Accrington (Wham) The Wake Me Up Before You Go Go Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
11bee717

Re: Accrington (Wham) The Wake Me Up Before You Go Go Thread

Been a decent run, held our own vs L1 opposition, big achievement. Focus on the league now, and get us a striker TK!
ninestein

Just hope we haven't missed out on a big tie there.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Roy57

Massive well done to the 202 who travelled all the way up to Lancashire, long journey and long day. Well done to you all.
BeesKnees99

On a positive note, Southend lost to Aldershot today. If we beat the 85%ers we could leapfrog them into 5th place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WillesdenBee

No disgrace in that. Better team for the majority of it. Conditions worsened as the game went on, in their favour. Ref was awful, their goal should’ve been disallowed. Their player punched the ball to keep the ball alive after Walker made a good save. Didn’t really have enough in the final third but we held our own against a team 2 leagues above. Annoying, but no harm in losing that. Massive game next week
amberforever

Apparently our boss is Dean Barnett according to the BBC. 😆
Roy57

In Dean's post match interview he once again mentioned the need for a quality striker to assist Nicki. Still baffled as to why we have not signed one after more than four months, cannot be money as we have just brought in Annesley, so not sure of the reason why a striker has not been brought in, is it that Dean is struggling to find the right one he wants, at obviously the right wage structure. But this is without doubt hindering us and we are either losing or drawing games we could be winning.
b4life

Don't worry, i have it on good authority that we're going to sign Feliz Navidad around Christmas time.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
becbee

Pre kick off I had a feeling the result would be 1-0. It's obviously disappointing to concede so late on, especially in the manner as described by WillesdenBee. But I can't feel disappointed about going out in round 2 to a L1 side away. The draw was kind enough to us in 4Q and 1st round, unfortunately it wasn't in 2nd round but it's all a vast improvement on last season.
WillesdenBee

Roy57 wrote: 26 Nov 2022, 20:12 In Dean's post match interview he once again mentioned the need for a quality striker to assist Nicki. Still baffled as to why we have not signed one after more than four months, cannot be money as we have just brought in Annesley, so not sure of the reason why a striker has not been brought in, is it that Dean is struggling to find the right one he wants, at obviously the right wage structure. But this is without doubt hindering us and we are either losing or drawing games we could be winning.
A centre back on loan for a month is a lot cheaper than a striker. Strikers are on average 2x the price of any other position. If we want the right one, we have to be patient. There’s been many (many!!!) options on the table. It’s up to one man to get them signed…
bzzzzz

A centre back on loan for a month is a lot cheaper than a striker. Strikers are on average 2x the price of any other position. If we want the right one, we have to be patient. There’s been many (many!!!) options on the table. It’s up to one man to get them signed…
[/quote]

After seeing that Annesley featured today, I think DB may have brought him in so that he could play a back three with wingbacks. He must have felt that this was our best chance of causing an upset.

Unfortunately it didn't pay off, but we've got good cover at the back for a few weeks and having gone out in the 2nd round I think that bags us 41k which should help us as we see to find another striker.
john dockers shorts

Great day out at Accrington. The clubhouse was brilliant, scanned our ticket on entry had a pint nice and friendly then walked straight out of the bar into the ground.

Decent noise from the 200 of us who sung it felt continously

Weather was dreadful, we were unfortunate that the driving wind was in our faces second half which seemed worse than first half so Laurie kicking the ball kept coming back to him almost.

Accy players spent most of the time crying to the ref, going down at any opportunity and being sneaky going in on ours but managing to escape punishment. Referee was very poor and fell for Accringtons play acting and moaning

We deserved a draw so. Fair play to Accy they matched us all the way and gave us a good game!

Their stewards were very friendly applauded us and said we were the best fans this season.
ETBee

The commentators mentioned how loudly the Barnet fans were singing. Well done to the brave souls who made the trip.
becbee

Every one of the three times I've been to Accy the weather was awful, sounds like it was down to standard again yesterday.
Norfolkbee

Just a thought. Perhaps DB is looking at bringing in a striker who is playing overseas in a league that has shut down for the winter - rather like when we had the Canadian on loan. Either that or he has an eye on a player who has still been involved in the FA Cup.