Coaches to Accrington

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
AidanGRH

Re: Coaches to Accrington

I've donated towards the cost even though I'm out of the country. I appreciate the work done and that it gives people a really cost effective way to get to the game.

That said, this should not be seen as a referendum on coach travel. Short notice and a complete lack of a coach offering in the last few years are perfectly good reasons not to take up this great offering.

The club decided to break a perfectly good service that was offered by the old SA. It will take some time to build up that trust that a coach is a reliable option.

A one off subsidy isn't enough to show the club are committed to this. It needs a proper consultation and then a proper commitment. One person having to put themselves at risk to cover the cost of cost isn't right.
I want to be good, is that not enough.
MCB

There are multiple people on twitter who have now paid for a place on the coach despite being unable to attend to ensure it's able to go.

Serious kudos to everyone of them doing everything they can to get the numbers over the line and to give the BFCSA the help & support it needed.
WillesdenBee

As stated above, we are now stopping at Barnet Odeon at around 8:30 (TBC). I am 100% sure the club will use this a litmus test for any future coach endeavours. This has been like a full time job over the last week or so for us in the Assocation, it really is disappointing. The coach will 99% run thanks to the donations, but it really is demoralising to see our effort to include as many people as possible go to waste.
john dockers shorts

Beee123 wrote: 23 Nov 2022, 20:03 Nothing short of embarrassing now Barnet fans, ruins it for those who were booked on the coach and now cant sort away transport.
You sound like a right prick!
Lord Bee

WillesdenBee wrote: 23 Nov 2022, 21:56 As stated above, we are now stopping at Barnet Odeon at around 8:30 (TBC). I am 100% sure the club will use this a litmus test for any future coach endeavours. This has been like a full time job over the last week or so for us in the Assocation, it really is disappointing. The coach will 99% run thanks to the donations, but it really is demoralising to see our effort to include as many people as possible go to waste.
You’ve done incredibly well to get this up and running in such a short time so well done to you all.
John Hunt

john dockers shorts wrote: 23 Nov 2022, 22:00
Beee123 wrote: 23 Nov 2022, 20:03 Nothing short of embarrassing now Barnet fans, ruins it for those who were booked on the coach and now cant sort away transport.
S/He's upset that it might ruin their plans if those who agreed to go are now not going. Doesn't make that person a prick...
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
djhdjh

Roy57 wrote: 23 Nov 2022, 19:36 At least now this has answered people's questions as to why TK hasn't done more to organise things for supporters such as coach travel to away games, after a member of the supporters association has pledged his own money as deposit for these coaches it's such a shane. But hopefully now some questions as to why doesn't TK do more will stop. As this is why. We had 1800 supporters at the Hive against Torquay, yet we cannot get 100 to attend a FA cup match were if we was to win there is a chance we could draw a big club in the next round.
Let's not compare ordinary fans with I presume ordinary jobs to the owner of the club who appears on the Sunday Times Rich List. He could fund this for several seasons and literally not notice. If he doesn't want to, fair enough, but he's not some put upon victim.
HertsBee

WillesdenBee wrote: 23 Nov 2022, 21:56 As stated above, we are now stopping at Barnet Odeon at around 8:30 (TBC). I am 100% sure the club will use this a litmus test for any future coach endeavours. This has been like a full time job over the last week or so for us in the Assocation, it really is disappointing. The coach will 99% run thanks to the donations, but it really is demoralising to see our effort to include as many people as possible go to waste.
Why should it be a litmus test for the club? It's the SA that represents the Supporters not TK. Granted he may well of contributed to the cost, but probably originally stipulated that it must go from the Hive. Long term, the SA needs to take control of coach organisation like before.
thebeekeeper

djhdjh wrote: 23 Nov 2022, 22:23
Roy57 wrote: 23 Nov 2022, 19:36 At least now this has answered people's questions as to why TK hasn't done more to organise things for supporters such as coach travel to away games, after a member of the supporters association has pledged his own money as deposit for these coaches it's such a shane. But hopefully now some questions as to why doesn't TK do more will stop. As this is why. We had 1800 supporters at the Hive against Torquay, yet we cannot get 100 to attend a FA cup match were if we was to win there is a chance we could draw a big club in the next round.
Let's not compare ordinary fans with I presume ordinary jobs to the owner of the club who appears on the Sunday Times Rich List. He could fund this for several seasons and literally not notice. If he doesn't want to, fair enough, but he's not some put upon victim.
It's also worth noting that coach travel appeared to run perfectly smoothly when organised by the original Supporters' Association, until TK took it 'in house' - before ultimately scrapping the service.

I feel sorry for the current SA after putting in so much effort to get this up and running, but one match - against unglamorous opposition, a long distance away, at short notice - shouldn't be seen as a barometer for broader interest.

A consistent, well run service is what's needed to rejuvenate a culture of coach travel among supporters, in my opinion.
Sam_BFC

john dockers shorts wrote: 23 Nov 2022, 22:00
That would probably be against the rules if we had a formal set of them here (I don't think we want that).
Please be mindful of how you talk even in jest.
Hopefully Beee123 doesn't mind.
Northampton Bee

I like to praise the SA for all the hard work they have done over this. It was very short notice, due to the replay , but 2 coaches were arranged very quickly. From what I read there was a lot of people saying they would be going, but now cant.... If we had lost against Chelmsford we would be away to Notts County, so there would still been travelling involved if people had put that day aside... after the draw was made i know id be going to either Accrington or Notts.... This has the potential of being one of our biggest games this season, but I get the feeling that there is apathy over the distance, opposition , shirt notice....There is a lot of comment over coaches leaving the Hive , love it or hate it, that is now our home. Having attended a lot of work events at Bolton Wanderers stadium , thats nearly 6 miles from the town centre.... but im sure coaches leave from there for their away games.. its what happens when teams move.... anyway, fair play for adding an Odeon pick up....maybe next time travellers could all give their addresses and be picked up from their front door. Having said this , I wont be using the coach, as Im 60 miles up the M1 from Barnet, so will be driving myself, but I really would like to see it a success and maybe encourage a new wave of suporters to travel to away games
Ajtheone04

Have the SA considered the integrity of the survey being compromised? Either by bots or maybe rival fans? Surely there can't have been so much support in the survey that everyone felt it warranted booking 2 coaches and now we are barely being able to run 1
John Hunt

Ajtheone04 wrote: 24 Nov 2022, 07:53 Have the SA considered the integrity of the survey being compromised? Either by bots or maybe rival fans? Surely there can't have been so much support in the survey that everyone felt it warranted booking 2 coaches and now we are barely being able to run 1
It was a survey of BFCSA members so integrity must be intact. A long conspiracy theory to suggest that bots may have compromised it I reckon but I am still a product of the dark ages!
John Hunt

Anyone know anyone travelling by car from Barnet not on here who may be encouraged to let the coach take the strain with the extra pick up?
MCB

There will be no issue with the integrity, the poll went to members. I completely get wanting anything positive after the last couple of years so wanting to say yes but then the result is a coach journey to Accrington which being blunt, no-one really wants.

I voted no clearly understanding the consequences, but am ten million percent behind this (being 6ft6 a coach journey to Accrington is my idea of hell, I tend to do away trips by train and make a day/weekend of it). Away coaches were the single biggest main request we heard when I was on the committee. It's unfortunate that it happened due to train strikes and relatively last minute, but here we are, BFCSA delivering what was requested.