Striker

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
thebeekeeper

Re: Striker

Looking through the forums of clubs he has previously played for, I'm not hugely excited about this one.

However, once again, DB will know that the the player has the right mentality, having worked with him before.

There's obviously something there, if Portsmouth and Kilmarnock have both been keen to sign him from non-league football.

Like other people have said, I think this one will be defined by our other attacking additions. If he's paired with a first-class poacher (or perhaps ends up as an option to change games off the bench) then it might not be a bad signing.
letchbee94

Least we got 1 striker in now.
Anthony

Beesting wrote: 21 Jun 2022, 15:56 Laughable how DB said his passion is players and scouting yet his knowledge doesn’t seem to go past ex players.
Its ridiculous, isn’t it?

Of course, who knows, these players may do the job. But DB has said he is looking for a selfish striker and gone ahead and signed someone who hasn’t this quality at all. Now if we add that to the fact that DB is signing his old players, then I am really beginning to question if much scouting has happened at all - it certainly can’t have happened at the levels DB was claiming a couple of months ago.

I just hope DB takes responsibility should Kabamba doesn’t prove to be the selfish striker that DB has already said he isn’t, rather than throw him under the bus, which DB seemed to do with alarming regularity towards the end of the season.
northantsbee

A Cobblers supporting mate of mine said that Kabamba is very quick and would probably flourish at this level given the opportunity. OK his past record is not great at this level, but seven goals in 17 games between Jan and May 2019 at Hartlepool suggests he has the capability (or 17 goals in 45 National league starts plus 25 appearances from the bench). If DB thinks he can get the best out of him we may have signed a rough diamond.
Going Indieground 7pm Tuesday, https://www.madwaspradio.com/
11bee717

northantsbee wrote: 21 Jun 2022, 21:00 A Cobblers supporting mate of mine said that Kabamba is very quick and would probably flourish at this level given the opportunity. OK his past record is not great at this level, but seven goals in 17 games between Jan and May 2019 at Hartlepool suggests he has the capability (or 17 goals in 45 National league games in total). Considering Marriott had only scored 11 goals in 50 games at this level before we signed him it looks like we may have signed a rough diamond.
The interview with him also puts into perspective his recent form. At Northampton he was playing in his words as a ‘defensive striker’ and for Woking whilst he was on loan he was a wide forward. He then went on to say he’s an out and out striker where he hadn’t played last season. There’s some clips on social media and YouTube and he looks to be a tidy finisher. With a manager that has full trust in him I reckon this could turn out to be a shrewd and positive signing.
Mem Beespod

I’ve watched all the clips I could find on him and it was clear to me that each club were playing him in different zones of the pitch.

In the Northampton clips he was playing deeper linking up play.

In the Hartlepool clips he was on the last man and was scoring goals.

Kilmarnock, it was a bit of a mixture but he was getting on the end of crosses

And as has been mentioned he played wide at Woking.

To me it looks like he’s quite a versatile striker but looks most dangerous utilised as Hartlepool deployed him on the last man.

I see a lot of similarities with the way Akinde has been up and down at different clubs because managers get fixated with his size and don’t look at what he’s actually good at. Maybe DB can be to Kabamba what MA was to Akinde.
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
b4life

Comments sound very similar to the comments about Marriott when he first joined - not and out and out striker, not a great record at this level etc etc????
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
antbfc

Mem Beespod wrote: 21 Jun 2022, 23:02 I’ve watched all the clips I could find on him and it was clear to me that each club were playing him in different zones of the pitch.

To me it looks like he’s quite a versatile striker but looks most dangerous utilised as Hartlepool deployed him on the last man.

I see a lot of similarities with the way Akinde has been up and down at different clubs because managers get fixated with his size and don’t look at what he’s actually good at. Maybe DB can be to Kabamba what MA was to Akinde.
I thought exactly the same Mem. He clearly feels he's not been utilised properly. I personally think DB has signed him to bo our goalscorer, knowing that he should be higher up the pitch to get the goals.

Looking forward to seeing him in a PSF
Roy57

Mem Beespod wrote: 21 Jun 2022, 23:02 I’ve watched all the clips I could find on him and it was clear to me that each club were playing him in different zones of the pitch.

I have a good feeling about Kabamba. Watched few clips and highlights of him, he can hold the ball up well, can pay it off nicely so knows what is around him, blood close control in clips I have seen could be a gem in the making, welcome Nicke.
ETBee

29 goals in 178 games over last 5 years I reckon. Doesn't sound like a striker to me, especially at the age of 29. I think we'd be better encouraging De Havilland and Flanagan (if fit and still with us) to score a few.
Spodothebee

ETBee wrote: 22 Jun 2022, 15:27 29 goals in 178 games over last 5 years I reckon. Doesn't sound like a striker to me, especially at the age of 29. I think we'd be better encouraging De Havilland and Flanagan (if fit and still with us) to score a few.
He’s a striker.
barnet_pls

:y: :P
Roy57 wrote: 22 Jun 2022, 14:03

I have a good feeling about Kabamba. Watched few clips and highlights of him, he can hold the ball up well, can pay it off nicely so knows what is around him, blood close control in clips I have seen could be a gem in the making, welcome Nicke.
👍👍👍
Spodothebee

Not based off any rumour or link, but Brett Pitman is a free agent. 34 and legs may have gone a bit but would be an interesting signing.
Norfolkbee

Spodothebee wrote: 23 Jun 2022, 14:20 Not based off any rumour or link, but Brett Pitman is a free agent. 34 and legs may have gone a bit but would be an interesting signing.
He will probably end up at Eastleigh, where he was on loan last season.
Beesting

Spodothebee wrote: 23 Jun 2022, 14:20 Not based off any rumour or link, but Brett Pitman is a free agent. 34 and legs may have gone a bit but would be an interesting signing.
Just glad you're not our head of recruitment