D and R (Away) The Match Thread Barking Up The Wrong Bees

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

D and R (Away) The Match Thread Barking Up The Wrong Bees

So...... Saturday sees the bees head through the pearly throngs of East London to the borders of Essex and London as we take on Dagenham and Ex-Bees in the latest Bananarama league fixture.

As one cheerful soul pointed out we have only won one of our last five games but anyone who was up at Solihull Moors will tell you, we could well have had a win there had Gorman not lacked in the power and point in his penalty.

As Brennan appears to be as averse to signing a striker as I do to having a salad it looks like we will once again be heading out with just Nicke Kabamba as our attacking outlet. With Kanu out short term, Loza suffering a sprinkling of bad fortune and Daniel Anderton Powell once again on the treatment table our attacking options look thinner than John Still's hairline and much less aggressive.

Despite the departure of balloon boy Reynolds and Charleeeeeeeeeee Adams, the Dagenham team retains a familiar Barnet theme with Johnson (injured), Mauro, McCallum and the scarlet pimpernel Walker still at the club. It will be somewhat galling that the team we will be facing will have more Barnet strikers in it than we have but I remain hopeful that we will be able to get something and with our new found togetherness I don't think we will be in for a 7-3 shellacking like last season. As we have been stuck in this league with the eastenders for a number of years all of my related puns have been exhausted, so I guess the best thing here is to keep it eel.

I would like to retain some semblance of an attacking option on the bench and with this in mind I would go.

------------------------------Walker------------------------------

-----Wynter---------Collinge----------Diarra---------Okimo---

-----------------Gorman--------Phillips--------De Havilland----

----Shields----------------------------------------------Pritchard--

-----------------------------KABAMBA-------------------------------

Subs: Callan, Ravon, Smith, Hall, Flanagan (recall if possible)

I am going to do this one by train. One thing to note is that the District line is out north of Barking, which is ruff. Alternative options are a scenic tour of Barking and Dagenham by rail replacement bus or you can get the C2C to Rainham or Greater Anglia to Romford then the 103 to the ground.

Looking forward to the game and hopefully another good performance.

COYB's
Roy57

Re: D and R (Away) The Match Thread Barking Up The Wrong Bees

Absolutely stupid that supporters cannot pay on the day, I and sure others are hoping to go but timing for events means not sure until last moment if they can make it, don't see how any club cannot open one turnstile for supporters to pay on day, surely these clubs have not got so much money that they can turn away supporters on the day. Total joke.
becbee

Roy57 wrote: 22 Sep 2022, 08:54 Absolutely stupid that supporters cannot pay on the day, I and sure others are hoping to go but timing for events means not sure until last moment if they can make it, don't see how any club cannot open one turnstile for supporters to pay on day, surely these clubs have not got so much money that they can turn away supporters on the day. Total joke.
I initially thought that but then saw that tickets remain available to purchase on line until 1.30pm Saturday - i.e 90 minutes before kick off, by which time you'd know for definite whether or not you were going.
11bee717

78 sold so far. Need to up that massively
PurleyBee

Disrupted travel is a pain what's supporters plans public transport wise to D&R? Although it's better than the next 2 Saturdays with rail strikes happening.
letchbee94

Roy57 wrote: 22 Sep 2022, 08:54 Absolutely stupid that supporters cannot pay on the day, I and sure others are hoping to go but timing for events means not sure until last moment if they can make it, don't see how any club cannot open one turnstile for supporters to pay on day, surely these clubs have not got so much money that they can turn away supporters on the day. Total joke.
They said the same last season but I know for a fact that at least 1 of our supporters paid money on the day to get in.

Having said that I have purchased ticket in advanced.
Roy57

becbee wrote: 22 Sep 2022, 09:07
I initially thought that but then saw that tickets remain available to purchase on line until 1.30pm Saturday - i.e 90 minutes before kick off, by which time you'd know for definite whether or not you were going.
I understand that tickets can be purchased up to 90 mins of the game, BUT this is ok for everybody that are computer literate, but what about the older supporter who don't know about computers, have no intrest, it is totally unfair that these people are now excluded, yes they can ask a friend, family member but this is and should not be forced upon. And before anyone asks yes I do have computer and use it often. But just feel there must be the option for supporters to pay on the door, the older generation are warned about giving there bank details out but now if they want to follow there club they have no other option. If 90% are pre booking then surely one gate open for those wishing to pay on day won't be to hard for these clubs. But just my view.
becbee

Agreed but that's life in 2022 for you. Everything is aimed at buying online. Many places are now cash free and seemingly D&R don't want the hassle and expense of opening an away turnstile. Their club, their choice.
amberforever

Can’t we go back to the Stan Flashman school of economics? ;-))
john dockers shorts

Can't get to this, instead I'm off to the Valley to watch YouTube v Sidesmen game. Sell out. My 12yr old can't wait. If you know you know
11bee717

160 tickets sold so far, pretty poor to be honest
DSM

Can those in the know confirm the VSL rumour about us is trash, sure it is!
Mikel Bee

DSM wrote: 23 Sep 2022, 19:50 Can those in the know confirm the VSL rumour about us is trash, sure it is!
Yes, it's nonsense.
rudebwoyben

DSM wrote: 23 Sep 2022, 19:50 Can those in the know confirm the VSL rumour about us is trash, sure it is!
What is this?
BeesKnees99

john dockers shorts wrote:Can't get to this, instead I'm off to the Valley to watch YouTube v Sidesmen game. Sell out. My 12yr old can't wait. If you know you know
You have failed as a parent