Wealdstone Tickets

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
BGr
Posts: 426
Joined: 15 Aug 2012, 10:58

Re: Wealdstone Tickets

Post: # 350100Post BGr »

PBBee wrote: 19 Mar 2023, 20:10 I can’t buy until the day before so surely no silly buggers by them RE ticket sales.

It’s all one terrace & unreserved seating so why is there even a “initial allocation”?

Good point. They aren’t going to divide that end in half with segregation it would be murder. We will have the same area as last year, and I think this talk of “initial allocation” is just childish mudslinging, “look at Barnet they haven’t sold a lot of tickets”, from Wealdstone
Last edited by BGr on 20 Mar 2023, 16:32, edited 1 time in total.
Roy57
Posts: 3277
Joined: 22 Sep 2018, 10:43

Re: Wealdstone Tickets

Post: # 350101Post Roy57 »

Have put this hear as not worth own thread, Just looking at teams around us, Saturday's results overall went our way, but what has happened to Southend, they have lost there last five games, first one was when we beat then then they lost at home to Chesterfield, then lost away away to Wrexham then away to Boringwood. Then sat they lost at home to Aldershot, after not being able to get a win for love of money Chesterfield have now found form for them at the right time of the season, which is not what we need in there last 5 games it's matches Wrexham's, they would be the one team i would want to avoid in the play off's, I would feel confident if we got Bromley, Eastleigh and fingers crossed even Boringwood, who would others feel confident getting in play off's and who would you not want to get, of course not included Notts as it seems they will be the team that would be the one who would be in semi final anyway.
becbee
Posts: 11689
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 11:43

Re: Wealdstone Tickets

Post: # 350102Post becbee »

Roy57 wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 13:03 Have put this hear as not worth own thread, Just looking at teams around us, Saturday's results overall went our way, but what has happened to Southend, they have lost there last five games, first one was when we beat then then they lost at home to Chesterfield, then lost away away to Wrexham then away to Boringwood. Then sat they lost at home to Aldershot, after not being able to get a win for love of money Chesterfield have now found form for them at the right time of the season, which is not what we need in there last 5 games it's matches Wrexham's, they would be the one team i would want to avoid in the play off's, I would feel confident if we got Bromley, Eastleigh and fingers crossed even Boringwood, who would others feel confident getting in play off's and who would you not want to get, of course not included Notts as it seems they will be the team that would be the one who would be in semi final anyway.
We can't get concerned about what any other clubs do or don't do. Nor can we get too concerned at this stage as to who we might want in the P.O.s - let's just get to the P.O.s first!
Tuesds
Posts: 3294
Joined: 27 Jan 2011, 12:26

Re: Wealdstone Tickets

Post: # 350103Post Tuesds »

I agree that there’s no point thinking too hard about who we might play at this point because there’s a lot still to happen. However, it’s not just about getting in the play-offs, but about getting in the play-offs and finishing as high as we can.

Should we make the play-offs, regardless of the other teams involved our chances of getting promoted would be improved notably if our ‘eliminator’ match were at home. They would be improved hugely if we didn’t have to play an eliminator at all and had just a home semi-final standing between us and the play off final.

I’m not saying that because I’m over-confident about making the top seven - far from it, in fact, as I’m nervous about this Wealdstone game. I just think that with the play-offs structured as they are, there’s making the play-offs and then there’s *making the play-offs*
jerroll
Posts: 11660
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 17:25

Re: Wealdstone Tickets

Post: # 350104Post jerroll »

Tuesds wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 14:25 I agree that there’s no point thinking too hard about who we might play at this point because there’s a lot still to happen. However, it’s not just about getting in the play-offs, but about getting in the play-offs and finishing as high as we can.

Should we make the play-offs, regardless of the other teams involved our chances of getting promoted would be improved notably if our ‘eliminator’ match were at home. They would be improved hugely if we didn’t have to play an eliminator at all and had just a home semi-final standing between us and the play off final.

