Solihull Moors (Away) The Blythe Spirit Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
bzzzzz

Re: Solihull Moors (Away) The Blythe Spirit Match Thread

For whatever reason he decided to move elsewhere.

As with Basey, we wanted to keep hold of them, but they chose to move on.

I know it's frustrating to let good players and staff slip through our fingers, but recruitment for this season has been better than expected.

Even if they had signed for us, if they'd have been having a successful season they'd likely jump ship.

We are still a way off having a complete jigsaw, but generally indications are that we're moving in right direction. Like everyone else, I'm eagerly awaiting the announcement of a second striker.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

11bee717

Bloomfield must’ve scarred Dean from strikers!
Bee_Forever

Yup. He was with kings lynn for a few year.Image

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

WillesdenBee

Bee_Forever wrote: 20 Sep 2022, 14:38 Yup. He was with kings lynn for a few year.Image

He played 3 seasons at kings Lynn. It wasn’t a signing on fee that he left for. Cannot blame him for leaving at all.
Bee_Forever

Ah yes sorry he did play 50 games across two seasons for the linnets.

While I don't have the inside track on all things Hive and, to be honest, I quite like it that way? I would be interested to know why Marriott actually left.

Given it was not a money issue was it that he wanted to chase promotion? Did he have family South of the river or did he and Deano not get on?

becbee

Ultimately, does it matter? We'd have liked him to have stayed, it was his decision to go, he's not coming back, we have to just move on - and hope he has 2 off days for Bromley when we play them.
adher36

becbee wrote: 21 Sep 2022, 10:04 Ultimately, does it matter? We'd have liked him to have stayed, it was his decision to go, he's not coming back, we have to just move on - and hope he has 2 off days for Bromley when we play them.
Yes, it does matter when TK and Brennan's sheer mismanagement of our playing budget lead to us stockpiling little sideways passing midfielders instead of giving our best striker from last season the contract he deserved.

For all Brennan's many positive points (and I still wouldn't swap him for any other manager in our division other than Chesterfield's Paul Cook,) he has got us into this predicament of only 1 win in 5 matches and after a very promising start to the season, the season is looking ominous.
Bee_Forever

It only matters if we don't sign a replacement.

We are the only team in the division with only one striker on the books. It is ridiculous. Image

11bee717

Idris Kanu has made it onto international duty, luckily his injury wasn’t too bad
hoofer2

adher36 wrote: 21 Sep 2022, 11:11
becbee wrote: 21 Sep 2022, 10:04 Ultimately, does it matter? We'd have liked him to have stayed, it was his decision to go, he's not coming back, we have to just move on - and hope he has 2 off days for Bromley when we play them.
Yes, it does matter when TK and Brennan's sheer mismanagement of our playing budget lead to us stockpiling little sideways passing midfielders instead of giving our best striker from last season the contract he deserved.

For all Brennan's many positive points (and I still wouldn't swap him for any other manager in our division other than Chesterfield's Paul Cook,) he has got us into this predicament of only 1 win in 5 matches and after a very promising start to the season, the season is looking ominous.
No it's not looking onimous. We have looked like getting something out of most games this season. We are not going to be in a relegation scrap. Anything else will be a bonus