York (Hive) The Match Thread Forming a Shield Wall

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
tomatob

Re: York (Hive) The Match Thread Forming a Shield Wall

Got to the Legends bar to watch the second half of Arsenal-Spurs. Ten minutes into the second half and all the screens are black. The guy’s stood there with a remote trying to work out how to turn the TV’s on. Set the tone for the rest of the day.

Same mistakes on the pitch. Medical staff were late. Kick off delayed. Music still playing playing over the speakers two minutes into the second half. London Calling blaring out with a football game going on in the background. Can’t tell how long left in the game to go because scoreboards still not working. Club’s social media still not up to the same quality of other Conference and League 2 clubs.

Doesn’t matter who the manager or players are. This club’s not going anywhere because it’s just sleepwalking through life. Tinpot club with a tinpot attitude
Last edited by tomatob on 01 Oct 2022, 17:36, edited 1 time in total.
jlay72

tomatob wrote: 01 Oct 2022, 17:19 Got to the Legends bar to watch the second half of Arsenal-Spurs. Ten minutes into the second half and all the screens are black. The guy’s stood there with a remote trying to work out how to turn the TV’s on. Set the tone for the rest of the day.

Same mistakes on the pitch. Medical staff were late. Kick off delayed. Music still playing playing over the speakers two minutes into the second half. London Calling blaring out with a football game going on in the background. Can’t tell how long left in the game to go
because scoreboards still not working.

Doesn’t matter who the manager or players are. This club’s not going anywhere because it’s just sleepwalking through life. Tinpot club with a tinpot attitude
And don’t forget the PA system. Something out of Phoenix Nights……
WhetstoneBee

Just listened to DB’s post-match interview. Pathetic, I’m afraid. Picking a fight with our own media guy for asking perfectly reasonable questions that DB responded to rudely and aggressively. Talking about York as if they were Barcelona and claiming they were “excellent from start to finish” when actually they were bang average and we gifted them an easy win. No admission at all that we were woeful and not an ounce of taking responsibility himself. He came across as a sulky child. He talks about “sticking together” and yet he was the only member of the squad and back room staff who disappeared straight down the tunnel. I hope none of our players watch that interview because if my boss behaved like that I wouldn’t want to work for them.
North Finchley Bee

peterstebbings wrote: 01 Oct 2022, 16:36 Just don’t know where we go from here.

There’s so much to like about Dean:
- His recruitment has generally been good
- He seems to appreciate how tough it’s been for fans in recent years
- He’s tried to foster relations between the players and fans
- He speaks well. Frankly, seems a decent bloke
- this club is desperate, desperate for stability

But
- I don’t think he knows how to set a team up to defend properly
- I think he’s got a problem recruiting strikers
- He’s too eager to throw the players under the bus when things go wrong.

He deserves more time, but this group of players should be better than this.
Agree with all of this but in being honest, perhaps too honest, that needs to extend to his choices alongside the lack of effort by his players. That four doesn't cut it at all. They must know that and that is where team dissent will start. Diarra was okay, but Collinge and Wynter were shocking today. With Okimo and Smith what concerns me is given their age and clear lack of mobility, why are they playing most games and not undertaking the part player/part coaching role I assume they were hired for - we probably need a five across the back if they play because Okimo's legs are gone and Smith provides no cover and his passing isn't good enough. They should be used sparingly and not every game. De Havilland was dodging 50-50s - Gorman was okay and Shields and Kabamaba put a shift in, but Kabamaba had zero service. However in criticising Brennan, we are assuming Woods (assuming he counts in both mid and defence), Thomas, Beard and Revan are all available to play - were they? And that is part of the issue - we don't have a massive amount of options, and then there is a judgement call as to whether those on the bench are better. Possibly in a five yes.

Dean, we want you to do well, but help yourself out here, and be open to other ideas.
king45bee

After that interview he can do one - abject rubbish with no ideas. Don't want to loose him but wow that interview says alot - takes no responsibility and puts it on players - pathetic. But want to be proved wrong Tuesday.

Sent from my moto g 5G plus using Tapatalk

rudebwoyben

You can add Armstrong to that list. What’s going on with him? At least he’s some pace in central midfield.
11bee717

rudebwoyben wrote: 01 Oct 2022, 18:04 You can add Armstrong to that list. What’s going on with him? At least he’s some pace in central midfield.
Armstrong is completely fine, was watching the NLD with us for about 20 mins. Sam woods has a light cast on his right wrist/hand but doesn’t look too major. No sign of Dom revan today, don’t think he was at the game.
john dockers shorts

What utterly odd non performance today.

Slug in midfield Smith, I thought DB plays with pacey fast players!!! Is there no other option. The guy is dreadful.

Okimo omg....he was half asleep all game

These I thought were his mates that we would see if we were down to bare bones....are we?

De Havilland needs dropping to bench....anonymous most games

The sending off was ridiculous....he farted around with ball...tried to be clever got bounced and panicked chased him back pulled him over.

DB needs to pull a rabbit out the hat Tuesday

Interview bit odd I thought.
becbee

Before today I've always been pro Brennan. But not after today. If he has any conscience he should resign.

After our great August we collapsed in September - but the results were close, I felt we were unlucky to only pick up 1 point. I was gutted after Dag & Red. But today was something else.

Collinge was unlucky to pick up a second yellow - but his first yellow could have been a red. So maybe luck was with him?

Why was it that the only time that Diarra showed any speed was when the substitution board went up. He certainly moved quickly then!

Why after subbing Shields every match around 70 minutes was he left on all match today? He was maybe our best player first half but as the second half progressed, there was nothing he could contribute. Might as well have saved him for Tuesday and given someone short of match time a run out.

Why had nobody told our players that just booting the ball aimlessly contributes nothing and gives the likelihood of surrendering possession?

Roarie Deacon has just been sent off for Maidstone. Never mind Maidstone, I'm sure his replacement will be good enough on Tuesday.

York were an acceptable mid table team who tried to play football but they weren't anything special. They must have though Christmas had come early today. If we play at Wrexham like we did today I dread to think how many they'll put past us.
BeesKnees99

I’m sorry but that post-match interview is fucking pathetic. Getting angry with our media officer because he was asked about his completely ineffectual team talk. Over-praising the opposition to deflect your own woeful inadequacies. Sad, desperate stuff.
nicesirmick1

Blimey, if Brennan is like that with an interviewer what would he be like at a fan’s question and answer event?!
Roy57

I mentioned before season started that I was not in favour of how he praises the opposition even before the game, Darren Currie often stated let's not worry about how they can hurt us but look at how we can hurt them. Him praising there striker Lewis, yes he is a good player but like Walker last week if you give them aches of space they will punish you. That's us not setting up right or defenders not doing there job more than Lewis being exceptional. 10 goals conceded in two games and both against teams that won't be in play offs, surely working on defending for a full time squad is not hard to ask for, but there has been know signs of defending improving. And this is down to coaching not players, as I said Simon Bassey in his short time with us proved he had coaching ability and knew how to get the best out of players he was working with, can the same be said about DB ? Let alone player recruiting, slow defenders coming to end of there career, only having one striker at the club.
letchbee94

Apart from the start middle and end we did ok today.

All round utter garbage today.
York deserved the win but we made it to easy for them, so much time and space we gave them.
Beeboardwarrior

Deano's starting to remind me of someone...minging interview!!
jlay72

Just saw DB’s interview and his conduct representing Barnet was pretty disgusting. I feel so sorry for the interviewer just doing his job. Fair play to him standing up to a bully who takes no accountability whatsoever. Sign of a poor leader in any line of business. So angry about this. DB should apologise.