Barnet FC matchday experience

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Berlinbee

Barnet FC matchday experience

Hi all,

I'm a UX (User Experience) designer with an interest in Service Design. Being a Barnet supporter, I decided I would conduct some research on the matchday fan experience at The Hive for Barnet supporters. It would be great if you could answer a few questions in the survey below. It shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes or so.

I hope to present some ideas/solutions to the chairman in the near future and I have been in contact with the Supporters Association about it. I would really appreciate your insights and opinions! Please feel free to ask me any questions.

Here is the link to the survey:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1JU1xiT ... Q4Dbk/edit

Thank you
John Hunt

Re: Barnet FC matchday experience

Good luck with your research.

Just out of interest. Does anybody know what the reaction of the club was to the Footy Scran picture of the hotdog and cheese combo.

I wouldn't put it past the club to offer that as food.

However i also wouldn't put it past someone to mock up an image to go viral.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
alexbach

I dislike hot dogs so would not have purchased the meal. The picture is on several sites
Roy57

Talking about match day experience, I know supporters are not over happy at cost of admission to the Hive, but away supporters are in a excellent stand, good views, covered and seated. but just read that if buying ticket for Bromley match the day of the game, they are charging £22 for uncovered terrace. Doesn't make our cost seem so bad, not saying that £22 to watch a national league match is right, but being charged the same fee to watch your club in a uncovered terrace makes what TK is charging seem not so bad.
becbee

Roy57 wrote: 20 Oct 2022, 11:30 Talking about match day experience, I know supporters are not over happy at cost of admission to the Hive, but away supporters are in a excellent stand, good views, covered and seated. but just read that if buying ticket for Bromley match the day of the game, they are charging £22 for uncovered terrace. Doesn't make our cost seem so bad, not saying that £22 to watch a national league match is right, but being charged the same fee to watch your club in a uncovered terrace makes what TK is charging seem not so bad.
Bromley away is probably the worst away matchday experience in NL. Uncovered terrace, no seating - but, providing it doesn't rain, my biggest gripe is with the unhygienic and unsafe feeling Ladies toilet.
tolbinc

John Hunt wrote: 20 Oct 2022, 09:55 Good luck with your research.

Just out of interest. Does anybody know what the reaction of the club was to the Footy Scran picture of the hotdog and cheese combo.

I wouldn't put it past the club to offer that as food.

However i also wouldn't put it past someone to mock up an image to go viral.
I can confirm that was not a mock up!
DerekRocholl

becbee wrote: 20 Oct 2022, 12:18
Roy57 wrote: 20 Oct 2022, 11:30 Talking about match day experience, I know supporters are not over happy at cost of admission to the Hive, but away supporters are in a excellent stand, good views, covered and seated. but just read that if buying ticket for Bromley match the day of the game, they are charging £22 for uncovered terrace. Doesn't make our cost seem so bad, not saying that £22 to watch a national league match is right, but being charged the same fee to watch your club in a uncovered terrace makes what TK is charging seem not so bad.
Bromley away is probably the worst away matchday experience in NL. Uncovered terrace, no seating - but, providing it doesn't rain, my biggest gripe is with the unhygienic and unsafe feeling Ladies toilet.
Worse than Wealdstone ?
BGr

DerekRocholl wrote: 20 Oct 2022, 15:08
becbee wrote: 20 Oct 2022, 12:18
Worse than Wealdstone ?

At least Wealdstone is covered and a good atmosphere can be generated. From memory it’s considerably cheaper too.
Berlinbee

Thanks to all those who have done the survey. 24 so far which is great.The more input, the more we have to play with!

Someone suggested a few weeks ago on here of having a 'highlights montage' of goals and games through the years on some of the screens in The Hive bar and in Legends. I thought this was a really nice idea that many supporters would enjoy seeing before KO and would be a nice talking point.

Any other suggestions like this, please write here in the comments or in the survey. Thanks!

Also, are there any other UX designers among us?
Chainsaw

I've tried not to get drawn into this 'match day experience' thing but it was very evident at the Weston-super-Mare fixture with the low attendance how grim the 'Legend's Bar' is. It's not even worthy of the name 'bar' as it's simply a neglected, unloved space. Furthermore the eating and drinking facilities are more crucial at The Hive as there are no other possibilities within walking distance. If you want a beer, cup of tea or a Mars bar you literally have no alternative but to use BFC's outlets. It's not just a question of financial investment. I went to FC United a few seasons back and that has a home made, DIY feel to it but their bar had a enticing range of beers, posters and banners on the walls, and a folk singer providing entertainment. It was homely and inviting.
The raw truth of course is this subject would be largely ignored on here if we were top of the league but as we slide towards another lower half finish our annoyance spills over into other areas.
John Hunt

Can we share the link on Facebook and Twitter?
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
Berlinbee

John Hunt wrote: 21 Oct 2022, 08:07 Can we share the link on Facebook and Twitter?
Absolutely, please do.
barnet_pls

Berlinbee wrote: 20 Oct 2022, 15:36 Thanks to all those who have done the survey. 24 so far which is great.The more input, the more we have to play with!

Someone suggested a few weeks ago on here of having a 'highlights montage' of goals and games through the years on some of the screens in The Hive bar and in Legends. I thought this was a really nice idea that many supporters would enjoy seeing before KO and would be a nice talking point.

Yes, always thought this is a great idea & to run it on the scoreboard screens aswell before kickoff (when they work). Maybe past great matches (there are very few l know !) on the TV's .

Any other suggestions like this, please write here in the comments or in the survey. Thanks!

Also, are there any other UX designers among us?
Berlinbee

If those who have already completed the survey wouldn't mind going back to the final 2 questions. I've added a satisfaction scale from 'very unsatisfied-----very satisfied' as well as a space for comments and suggestions.
It would really help inform the ideation and solution stage if more of these were filled out. Have had a really impressive amount of responses so far with lots of observations and good ideas!
Thank you.

Marco
ETBee

If such a survey were deemed useful shouldn't it be managed by the supporters association not by an individual, no matter how qualified and well meaning they may be? I thought that we were moving towards the association as the main link between fans and the club to keep the priorities and messages clear.