I’m not saying that because I’m over-confident about making the top seven - far from it, in fact, as I’m nervous about this Wealdstone game. I just think that with the play-offs structured as they are, there’s making the play-offs and then there’s *making the play-offs*
its all about hitting playoffs in good form. Grimsby went into the playoffs in hot form last season and won at both Notts & Wrexham( so its their bloody fault!) before winning at TLS against Solihell.
User avatar
PBBee
Posts: 4763
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 01:04

Re: Wealdstone Tickets

Post: # 350105Post PBBee »

Were Grimbsy even in that much form at the end of the normal season (I know they had the immense run a little earlier) but only 1 win in 4, Chesterfield were in shocking form but Notts County & Solihull were the form teams looking back.

Whilst I of course want a home tie(s) - are we not arguably playing pretty well away from home at the moment.

Of course finishing top 3 would be great, however & also now looking less likely if we were to come 4th I would want Woking to finish 3rd as I would fancy us away at theirs if we made it to the semi-final. Wouldn't fancy going up to Chesterfield however & I think they are looking good for that 3rd spot.
Roy57
Posts: 3277
Joined: 22 Sep 2018, 10:43

Re: Wealdstone Tickets

Post: # 350106Post Roy57 »

jerroll wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 15:05
Tuesds wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 14:25 I agree that there’s no point thinking too hard about who we might play at this point because there’s a lot still to happen. However, it’s not just about getting in the play-offs, but about getting in the play-offs and finishing as high as we can.

Should we make the play-offs, regardless of the other teams involved our chances of getting promoted would be improved notably if our ‘eliminator’ match were at home. They would be improved hugely if we didn’t have to play an eliminator at all and had just a home semi-final standing between us and the play off final.

I’m not saying that because I’m over-confident about making the top seven - far from it, in fact, as I’m nervous about this Wealdstone game. I just think that with the play-offs structured as they are, there’s making the play-offs and then there’s *making the play-offs*
its all about hitting playoffs in good form. Grimsby went into the playoffs in hot form last season and won at both Notts & Wrexham( so its their bloody fault!) before winning at TLS against Solihell.
This is what I was refering ti, yes of course I am jumping the gun, but getting to the play off's in good form is what I said about at this time about Chesterfield. Don't know why some read posts and then first comment is "jumping the gun", isn't that what a lot of supporters do, dream of getting to Wembley in the Trophy. I did not mean to jump the gun, of be big headed believing we WILL get and reach the play off's, I was just seeing what others might feel if we did.
Tuesds
Posts: 3294
Joined: 27 Jan 2011, 12:26

Re: Wealdstone Tickets

Post: # 350114Post Tuesds »

Last year was the fifth year of the current play-off format, and I think I’m right in saying that Grimsby were the first team from outside the top five to even make the final, let alone win promotion. They really were an exception, and of course they are a big club with the sort of resources that should have seen them finish inside the top 3 or 4.

It feels like we’ve been particularly good away from home this season because we’ve won so many more away games than usual while suffering some really ropey home defeats, yet we’ve still got 9 more points at home (1 more game played).

Meanwhile our likely opponents if we finish sixth would be Eastleigh or Boreham Wood, both of whom have formidable home records with just three defeats all season. They both fail to win most away games, as do we. And yes, now I’m worrying about who we might play having said it was too early for that!
Last edited by Tuesds on 20 Mar 2023, 17:18, edited 3 times in total.
tonbridgebee
Posts: 1000
Joined: 18 Jan 2014, 23:26

Re: Wealdstone Tickets

Post: # 350115Post tonbridgebee »

We WILL finish top 7.

The top 7 currently for me will be it, who finishes where is anyone's guess. I think it would take a massive run of form for any of the other sides to get in now, Southend, Wealdstone and Dagenham have not only got to win about 3 to catch up with the 7 but then win a couple more to break in, and it seems to me those in the 7 have had their blips. Those three are also in poor form themselves, think it would take a lot for them to make it, not impossible but a tough ask.
pletch99
Posts: 793
Joined: 28 May 2011, 06:52

Re: Wealdstone Tickets

Post: # 350122Post pletch99 »

Roy57 wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 13:03 Have put this hear as not worth own thread, Just looking at teams around us, Saturday's results overall went our way, but what has happened to Southend, they have lost there last five games
I think a mixture of injuries, particularly up front to their strikers (and they have struggled to score all season), a tough fixture list and the loss of confidence that comes from having a few games go against. Deano has constantly said that it's just as easy to lose five in a row in this league as win 5 in a row and Southend have just proved it.

