock the funds for the striker DB needs and, as important, a top goalie.
#Beebot

Aldershot have signed Francis Amartey, who I was really hoping we would sign.
thebeekeeper

#Beebot wrote: 16 Jun 2022, 19:53 Aldershot have signed Francis Amartey, who I was really hoping we would sign.
Seems like exactly the kind of player we should be going for.

They've also brought in Inih Effiong, who could be a good foil for more of a Marriott-esque poacher.