Striker

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
rudebwoyben

Re: Striker

New signing today, will it be a striker?
Tuesds

Talking of Amartey at Haynes and Yeading, I see that in the same league Beaconsfield have a striker, Nathan Minhas, who scored even more last season. And that despite Beaconsfield finishing at the bottom end of the table.

We do seem to have some sort of link/relationship with Beaconsfield, with Vasiliou, Azaze and possibly others I can’t recall being sent there on loan in recent times…
#Beebot

Tuesds wrote:Talking of Amartey at Haynes and Yeading, I see that in the same league Beaconsfield have a striker, Nathan Minhas, who scored even more last season. And that despite Beaconsfield finishing at the bottom end of the table.

We do seem to have some sort of link/relationship with Beaconsfield, with Vasiliou, Azaze and possibly others I can’t recall being sent there on loan in recent times…
De Havilland was on loan there too. Minhas was in the Maidenhead youth team, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him return there if he does step up.
#Beebot

Danilo Orsi signs for Grimsby, so that's another potential target gone, although we were never going to be able to compete with them.
Spodothebee

#Beebot wrote: 17 Jun 2022, 18:07 Danilo Orsi signs for Grimsby, so that's another potential target gone, although we were never going to be able to compete with them.
If potential target means ‘name thrown out on a forum’ then it qualifies. None of us know Brennan’s targets
Tuesds

Spodothebee wrote: 18 Jun 2022, 11:03
#Beebot wrote: 17 Jun 2022, 18:07 Danilo Orsi signs for Grimsby, so that's another potential target gone, although we were never going to be able to compete with them.
If potential target means ‘name thrown out on a forum’ then it qualifies. None of us know Brennan’s targets
Beebot can speak for themselves, but of course a player who has scored goals in the National League previously who is out of favour at a club one division above, who is from this part of the world and who just spent half a season at our near neighbours is a potential target for a club seeking to replace 19 National League goals. Obviously we don’t know Brennan’s targets - wouldn’t be a potential target if we did, simply a target - but I haven’t seen anyone claim they do, and speculation over striker signings is a time-honoured custom in the close-season!
ETBee

We've got a striker (who DB brought in) - Louis Walsh.....
JWTBee

ETBee wrote: 18 Jun 2022, 16:19 We've got a striker (who DB brought in) - Louis Walsh.....
Yes - that has gone well!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
Mem Beespod

ETBee wrote: 18 Jun 2022, 16:19 We've got a striker (who DB brought in) - Louis Walsh.....
Definitely has the X factor
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
amberforever

X factor missing there.
dawat

Guys can I suggest we give Walsh a bit of a break. Let's see what he can do with some match fitness and getting a few decent length games with players he has actually played with more than a couple of times for a few minutes! Unfortunately I just get this gut feeling that Walsh is already being targeted as a this season's squad hate figure by some before the guy has even kicked the ball. I will judge his value much later this season when and if he is given sufficient opportunity to show his true ability.
becbee

This is fair comment. Since he signed for us, the only time he's actually played for any length of time was 90 minutes at Wrexham, where we lost 6-0, few of us were there and even for those who were, probably not a match to judge any individual on. Apart from that, he's only managed 91 minutes over 8 matches, an average of 11 minutes per match, and he's been an unused sub / not in squad 8 times. So he's not impressed us so far but in truth, it's probably not surprising.
Roy57

dawat wrote: 19 Jun 2022, 11:26 Guys can I suggest we give Walsh a bit of a break. Let's see what he can do with some match fitness and getting a few decent length games with players he has actually played with more than a couple of times for a few minutes! Unfortunately I just get this gut feeling that Walsh is already being targeted as a this season's squad hate figure by some before the guy has even kicked the ball. I will judge his value much later this season when and if he is given sufficient opportunity to show his true ability.
Just admit I do agree with this, the lad has hardly kicked a ball for us yet seen very negative comments, I don't know how f he was carrying a knock, how long he had gone without playing match football. Let's give him a pre season, and play a few games, then possibly he can be judged. To me it's more DB fault, why was He not given game time, was He injured if so why did DB sign him unless it was because Dean noticed big potential. Either way believe DB could of helped take pressure of the lad as to why he was not playing.
tonbridgebee

Fair comment I think. The lad hadn't played too much football before coming to us and just like plenty last season probably suffered from either a lack of game time or a proper pre-season.

DB expects him to give us something different with his pace, we'll see soon enough for 4-5 weeks of pre-season whether he has anything for us.
magiovinium_bee

His pace was evident when he came on as a late sub at Torquay (possibly his debut)? He got himself clean through one v one with the keeper in stoppage time but his shot was blocked by the keeper. If that had gone in, and an unlikely victory been secured, then just perhaps, the rest of the season might have been very different for him with the resultant confidence he would have gained. Just a thought.