Southen (Hive) The Rest in Peace Your Majesty Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
jonbonbaby

Re: Southen (Hive) The Rest in Peace Your Majesty Match Thread

Drums should be banned ????? Boring , bring back vuvuzalers or whatever they are called :D
becbee

jonbonbaby wrote: 03 Nov 2022, 13:12 Drums should be banned ????? Boring , bring back vuvuzalers or whatever they are called :D
They were awful. Not many things would put me off attending matches but they might!!
JWTBee

Worrying that Brennan calls Powell a huge player for us in the post match interview. I've never seen it.
Worrying indeed as he has NEVER been a huge player for us! We need to get rid asap! But,sadly,probably not until his contract expires next June!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
Roy57

WillesdenBee wrote: 02 Nov 2022, 22:42 Vlog from the game. Not that anyone wants to watch any of that game back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB-r4skllMI
Even after a losing a game your Nan always brings a smile to my face as that is what it's all about.
Loved the big were she said "Southend supporters only know one song, maybe they need to eat more Ross's ice cream,as that's my fav" priceless.
wearebees

JWTBee wrote: 03 Nov 2022, 14:30
Worrying that Brennan calls Powell a huge player for us in the post match interview. I've never seen it.
Worrying indeed as he has NEVER been a huge player for us! We need to get rid asap! But,sadly,probably not until his contract expires next June!
Probably just trying to market him in the hope someone will take him?
North Finchley Bee

I wonder whether there is an element of a) irony and b) trying to move him on in relation to Powell. Perhaps I expect too much but from a personal view I would not be happy taking 60-70k a year to effectively do nothing. Perhaps he's a huge inspiration in training/the gym etc..

Having been at the game on Tuesday, I just thought we were a bit mweh. We looked a bit knackered, a bit lacklustre. I didn't think there were any terrible performances but there were no really good ones. De Haviland for me has lost the spark he had last season. He pulls out of tackles, doesn't got up for headers and bottles 50 50s - and I thought he was pretty good last season. Maybe a spell out might do him good. The penalty wasn't a pen from where I was in E stand. As soon as Collinge went in, he had to get the ball, as the Southend striker was always going to dive, but he doesn't, and he (Collinge) didn't get his feet either. Both the other goals were farting around in the penalty box. Southend a decent team. Onwards and forwards. We'll play worse and play better.
KierBee

Should look at 3 players at St Albans. Joy mukena, devante stanley and tafari moore. National players plain and simple.
#Beebot

KierBee wrote:Should look at 3 players at St Albans. Joy mukena, devante stanley and tafari moore. National players plain and simple.
We had Tafari Moore on trial under Peter Beadle. I liked him when he played in PSFs.
Chainsaw

JWTBee wrote: 03 Nov 2022, 14:30
Huge player! He's almost never been a player for us full stop. This is where I (and I suspect many others) completely do not understand what DB sees in DP. It reminds me of Windsor Davies' man crush on that big lump in his unit in 'It ain't half hot Mum'.
Mickbee

I love it that some supporters hang on every word managers say.
KierBee

KierBee wrote: 03 Nov 2022, 18:33 Should look at 3 players at St Albans. Joy mukena, devante stanley and tafari moore. National players plain and simple.
Mukena snapped up by crawley on a free. Stanley gone to Havant (really good player) and Tafari Moore exploring other offers. Left the club. Genuineness believe all three would've been very gettable and very astute