Southall (Hive) The Champions of Middlesex Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Southall (Hive) The Champions of Middlesex Match Thread

So..... Tuesday sees the bees begin their glorious and noteworthy defence of the Middlesex Senior Cup against Southall at the Dive.

After beating the fake bees B team at Hampton and Richmond Barnet will be hopeful of a strong start in this competition and further silverware.

Southall are one of the oldest football clubs around having been formed in 1871 and they currentlhy play their football in Stanwell, although their owners are hopeful of bringing them home so long as Ealing Council play ball. Ealing is also the home of Ealing Comedies a famous brand of British Cinema from the mid 20th century. While doubtless there will be a hue and cry if we don't put out a strong team, I think this is one season we have to accept we don't have the squad to defend our MSC Trophy and with the magnet of the playoffs I think Southall will be telling us they will give us a run for your money.

Team wise I guess it is reserves and youth. I have no idea what our youth team is like so have amended my suggested XI accordingly

-------------------------------------Azaze----------------------------------------

----------------Collinge------------Diarra------------Woods--------------------

---Emery--------------Smith----------------Hall--------------Flanagan----------

----------------Percy--------------Powell------------Shields----------------------

Subs: Whoever

I am missing this one. Hoping they manage to find a way to open a turnstile.

COYBs
#Beebot

Re: Southall (Hive) The Champions of Middlesex Match Thread

I'm hoping Collinge doesn't start here, far too important for a game like this.
Bee_Forever

I tend to agree but centre backs tend to require less rest so this was the only place I put a first teamer in

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

becbee

I'm sure the youth team can come up with a centre back who could play, allowing Collinge a well deserved rest.
tonbridgebee

Might find Jordan Thomas and Michael Phillips getting a run out.
rudebwoyben

Has Jordan Thomas been injured recently?
becbee

It would be good to get an update on Thomas, Revan, Phillips, Granville, Powell. I suppose partial answer will be which of them play tomorrow evening.
Also, is Callan still with us?
foxy

Even more so as DBs priority over the summer was to resolve the Kabba Room

I'm guessing 1 or 2 are simply dud signings/stealing a living but an update based on this summers priority would be good!!
Tuesds

becbee wrote: 21 Nov 2022, 15:54 It would be good to get an update on Thomas, Revan, Phillips, Granville, Powell. I suppose partial answer will be which of them play tomorrow evening.
Granville has been on loan with Beaconsfield Town for some time now. I don’t think we ever announced it at all, but as I say he’s been there a while and played in their FA Trophy tie on Saturday (so is cup-tied if he returns while we’re still in it, of course). In fact, if you relied on Barnet FC communications to follow our own players’ whereabouts you would ‘know’ that Granville was still at Bedford Town, to where we announced he went on loan back in August and haven’t mentioned his return nor subsequent loan to Beaconsfield.

Come to think of it, didn’t we announce a long-term loan for Azaze to Beaconsfield earlier in the season? Obviously that either fell through or was cancelled early without any announcement, because he’s now on the bench for us.

Brennan did mention in a recent interview that Thomas was injured. Might have been a couple of weeks ago now, so whether that’s still the case I don’t know. He’s the only one of the above-listed players whom I noticed in the post-match huddle on Saturday. That’s not to say that others weren’t, I just happened to notice Thomas.
rudebwoyben

Could this be a contender for our lowest ever attendance?
Ajtheone04

Tuesds wrote: 21 Nov 2022, 16:41
becbee wrote: 21 Nov 2022, 15:54 It would be good to get an update on Thomas, Revan, Phillips, Granville, Powell. I suppose partial answer will be which of them play tomorrow evening.
Granville has been on loan with Beaconsfield Town for some time now. I don’t think we ever announced it at all, but as I say he’s been there a while and played in their FA Trophy tie on Saturday (so is cup-tied if he returns while we’re still in it, of course). In fact, if you relied on Barnet FC communications to follow our own players’ whereabouts you would ‘know’ that Granville was still at Bedford Town, to where we announced he went on loan back in August and haven’t mentioned his return nor subsequent loan to Beaconsfield.

Come to think of it, didn’t we announce a long-term loan for Azaze to Beaconsfield earlier in the season? Obviously that either fell through or was cancelled early without any announcement, because he’s now on the bench for us.

Brennan did mention in a recent interview that Thomas was injured. Might have been a couple of weeks ago now, so whether that’s still the case I don’t know. He’s the only one of the above-listed players whom I noticed in the post-match huddle on Saturday. That’s not to say that others weren’t, I just happened to notice Thomas.
I believe Callan picked up an injury which led to us recalling Azaze from his loan so he could be the back up
Tuesds

Ajtheone04 wrote: 21 Nov 2022, 21:20
Tuesds wrote: 21 Nov 2022, 16:41

I believe Callan picked up an injury which led to us recalling Azaze from his loan so he could be the back up
Ah, thanks.
Bee_Forever

Azaze lpan at Beaconsfield was also not working out.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

becbee

Azaze has today joined Bedford Town on a month's loan, so presumably Callan will play tonight / is fit to sit on the bench.
#Beebot

I would expect Jeremiah Frimpong to start up top today. He has 7 goals in 7 games for the youth team.