Eastleigh game moved to Weds

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
becbee

Re: Eastleigh game moved to Weds

barnetjohn wrote: 23 Jan 2023, 16:02 It's a tricky situation.

Re-arranging at short notice is very harsh on fans. Tuesday is basically a no goer, and so it's either replay on Wednesday or cram it another date. In normal circumstances I'd just rearrange for further out, but given our fixture congestion, trying to get it on on Wed is probably lesser of two evils.

Massive respect to those going- it's a real ball ache to change work, social and transport arrangements at the last minute.
My views entirely.

Eastleigh are as responsible for this as Barnet but the clubs are damned if they do, damned if they don't. Imagine if we'd not agreed to try to play on Wednesday then we ended up with Saturday- Tuesday-Thursday in April - which might still happen if this rubbish weather continues and we have a good FAT run.
11bee717

Had to be done unfortunately.
Bee_Forever

becbee wrote:
Bee_Forever wrote: 23 Jan 2023, 16:07
becbee wrote:I also think it's an absolute nonsense to make out that Barnet treat fans worse than other clubs do. Suggest anybody who thinks that has a look at other clubs twitter/ Facebook accounts.
I will bear in mind your suggestion that Barnet doesn't treat its away fans badly while booking my hotel in scunthorpe on a Friday night.....

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
The reason why that match is a Friday night is as likely Scunthorpe's idea as ours. I suspect that it was a joint decision between the two clubs to move both fixtures from Saturday to Friday. So do you also think that Scunthorpe treated their fans badly?
In any case I have seen fans on here suggest that there should be more Friday night matches.
Yes. I do. But my point was that you said we don't treat our away fans as badly as other clubs. Not marking on a curve.

I do love it when people bring in another extraneous argument to try and win the one they have already failed to make their point on. Feels like trying to heat up chocolate to make it less sticky.

becbee

Bee_Forever wrote: 23 Jan 2023, 16:46
becbee wrote:
Bee_Forever wrote: 23 Jan 2023, 16:07
becbee wrote:I also think it's an absolute nonsense to make out that Barnet treat fans worse than other clubs do. Suggest anybody who thinks that has a look at other clubs twitter/ Facebook accounts.
I will bear in mind your suggestion that Barnet doesn't treat its away fans badly while booking my hotel in scunthorpe on a Friday night.....

The reason why that match is a Friday night is as likely Scunthorpe's idea as ours. I suspect that it was a joint decision between the two clubs to move both fixtures from Saturday to Friday. So do you also think that Scunthorpe treated their fans badly?
In any case I have seen fans on here suggest that there should be more Friday night matches.
Yes. I do. But my point was that you said we don't treat our away fans as badly as other clubs. Not marking on a curve.

I do love it when people bring in another extraneous argument to try and win the one they have already failed to make their point on. Feels like trying to heat up chocolate to make it less sticky.

I haven't lost an argument. You ignored my point and made a different point (your extraneous argument?) which I responded to.
We are not going to agree, see you at the hotel in Scunthorpe on 3rd. Meanwhile I will leave you to heat up your chocolate.
letchbee94

Thankfully and luckily it was not issue changing my flexi leave from Tuesday to Wednesday.

If the game goes ahead Wednesday then it will have been right choice.
WillesdenBee

becbee wrote: 23 Jan 2023, 15:34 Speaking as someone who goes to plenty of away matches, I don't see this at all as being 2 fingers to the away supporters. More the opposite.
Judging by tonight's overnight temperatures it seems very improbable that the e match wouod have gone ahead tomorrow. There at least is a better chance of it happening on Wednesday.
The change of date isn't ideal for anyone but at least this way we and Eastleigh might avoid yet another postponements- and at worst, we'll know they tried.
Agreed. Its the best of two bad choice. Looking forward to the game. Eastleigh are very good at home and itll be a massive challenge
letchbee94

Still no news. On mini bus but we waiting to hear before leaving
Highamlee

Postponed
rudebwoyben

Bad news
John Hunt

letchbee94 wrote: 25 Jan 2023, 14:36 Still no news. On mini bus but we waiting to hear before leaving
That's early.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
rudebwoyben

Don’t they normally stop off somewhere en-route? Maybe that’s why.
Bee_Forever

rudebwoyben wrote:Don’t they normally stop off somewhere en-route? Maybe that’s why.
Yes. Today it was to be Winchester

OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

Bee_Forever wrote: 25 Jan 2023, 15:04
rudebwoyben wrote:Don’t they normally stop off somewhere en-route? Maybe that’s why.
Yes. Today it was to be Winchester

O well, Wetherspoon’s in Potters Bar it is then!!
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
pletch99

It’s just as well it’s off. I’m not far from Eastleigh and it’s also very foggy.