D and R (Away) The Match Thread Barking Up The Wrong Bees

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
11bee717

Re: D and R (Away) The Match Thread Barking Up The Wrong Bees

Very weird game, despite the goals I felt Okimo and Diarra had by far their best performances so far
PBBee

PurleyBee wrote:
becbee wrote: 24 Sep 2022, 20:09
king45bee wrote: 24 Sep 2022, 19:34 I don't understand still why we always have all 11 back for corners etc - smacks of being a defensive side but as we know we aren't - why don't we have an outlet it isn't as though having 11 back does us any good

Sent from my moto g 5G plus using Tapatalk
I think Shields and Kabamba defended better today than some of our actual defenders.
Not according to DB who slated shields for his defensive performance in his post match comments, possibly a reason he keeps taking him off in matches.
Utterly baffling, but criticises Ryan far more - keeping him on for 2 games in 3 has cost us now.
Ryan is quality at times but vs Dorking & Dagenham he should have come off by 60 mins.
PBBee

king45bee wrote:I don't understand still why we always have all 11 back for corners etc - smacks of being a defensive side but as we know we aren't - why don't we have an outlet it isn't as though having 11 back does us any good

Sent from my moto g 5G plus using Tapatalk
On the other hand for our corners we were exposed so much - Ryan was left back on his own every time today & they scored once & nearly scored 2 other times
WillesdenBee

Vlog from today's game. Entertaining to say the least...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEXaeNypsLs
dawat

Guys I'm sorry to spoil the joy fest over a very entertaining game in which 9 goals were scored! Had it been a Sunday league game I may have thought the same way, but it wasn't a Sunday league game was it?
To score 4 goals and lose a game isn't acceptable to me. To be 2 goals up and lose a game isn't acceptable to me. To go 2-3 up after conceding 2 goals and lose a game isn't acceptable to me. To get back to 4-4 near the end of a game and lose 5-4 isn't acceptable to me!
Are we a professional football team or a bunch of guys having a kick about in the local park?
PBBee

Things looked so good at 2-0, we started on fire & deserved that lead. Sean to Nicke & favour returned minutes later.

Let’s ignore the rest of the game
barnetpete

We’re creating and scoring goals - that’s a HUGE plus on last season

We’re conceding too many, but that’s not new, last two years have been two of the worst in clubs history.

Mentally the last two years will still have its scars hence the current inability to hold onto /close out games

Get one issue right and retain the other and we’ll end up winning more than are lost and end up being the mid-table side that we are.

A few wins against poor opponents first few games got some over excited. It’s a mid table squad. Be thankful it’s not another season of complete dross like the last few.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
Bee_Forever

Our defence were getting pulled all over the place and midfield having to drop in. It was an utterly chaotic defensive display.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

becbee

dawat wrote: 25 Sep 2022, 08:28 Guys I'm sorry to spoil the joy fest over a very entertaining game in which 9 goals were scored! Had it been a Sunday league game I may have thought the same way, but it wasn't a Sunday league game was it?
To score 4 goals and lose a game isn't acceptable to me. To be 2 goals up and lose a game isn't acceptable to me. To go 2-3 up after conceding 2 goals and lose a game isn't acceptable to me. To get back to 4-4 near the end of a game and lose 5-4 isn't acceptable to me!
Are we a professional football team or a bunch of guys having a kick about in the local park?
Where you there? I am gutted about the result but there were two teams out there who were playing in just the same way. It was just that sort of a match, there were always more goals in it. The result was always in the balance. Unfortunately for the losers, teams do score winning goals in injury time, if they didn't there'd be no point in having it.

TBH I just wish we were playing on Tuesday so I could put that match behind me quicker.

But what yesterday did show though was that for all that fans want a new centre forward, it's the defence that needs strengthening.
DSM

Having supported Barnet for 34 years yesterdays defeat is the first in ages where the emotion lingers beyond 6pm on a Saturday. This in part shows me that the hope which has been absent in recent years is back.

Last minute goal, brilliant attacking display, dropping a lead, being against the daggers and Walker behaving like a petulant school kid….bring on York need to put this to bed.
dawat

Yes I was there yesterday among the home supporters with local friends of mine. The entertainment was good, the improvement over the last two seasons undeniable and the increased scoring chances laudable. That said I stand by my previous comments. Just how many goals are we expected to score in order to secure one point let alone three? How many goals conceded in a match before the penny drops that we are not defending correctly?
Of course goals are scored in extra time, but I didn't know that they were obligatory or that it was expected that Barnet should be the team to be the one to concede more often than not when it happens. As for any previous seasons 'hangovers', I do not buy that one. Most of the players are different so are not tainted with that expectation are they?
So miserable so and so that I am, I simply do not expect my team to ship 5 goals, especially when they were 2 up early in the game. The fact that both teams were capable of shipping goals up to the last minute is an irrelevance in my opinion as I am only concerned with Barnet. If D&R are happy to let in 4 goals in a game then good on them, let's see how their season turns out! Personally I am more concerned that being 2-0 up, then 3-2 up and ultimately scoring 4 goals but still being unable to win a match or even getting a single point from it! Still as long as everyone enjoyed themselves!
Roy57

WillesdenBee wrote: 25 Sep 2022, 07:26 Vlog from today's game. Entertaining to say the least...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEXaeNypsLs
Great vlog as always, your feelings of how we came away without three points let alone none. Think most supporters who were there yesterday could not understand why Dean took off Shields. Dean said in post match interview he was not happy with the defending part of his game. Well if that's his view he could of taken off at least another 7 players. When after going ahead are we going to manage the game we find ourselves in. It was like watching under 15 match were all the players all go up to score another goal forgetting all other aspects of the game. That's not down to Shields Dean that's on you.
Glad to see your Nan back beside you. Onwards and upwards. COYBs
hoofer2

In spite of recent scorelines we are do much better than last year and could have got something out of most games that had been drawn or lost. We have been competitive in all games I have seen so far.

We have players who are fully committed and team are good to watch. i'd prefer to feel disappointed to miss out on a draw / win by a single goal than the 4 goals+ margins of previous seasons.

I see no reason still why we can't be in the mix to get a play-off spot at end of the season
moortownbee

becbee wrote: 25 Sep 2022, 09:32
dawat wrote: 25 Sep 2022, 08:28 Guys I'm sorry to spoil the joy fest over a very entertaining game in which 9 goals were scored! Had it been a Sunday league game I may have thought the same way, but it wasn't a Sunday league game was it?
Where you there? I am gutted about the result but there were two teams out there who were playing in just the same way. It was just that sort of a match, there were always more goals in it. The result was always in the balance. Unfortunately for the losers, teams do score winning goals in injury time, if they didn't there'd be no point in having it.

TBH I just wish we were playing on Tuesday so I could put that match behind me quicker.

But what yesterday did show though was that for all that fans want a new centre forward, it's the defence that needs strengthening.
Not sure you can pin the blame on the defence yesterday.
Thought the midfield was weak yesterday.
Moving Pritchard out wide really did weaken the centre of midfield.

Suicidal tactics leaving one on one at corners against Josh Walker.

Thought Walke was at fault for two goals (harsh as he's been outstanding).

Smith made huge difference when he came on.
Sat in front of back four. Did everything simple. Didn't see him misplace a pass.
letchbee94

Yeah agree Walker has been very good for us so far but thought he could have done better with their 5th.
At times especially in second half we gave them to much time and space especially in final 3rd of pitch. I thought that was something we was going to improve on?
No wins in September let us hope we make up for it in October.