39%
Flirting with the dreaded drop - 18 - 20
8%
Concord, here we come - 21 - 24
No votes

Total votes: 38

b4life

So, how are we going to do this season?

Only one friendly left to play. A full pre-season for a change with the same manager from last season, a novelty for Barnet FC. Lots of new signings, probably need a forward and centre back adding? Based on what you've seen or head how do you think we'll do. Last season 27% of supporters who responded said 'Mid table mediocrity', 46% said just outside the playoffs and a very optimistic 10% said we'd go up, no one thought we would be relegated.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
dawat

Re: So, how are we going to do this season?

The starting 11 is sound if not overly inspiring, and should be good enough to dispel any thoughts of relegation. When it comes to top end of the table I don't really believe our starting 11 are good enough to challenge the likes of Wrexham and the lack in depth of some positions will most likely cost us dearly if any unfortunate injuries occur in those positions. If experience has surely taught us anything in life at Barnet, it's that our playing weaknesses always get exposed, especially in those positions we lack depth in. So my guess would be a finish just about in the top half of league.
b4life

At the moment, 58% think that we'll do much better this season but few are expecting play offs or better. Quite similar to last season's predictions.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
Norfolkbee

I am keeping my prediction quiet until I see DB's final signings, assuming there are to be some.
ETBee

The trouble is that any assessment of our finishing position is made in isolation. Few, if any, have watched the psfs of other NL teams so it's difficult to make a comparison.

My worry is that the NL is quickly dividing into the haves and have not like the PL. Wrexham, Notts County, Chesterfield etc are getting richer and stronger and it will be difficult for the likes of Barnet to break into this group. We may do a Leicester City though!
becbee

This is what I think too.
I'm going to reserve judgement on a prediction until after the St Albans match but I do think the bottom third of the league will be stronger this season than last. The three who went down were weaker than I expect the four coming up to be. The one thing that I am confident about is we won't capitulate and concede 4,5,6 even 7 goals as we did last season.
Eltel

How do you add a vote
Norfolkbee

ETBee wrote: 28 Jul 2022, 07:59 The trouble is that any assessment of our finishing position is made in isolation. Few, if any, have watched the psfs of other NL teams so it's difficult to make a comparison.

My worry is that the NL is quickly dividing into the haves and have not like the PL. Wrexham, Notts County, Chesterfield etc are getting richer and stronger and it will be difficult for the likes of Barnet to break into this group. We may do a Leicester City though!
The "haves and have nots" is quite true, but disappointing where Barnet are concerned because they have a chairman who, if he chose to, could put them at least within touching distance of the league's "elite" if the will was there.
Last edited by Norfolkbee on 28 Jul 2022, 15:34, edited 1 time in total.
talldarkslim

Mid table 13-16 as goals will be hard to come by after Marriott