Chesterfield (Hive) The Arsene Cook Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

So....... Saturday should, weather permitting see the bees make their long awaited return to Bananarama action against the high flying Spireites in what will be a real test of our credentials.

With Chesterfield sitting 10 points off of 2nd but with 4 wins in their last 5 games, they are solidifying their position within the playoffs and are ready to pounce if Dollywood FC and Notts County stumble.

And what of Barnet. Well we have come a long way since Al Beadle pub landlord lost his job on 13 December 2020 following a 6-0 loss to Chesterfield. That day out team was :- Loach, McQueen, Mohsni, Binnom-Williams, H Taylor, Connors, Dunne, Faal, Effiong, Parrett, Mason-Clark. I think it is fair to say that we have come a long way since then and I am struggling to think of any of that 11 who would displace our current lineup.

How far we have come is reflected both in our league position the contract offer for Brennan and for the fact that Chesterfield's scrotey manager is doing his best Arsene Wenger impression by putting in a bid for Kabamba on the eve of the fixture (I very much doubt he would have done the same in the Faal era). Wenger was infamous for talking about how he wanted to sign an opposition player on the eve of the fixture and I hope the player and club are not silly enough to fall for such blatant mind games.

Clearly we have got them rattled and if we had had the abiliy to match their bench we could even have nicked a point at theirs earlier this season. It is certainly a case of sofa so good against Chesterfield and while we will be looking to pull out all the stops to beat them we are very much one of the sleeper teams of this division. Tshimanga currently finds himself back on the bench and Paul Cook may well find himself looking for divan inspiration from him if they find themselves struggling again.

In terms of team lineups I think that Chesterfield will attach us with pace so I would be minded to go with a back 3 (I know quelle surprise) especially as we are going to be a bit rusty so starting defensively solid feels like a good approach.

-----------------------------------Walker---------------------------------

-------------Revan--------------Collinge--------------Okimo-----------

---Wynter----------Pritchard------------Gorman-----------Beard-----

------------Kanu---------------KABAMBA------------De Havilland-------

Subs: Immune, Hall, Armstrong, Moyo, Woods,

I am missing this one but hoping we will be able to pick up the win to further boost our promotion hopes.

COYBS
rudebwoyben

Re: Chesterfield (Hive) The Arsene Cook Match Thread

I think EMC would still be a valued first XI starter now, but the rest of the team..yeah.
This is going to be a big test for us.
amberforever

Chesterfield have a habit of poaching: won’t forget MA going to there after we won our basement match against them.
becbee

amberforever wrote: 26 Jan 2023, 13:12 Chesterfield have a habit of poaching: won’t forget MA going to there after we won our basement match against them.
MA was a law unto himself who was on a temporary deal with us and chased the money. Kabamba is under contract.
chesbee

Reminds me of when Lincoln put in a bid for Keith Alexander when we were both chasing promotion.
amberforever

becbee wrote: 26 Jan 2023, 13:21
amberforever wrote: 26 Jan 2023, 13:12 Chesterfield have a habit of poaching: won’t forget MA going to there after we won our basement match against them.
MA was a law unto himself who was on a temporary deal with us and chased the money. Kabamba is under contract.
Indeed he was, true. Still hurt though.
Mikel Bee

A severe cold weather alert has just been issued for Friday night.

"Further night frosts to come over the weekend, with the most widespread frost likely on Friday night into Saturday morning, along with some patchy freezing fog in the south. The current Alert has been extended until midday Saturday to capture these cold overnight conditions."

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/wea ... son=normal

Feel like the fixture list could be decimated again this weekend. This is getting annoying and only 3 spare Tuesdays left, ignoring any Trophy rearrangements if this one goes. Hope it's wrong.
pgbee

Mikel Bee wrote: 26 Jan 2023, 15:01 A severe cold weather alert has just been issued for Friday night.

"Further night frosts to come over the weekend, with the most widespread frost likely on Friday night into Saturday morning, along with some patchy freezing fog in the south. The current Alert has been extended until midday Saturday to capture these cold overnight conditions."

Feel like the fixture list could be decimated again this weekend. This is getting annoying and only 3 spare Tuesdays left, ignoring any Trophy rearrangements if this one goes. Hope it's wrong.
Not to mention any of our future league opponents still in the trophy as well that could cause pistols if they stay in the competition.
jerroll

pgbee wrote: 26 Jan 2023, 15:55
Mikel Bee wrote: 26 Jan 2023, 15:01 A severe cold weather alert has just been issued for Friday night.

Not to mention any of our future league opponents still in the trophy as well that could cause pistols if they stay in the competition.
That's just York, as we know well Solihull are out!
Shmulib100

Can we try to arrange a game for the coming Tuesday?
jerroll

Shmulib100 wrote: 26 Jan 2023, 16:06 Can we try to arrange a game for the coming Tuesday?
Can only be Eastleigh or Chesterfield if it goes on saturday as Yeovil are playing Weardstone and Woking playing Torquay. Problem if you put Eastleigh in that would be 6 successive away matches which I doubt the gaffer would want.
JWTBee

BBC Weather says that it's NOT going to be below 1 degree on Friday night so it should be OK!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
WillesdenBee

The enquiry for Kabamba was about 3-4 weeks ago now. Nothing has changed since. It would take a very good offer for us to sell
AmberBattalion

We have planned and co-ordinated a march with the club pregame. This is open to all Barnet fans to join and lift spirits and energy around the hive. We urge all supporters to promote and join us pregame at 2:25, where Camrose Avenue and St Bridges Avenue meet next to the 288 Bus stop towards Edgware.
BeesKnees99

Freezing overnight temperatures expected tonight