Season Ticket Sales

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hgodwin

Re: Season Ticket Sales

When I logged into my ticket account on the club website, I noticed the boxes for marketing preferences were all marked "no". I am guessing that's why I never get any info? I don't remember opting out, but might have done.
hgodwin

It looks like you can edit and save those preferences. Perhaps I'll now get a flood of emails!
CrawleyBee

thebeekeeper wrote: 02 Aug 2022, 10:49
wearebees wrote: 02 Aug 2022, 10:29
Broadfieldbee wrote: 31 Jul 2022, 13:12 Brought mine today (on a whim) looks like around 700? Which isn’t great.
I'm sad enough to have counted them, and afraid to say it's not even as many as that.
Is this particularly surprising? There's presumably been no external marketing, there is barely any website / social media content at the moment (presumably while we wait for the new media manager to join) and the ticketing system didn't work correctly for the first few days STs were on sale...

Frankly there's no real reason why we would sell any more than previous seasons, the only difference is that existing fans who go together have got a much cheaper ticket (so at least there's hopefully been no decline in numbers).

This drives me up the wall, because there's a good chance that TK will look at this as being an unsuccessful promotion (unless the numbers drastically pick up) and won't want to repeat it, when in fact it's other factors (primarily disorganisation and not spending money on advertising) that are the real reasons behind its lack of success.

And we have plenty of history with this. The away coaches didn't get much take-up so were scrapped, but why didn't people use them? The late announcement of how the service would operate every year was a big part of it (so people had already booked advanced tickets on the train). Similarly, with the shuttle buses – the questionable reliability surely played a big part in people making alternative arrangements, rather than there being no demand.

I applaud the club for putting together a very generous season ticket package, but we really need to get the basics right with how we operate as an organisation.
Well said very generous offer but will not increase attendances. On the gate price must be addressed!
Formerly Watfordbee
beew

Broadfieldbee wrote: 02 Aug 2022, 11:34
thebeekeeper wrote: 02 Aug 2022, 10:49
wearebees wrote: 02 Aug 2022, 10:29
Broadfieldbee wrote: 31 Jul 2022, 13:12 Brought mine today (on a whim) looks like around 700? Which isn’t great.
I'm sad enough to have counted them, and afraid to say it's not even as many as that.
Is this particularly surprising? There's presumably been no external marketing, there is barely any website / social media content at the moment (presumably while we wait for the new media manager to join) and the ticketing system didn't work correctly for the first few days STs were on sale...

Frankly there's no real reason why we would sell any more than previous seasons, the only difference is that existing fans who go together have got a much cheaper ticket (so at least there's hopefully been no decline in numbers).

This drives me up the wall, because there's a good chance that TK will look at this as being an unsuccessful promotion (unless the numbers drastically pick up) and won't want to repeat it, when in fact it's other factors (primarily disorganisation and not spending money on advertising) that are the real reasons behind its lack of success.

And we have plenty of history with this. The away coaches didn't get much take-up so were scrapped, but why didn't people use them? The late announcement of how the service would operate every year was a big part of it (so people had already booked advanced tickets on the train). Similarly, with the shuttle buses – the questionable reliability surely played a big part in people making alternative arrangements, rather than there being no demand.

I applaud the club for putting together a very generous season ticket package, but we really need to get the basics right with how we operate as an organisation.
Well said very generous offer but will not increase attendances. On the gate price must be addressed!
The problem with reducing on the day prices, is that you also have to offer that price to visiting fans.

A better way of addressing the problem would be to offer a 5 game/10 game carnet scheme, where you can choose games you want to go to over the season, (say at a 25% discount to current admission prices).
BeesKnees

Sorry if this has already been covered.

I've ordered season tickets. They do not have photos for us and all I have is a printed paper ticket from the ticketing site.

Anyone know if I will be able to just use the ticket at the barrier?
mike_p

They should work at the barrier.
I'm taking a printed copy of my ticket and QR code as, if the season tickets arrive on time, I have no confidence they will work, and expect general chaos and pandemonium at the turn-styles, in usual Barnet style.

The 'free ticket' I was finally given, I asked to change the seat number. After a phone call and 2 emails asking them to move it, I just checked the seating plan which showed it hadn't been transferred after all.

Getting totally p1ssed off and disillusioned with this club. Why is everything so difficult to do !
letchbee94

Have tickets been sent out?
Will last years still work?
ETBee

A quick check indicates that about 570 home seats have been sold for the Halifax game in the Legends Stand. I would guess that about 500 of these are season tickets. Is that good?
11bee717

Nothing from the club yet that tickets are on sale. Shocking considering it’s the first game of the season, and TK will be wondering why the attendance hasn’t increased
becbee

letchbee94 wrote: 02 Aug 2022, 20:58 Have tickets been sent out?
Will last years still work?
At the first 2 home PSF's our last season tickets worked. At the third, 2 of them still worked but 1 wouldn't - which made no sense seeing as they're on the same account and were renewed together. She was sent round to the ticket office to get a paper ticket and ended up missing the start of the match.
let_it_bee

Does anyone have any insights into what is happening with the season ticket admin? Tried phoning but just get “there is no one available to take your call” and no option to leave a message. Are we going to have to turn up early on Saturday to deal with the hassles? I’ve paid for season ticket but am struggling to motivate myself in the face of such inept organisation. The guy I spoke to a couple of weeks ago was helpful but I guess he can’t do it all on his own.
mike_p

Buddy posted yesterday that Steve Cooney told him tickets were being posted yesterday (Tues).
Doesn't give long to sort out any mistakes.
I plan to turn up early on Saturday, as I can't imagine things working well.
CrawleyBee

Assume we can just use the bar codes on our ticket account on the website ? That’s what I am hoping will work! Not uploaded photos yet either.
Formerly Watfordbee
CrawleyBee

ETBee wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 08:11 A quick check indicates that about 570 home seats have been sold for the Halifax game in the Legends Stand. I would guess that about 500 of these are season tickets. Is that good?
Not really! But zero advertising and marketing as per, to late in the day now! Should have made it a community day and advertised to the locals. Cracking season ticket offer, but won’t make any difference to the gate.
Formerly Watfordbee
Mikel Bee

Broadfieldbee wrote:Assume we can just use the bar codes on our ticket account on the website ? That’s what I am hoping will work! Not uploaded photos yet either.
That should work.

I lost my season ticket card halfway through last season. I didn't bother trying to get a new one, just printed out the barcode from the website and it worked for every game.