ETBee

Re: Chesterfield (Hive) The Arsene Cook Match Thread

Full re-run of the game now available on
https://www.nationalleaguetv.com/
No subscription needed.
rudebwoyben

Chainsaw wrote: 29 Jan 2023, 21:35
gowerfan wrote: 29 Jan 2023, 21:33 Ryan de Havilland is the guy we want to put on a long contract.
Absolutely.
Just adding my name to this! Nail him down!
BeesKnees

ETBee wrote: 29 Jan 2023, 22:40 Full re-run of the game now available on
https://www.nationalleaguetv.com/
No subscription needed.
After watching the highlights I had to go back to this as my memory was Chesterfield had loads of chances . My memory wasnt faulty, Chesterfield on another day could easily have scored 4 or five.

That said we were excellent and in the end thoroughly deserved the win though last ditch defending and quality finishing.
Tuesds

Talking of de Havilland, I’m impressed by the fact that as a right-footer he’s taking left-footed corners, enabling us to deliver an inswinger from the right-hand side even when Beard’s not playing while also allowing Pritchard to attack the ball in the middle, at which he’s been so effective this season.

I wasn’t at the game so for all I know he delivered a load of stinkers other than the one for the goal, but I thought it was interesting and while I know he’s done it in other recent games, I don’t think it’s been mentioned here.

He delivered the assist for the first goal this way, of course, and it made me try to remember any other Bees players to take corners with their ‘other’ foot. Only one I can think of is Darren Currie, who had brilliant technique with either foot and would take corners according to what sort of delivery was wanted, using whichever was best.

Perhaps even more impressive was Liam O’Brien smashing the ball from one end of the pitch to the other using either foot, with no discernible difference between the two. But De Havilland’s corners are pretty good in their own right, and worthy of a mention, at least!
becbee

Generally speaking, the standard of our corners and free kicks has improved so much this season. There is now genuine goal scoring opportunities from them.
Chainsaw

becbee wrote: 30 Jan 2023, 13:40 Generally speaking, the standard of our corners and free kicks has improved so much this season. There is now genuine goal scoring opportunities from them.
Agreed. As good as RDH's corners have been I still think Rob Hall is our best corner kick taker.