Dorking Wanderers (Hive) The Match Thread Dorking 9 til Hive

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
John Hunt

Re: Dorking Wanderers (Hive) The Match Thread Dorking 9 til Hive

rudebwoyben wrote: 14 Sep 2022, 09:32
John Hunt wrote: 14 Sep 2022, 09:10 The quirky Dorking commentator also thought it was a great game. Although he was cheering for his side he was very fair when Barnet did something well. Granted i only caught the last twenty minutes of the commentary.

I was left with a feeling after yesterday's result(s) football clearly resumed too early after the passing of the monarch.

The FA should decide that all games played in the period between her passing and funeral should be null and voided and replayed.
I believe that you’re alone with that feeling to be frank.
I still think it ridiculous that all football was cancelled on Saturday.
Sorry Frank.

FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
PurleyBee

Very frustrating evening, the first 10-15 minutes the result looked like it could be anything, you attack we attack, we missed two golden chances in that period. Then the tempo we started with tailed off and Dorking came into the game and scored from a dangerous cross that went all the way into the corner of the net. Surely a tactical switch was the best idea at half time instead of just making the 3 subs like for like during second half, shields forced a great save towards the end and the goal from halls free kick seemed fine but the ref had a poor game all night plus Dorking had chances to go further ahead. Hopefully we can bring in a striker and we learn the lessons from last night going forward, expecting nothing from Solihull but we need to get back to picking up points as we'll start to plummet pretty quickly if performances and results don't improve.
DerekRocholl

John Hunt wrote: 14 Sep 2022, 09:07 "The Hive and Barnet FC’s fortunes are in no way linked. Clearly zero money is invested."

Covid would have hit the non footballing revenues of The Hive dramatically and this would mean less available to subsidise playing activities if it was the intention.

As such i suspect this would have hurt our business model much more than other clubs.
That might have been the case if the Hive hadn’t been used a vaccination centre and testing centre. It certainly doesn’t appear to have affected Kleanthous’ wealth which appears to have grown significantly in the past 3-4 years.
#Beebot

Has the chairman really not spent enough? We've got enough budget for nine centre mids - not exactly short on numbers.

It's the allocation of the budget that's the problem. I think it'll be quite some time before we see Michael Phillips in a matchday squad again, if at all, and he's a summer signing!
burge019

Shhhh don't talk sense Beebot - Goes against everyone's beliefs of TK being to blame for everything and DB for nothing.

To start a season with 1 Striker is simply unforgivable. I even gave the benefit of doubt until transfer window has close for EFL but this is just ridiculous now
fordybarnet

burge019 wrote: 14 Sep 2022, 13:17 Shhhh don't talk sense Beebot - Goes against everyone's beliefs of TK being to blame for everything and DB for nothing.

To start a season with 1 Striker is simply unforgivable. I even gave the benefit of doubt until transfer window has close for EFL but this is just ridiculous now
Sad times again, don't think either of 'em could organise a 'piss-up' at the Hive at the moment, unless i was to get
married there, then i'm not so sure ! !
Spodothebee

What a miserable bunch you lot are
fordybarnet

Spodothebee wrote: 14 Sep 2022, 14:52 What a miserable bunch you lot are
Let's hope TK abdicates soon then his son can take over, we might get some new scoreboards then to see how many
we're losing by ! :D

Cheer up mate, it might never happen ! :sad:
BEEGONE

John Hunt wrote: 14 Sep 2022, 09:07 "The Hive and Barnet FC’s fortunes are in no way linked. Clearly zero money is invested."

Covid would have hit the non footballing revenues of The Hive dramatically and this would mean less available to subsidise playing activities if it was the intention.

As such i suspect this would have hurt our business model much more than other clubs.
We have been rubbish (infact dreadful) more seasons then Average at the Hive. Pre or post pandemic!

For something that was meant to attract the best players and propel the club to a higher levels it’s clearly been an abject failure.
Norfolkbee

DB has publicly stated there is money available so splash out on another striker and let's get back on track.
letchbee94

Did not deserve to lose and probably only deserved a draw but that is how football goes at times, No doubt we will win games we deserve to lose at some point in season.
northantsbee

EMC was a key figure in our first few fixtures after a full pre-season with the new signings where he appeared to have struck up some kind of relationship with Kabamba on the pitch. It'll take a few games for the new signings to bed in. The defeat against Dorking was more down to our inability to finish. Yes we need another striker, hopefully DB finds one easy to come by and soon
ETBee

After the first 15 minutes I couldn't believe that we were not 2 or 3 goals to the good but gradually Dorking came into the game by playing steady football, keeping possession, using the wings and our number of goal mouth escapes increased. It was only a matter of time that our luck would run out and it did as the seas parted and an almost gentle cross went straight into the net. Dorking's confidence increased and we became more and more disorganised.

In the second half DB panicked. Taking Sheilds off was bizarre. We increased our sole tactic of hoofing the ball up to Kambama which failed every time to produce anything and our football style dropped several leagues. DB should have taken off Kabamba, played the ball on the floor and encouraged Shields, Hall and RDH to shoot. Sadly NK can't shoot or head the ball on target but he does work hard. Until we get a new striker or two and DB rethinks we'll continue to slide.

The ref was appalling but that was not why we lost the game.

The second half was so much like the Aldershot game that I worry DB is learning nothing. I had planned to go to the Solihull game but can't bear the embarrassment.
Roy57

Just watched highlights ( what there was of it ) 3 half mins, which inc 58 secs for the mins silence for passing of the Queen. Don't know if TK was trying to save his 50p on lighting as it seemed quite dark. With so many chances we missed, two clear cut penalty appeals and a disallowed goal how was there just 150 secs of highlights. So poor. Looks like yet again supporters who could not attend are having to go to opposition site to get what we should be showing. No highlights on Dorkings club site but there previous highlights are between 8-9 mins.
Has to add the post regarding " No Tea in the Tea hut" Priceless