Aldershot (Away) The Match Thread With A Shot Temper

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
North Finchley Bee

Re: Aldershot (Away) The Match Thread With A Shot Temper

I'm going into this (the Southend game) game with a degree of optimism. We've a good group of players, key players are fit and well, and off the back of a full week of training, aware that a win is important to keep us in the mix. I look at the table and we are in a play off place. After last season, I didn't even contemplate that, and would, with most people on here have expected mid table security, with a view to play offs next year. This needs to be a long (i.e three to four years) project, so as to get club, infrastructure, staffing and dare I say support appropriate for a League Two return. Agree re another proper striker., although we could adapt no doubt if we cannot get one. Hopefully there will be some news shortly.
Chainsaw

Completely agree that success needs to be viewed as a three year project. This short termism hasn't worked for us. I like DB and I believe in him. If 50%+ of his signings work out that's a good hit rate. We will go through periods where we won't win games. DB said as much during the summer.
ninestein

It's clear that the good start has increased expectation levels. This is great, but we must also be mindful that there will be off days. Every team has them. Most of us expected to beat Aldershot, but that's football. Don't get hung up on it, just move on.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
EastBarnetBee

CrawleyBee wrote: 03 Sep 2022, 18:05
EastBarnetBee wrote: 03 Sep 2022, 18:03
Chainsaw wrote: 03 Sep 2022, 16:30
EastBarnetBee wrote: 03 Sep 2022, 15:00 Does anyone know what happened to Ron? He attended Barnet games regularly but has not been seen for a long time. He is a postman in his 50s I believe.
He's been going to Barnet FC for decades. Something's happened
We haven’t seen him since the lockdown. He was always very vocal in the stands. I’m concerned if he’s alright or not. Hopefully he’s just taking a break and nothing serious.
Known Ron for years, he doesn’t use social media or have a phone, hope he’s okay. Let’s hope we see him at a game soon!
Just coming back to this post, does anyone know what has happened to Ron? He was a regular on the terraces and could always be heard but has not been seen in months/since lockdown.
John Hunt

You mean Reinaldo Hill to give him his full name.

I called him to tell him the sad news of Tank's passing.

He retired from the postal service.

He wasn't very well. I believe he said he had bad arthritis and mobility issues which prevented him attending.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
EastBarnetBee

Thanks for the update John. Wishing him well and hopefully see him in the stands again soon.
Sam_BFC

Send best wishes to Ronald
Doyley

What a shame he’s not well enough to attend, Barnet stalwart
letchbee94

Poor Ronald that he is suffering bad health after retiring.