Southall (Hive) The Champions of Middlesex Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
becbee

Re: Southall (Hive) The Champions of Middlesex Match Thread

It can't count as a genuine first team match when Sam Woods was able to play yesterday when he's currently serving a 3 match suspension.

I had no interest in yesterday's match apart from being glad that we didn't risk our first choice players in it.
pletch99

Did anyone actually go to the game?

Who played up front?

How did our new signing do?

Anyone stand out.

I went to a couple of the games last year and enjoyed them so I am dissappointed we are out. Would have attended on the original date, but couldn't make last night.
thebeekeeper

pletch99 wrote: 23 Nov 2022, 18:30 Did anyone actually go to the game?

Who played up front?

How did our new signing do?

Anyone stand out.

I went to a couple of the games last year and enjoyed them so I am dissappointed we are out. Would have attended on the original date, but couldn't make last night.
It was a very poor performance really - though better in the second half, after a pretty abject first 45mins.

Lots of passing with no real end product in the latter stages. It was a worrying premonition of what will happen if Kabamba gets injured - the team were desperately lacking a focal point up front with no natural striker.

I'm not sure anyone particularly stood out, but Diarra, Annesley and Smith broadly looked solid in the defensive positions.

Armstrong, Shields and Hall at least tried to make something happen in the second half. I didn't think Flanagan played particularly well, and Thomas went off early injured.
letchbee94

Lack of strikers at the club was telling last night.
Hall was 1 of players up front.
Unfortunate OG to lose by.
Norfolkbee

Strange really that last season we were all up for the Middlesex Senior Cup, but this year it has past with scarcely a whimper.
tonbridgebee

Norfolkbee wrote: 23 Nov 2022, 20:55 Strange really that last season we were all up for the Middlesex Senior Cup, but this year it has past with scarcely a whimper.
Nothing else to shout about last year, just a little different twelve months later!
Norfolkbee

tonbridgebee wrote: 24 Nov 2022, 17:38
Norfolkbee wrote: 23 Nov 2022, 20:55 Strange really that last season we were all up for the Middlesex Senior Cup, but this year it has past with scarcely a whimper.
Nothing else to shout about last year, just a little different twelve months later!
Still a bit of silverware there for the winning, but presumably the decision to just pay lip service was made due to the relative thinness of the squad and fear of tiredness and injury.
tonbridgebee

Norfolkbee wrote: 25 Nov 2022, 10:33
tonbridgebee wrote: 24 Nov 2022, 17:38
Still a bit of silverware there for the winning, but presumably the decision to just pay lip service was made due to the relative thinness of the squad and fear of tiredness and injury.
Just not the same relevance to County Cups these days across the country. Totally agree with you about winning silverware, certainly don't have enough bodies to give it a proper go.