Of the five games only Aldershot at home was an "easy" three points. Their run in looks a lot easier on paper.
pletch99
Posts: 793
Joined: 28 May 2011, 06:52

Re: Wealdstone Tickets

Post: # 350123Post pletch99 »

tonbridgebee wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 16:58 The top 7 currently for me will be it, who finishes where is anyone's guess. I think it would take a massive run of form for any of the other sides to get in now, Southend, Wealdstone and Dagenham have not only got to win about 3 to catch up with the 7 but then win a couple more to break in, and it seems to me those in the 7 have had their blips. Those three are also in poor form themselves, think it would take a lot for them to make it, not impossible but a tough ask.
It does look likely that the current top 7 do look likely to be the play off teams. It would take a complete collapse by someone AND one of the chasing pack to string together a run for the make up of the 7 to change. It's not impossible, but the games are starting to run out for those chasing.

I'm not too worried about where we finish. I'd be surprised if we made third (not impossible, but it would require a repeat of our Dec/Jan/Feb run) so I doubt we will avoid a play in game. While I'd like a play off game at the Hive I wouldn't be scared of facing any of the likely opposition away from home - we are quite capable of beating all of them - which isn't to say that we will of course.

Even if we end up having to go to Notts County, I think that we saw on Saturday that we are capable of beating them. While clearly they will be huge favourites for the play offs, they will be under a lot of pressure and while I wouldn't suggest for a second that they are a one man team, should something happen to Langstaff they would suddenly look vulnerable. I don't think any of the other contenders are quite as reliant on a single outfield player.
User avatar
PBBee
Posts: 4763
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 01:04

Wealdstone Tickets

Post: # 350129Post PBBee »

Eastleigh’s home record is such a surprise based on the game there a few months back - it was as 1 sided as it could get. Must have been an off day for them whilst we were running hot.

I suppose we could end Wealdstone’s hopes on Saturday really as well.
tonbridgebee
Posts: 1000
Joined: 18 Jan 2014, 23:26

Re: Wealdstone Tickets

Post: # 350130Post tonbridgebee »

pletch99 wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 18:23
tonbridgebee wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 16:58 The top 7 currently for me will be it, who finishes where is anyone's guess. I think it would take a massive run of form for any of the other sides to get in now, Southend, Wealdstone and Dagenham have not only got to win about 3 to catch up with the 7 but then win a couple more to break in, and it seems to me those in the 7 have had their blips. Those three are also in poor form themselves, think it would take a lot for them to make it, not impossible but a tough ask.
It does look likely that the current top 7 do look likely to be the play off teams. It would take a complete collapse by someone AND one of the chasing pack to string together a run for the make up of the 7 to change. It's not impossible, but the games are starting to run out for those chasing.

I'm not too worried about where we finish. I'd be surprised if we made third (not impossible, but it would require a repeat of our Dec/Jan/Feb run) so I doubt we will avoid a play in game. While I'd like a play off game at the Hive I wouldn't be scared of facing any of the likely opposition away from home - we are quite capable of beating all of them - which isn't to say that we will of course.

Even if we end up having to go to Notts County, I think that we saw on Saturday that we are capable of beating them. While clearly they will be huge favourites for the play offs, they will be under a lot of pressure and while I wouldn't suggest for a second that they are a one man team, should something happen to Langstaff they would suddenly look vulnerable. I don't think any of the other contenders are quite as reliant on a single outfield player.
Spot on. County are a little strange, full of matchwinners but as you say this seemingly reliance on Langstaff who has been phenomenal in front of goal.
Tickets
Posts: 133
Joined: 06 Nov 2022, 15:39

Re: Wealdstone Tickets

Post: # 350140Post Tickets »

Hopefully we sell the 800
letchbee94
Posts: 7958
Joined: 21 Jan 2011, 20:59

Re: Wealdstone Tickets

Post: # 350142Post letchbee94 »

WillesdenBee wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 11:53 Sold 320. Allocation now up to 500. Not sure why they can’t just give us the normal allocation but hey ho!
Ok nice 1 James.
Hopefully have good following.
Post Reply