The Smith Paradox

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
jamiefrbees

The Smith Paradox

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a couple of weeks ago we thrashed Chesterfield at home. The system was working, Kabamba was full of confidence (Brennan was saying how he had a manager who believed in him)

Brennan has harped on about togetherness and how hard the players have worked to achieve their lofty position.

So what message does it send to the rest of the squad when a loan signing waltzes into the starting eleven?

The psychological impact of this cannot be understated.

Then of course there's the practical element - why change a system which is working and working so well?

He should have come in as an option on the bench.

As at least one other user pointed out, despite his goals we certainly seem like a lesser team with him in it. Whilst many will be focusing on the defence, dare I say Brennan's only got himself to blame for the dip of form, fluidity and flair in attack.
eastbarnetsupporter

Re: The Smith Paradox

it's quite odd in the modern game to see two very tall stickers up front together. Felt weird watching it in person last night. Surely better to have one on the bench to bring on with 20 to go or as a backup with one gets injured/needs resting.