Dorking Wanderers (Away) You Dorking to Bees? The Buzzing Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
PBBee

Re: Dorking Wanderers (Away) You Dorking to Bees? The Buzzing Match Thread

What a disappointing performance to match the camera quality - rubbing salt in the wound that it was actually fine after 90 mins & condensation cleared!

We actually had a few chances in the first 30 mins - Kabamba has lost his shooting boots, had a few chances to hit the target with his his feet recently & fluffed his lines most of the time.

Results mostly went our way too!
Roy57

Can see supporters arguing that Smith scoring record is excellent, but I do agree our football, build up play has suffered since he has been in the team, Kabamba scored 17 goals before his arrival but totally dried up and like tonight you just don't see him scoring, cannot deny Smith is excellent in the air, but on the floor I feel he struggles compared to Nicki. But if players DB are series about finishing in the play offs you cannot have clubs like Dorking doing the double over us.
hoofer2

It's always freezing when we play on 4G. No excuses - we have enough of them to practise on at The Hive

Just don't think formation is right to accommodate Kabamba and Smith and have resorted to long ball.
4-4-2 5-3-2 4-1-3-2 4-3-1-2. Kabamba not effective enough out wide.

Pre-Smith football would have been ideal for this pitch.

Cannot underestimate loss of Collinge and Wynter have had.

Think Senior should have started - good winger. Hall needs to come on sooner in games. Quality on ball and can really see a pass. These pitches cry out for fast wing play. Need to be more savvy.

Need to find a way to get out the rut
WhetstoneBee

jamiefrbees wrote: 07 Mar 2023, 22:03
North Finchley Bee wrote: 07 Mar 2023, 21:54 I’d start with our old and better formation with Nicke up front and then change to Smith as the game progresses. The new system isn’t working well or consistently enough. It’s predictable and manageable for defences. The passing game we previously had was more effective and played to the strengths of the wider squad.
This. And it’s risking costing us our play-off place. DB needs to learn lessons quickly.

This was always the obvious scenario from day 1. I remain mystified that Brennan was so happy to change a winning formula
BeesKnees99

Such a demoralising result. Inconsistent FC strikes again.
WeAreBarnet

Dorking Wanderers (Away) You Dorking to Bees? The Buzzing Match Thread

80 mins hoofball then final 10 we start to get it on the floor! Tactically so poor tonight. When you start both Kabamba and Smith you can’t take em off when losing because then a goal threat is taken off rather than being able to bring one of em on to change the game! (Obv smith came off with a injury tonight)

Hall has to come on earlier to be able to change the game too.

So frustrating and though the smith signing in terms of goals has been great, we didn’t really need him. Southend was the only game I’ve seen Smith and Kabamba actually combine well, now we’re shoving Nicke out wide when DB said when we signed him that he is best down the middle!

Now we can’t sign anyone from the EFL so where are we going to get a competent RB for the injured Wynter because this left footed 3 at the back combo is clearly not working when collinge isn’t playing. All our recent losses have been down to us being poor in moments rather than the opposition actually doing anything to win the game, Dorking were much better than us and deserved their win but we could have done so much more to get something from the game. Should never have lost after going 1-0 up.

Need to see highlights for possible red card for one of their players but the ref was Sunday league level. We get awful officiating at this level but that was beyond incompetence and there should be an official complaint against him because he is not up to this standard. Ref wasn’t why we lost but this is meant to be a professional league, he reffed it like he was at Hackney marshes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
becbee

Firstly the ground. Most non league ground I've been to in NL. We had the choice between being on a couple of steps under cover or a small area in the open. For all that tickets went off sale at 6pm so they knew how many of us would be there, we had insufficient room until a steward eventually opened half of the empty terrace behind the goal
We couldn't see the near side area of the pitch past the half way line because of people standing against the wall. I had to ask someone to move their group of 4 because we couldn't see the far goal for their heads. It was madness.
The floodlights were weak and the ladies toilets were closed and replaced by 2 portacabins.

As for the football, what really annoyed me was how defensive we were after our goal. Nobody left on the half way line when we defended so our clearances just went back to them and were put straight back into the mix. We were playing Dorking for Goodness Sake.
We threw everything at them for the last 10 minutes or so but it was too little, too late.
Wrong tactics cost us tonight. Maddening.

At least the M25 was good for coming home.
hoofer2

becbee wrote: 07 Mar 2023, 23:48 Firstly the ground. Most non league ground I've been to in NL. We had the choice between being on a couple of steps under cover or a small area in the open. For all that tickets went off sale at 6pm so they knew how many of us would be there, we had insufficient room until a steward eventually opened half of the empty terrace behind the goal
We couldn't see the near side area of the pitch past the half way line because of people standing against the wall. I had to ask someone to move their group of 4 because we couldn't see the far goal for their heads. It was madness.
The floodlights were weak and the ladies toilets were closed and replaced by 2 portacabins.

As for the football, what really annoyed me was how defensive we were after our goal. Nobody left on the half way line when we defended so our clearances just went back to them and were put straight back into the mix. We were playing Dorking for Goodness Sake.
We threw everything at them for the last 10 minutes or so but it was too little, too late.

The tickets were only £16 - we got what we paid for!

Strangest stand was at home end where superwide aisles meant far fewer seats!
WhetstoneBee

:unsure: Since DB decided to bring in Smith and change the formation from one that had been working so well, we’ve lost 5 of those 9 games. As others have said for a while now, he needs to learn lessons fast and go back to what was working.

I also don’t understand why, when our RB got injured, he signed a CB and a winger instead of someone who could actually play in the position we needed filling, and then released our only actually fit RB. We need to be playing Kanu in his natural position where he can best affect games, not as a wing-back. Can you imagine the damage a front three of Kabamba, Kanu and Senior would do?

It’s hard to avoid feeling that our dip in form has been self-inflicted and that’s what’s so frustrating.
becbee

WhetstoneBee wrote: 08 Mar 2023, 01:11
It’s hard to avoid feeling that our dip in form has been self-inflicted and that’s what’s so frustrating.
Nail hit on head.

Yes, being without injured players doesn't help - but every club has injuries. I would never profess for one minute to being capable of managing a football team but that doesn't mean I can't recognise when the tactics are completely wrong. So why can't our very experienced manager?
john dockers shorts

Think Everyone needs to calm down. The highs and lows will happen. With results other than Borehamwood winning we are in a great place. Good Chesterfield won lastnight keeps teams below us further away.

Let's get into the Trophy semi now.
eastbarnetsupporter

After the highs of Southend away, we found ourselves freezing to death watching Barnet play awful hoofball and losing to a part-time time. Football eh!

Bring on Saturday, a nice boost of confidence is needed for the team. Hopefully 300+ bees turnout.
CambsBee

john dockers shorts wrote: 08 Mar 2023, 07:58 Think Everyone needs to calm down. The highs and lows will happen. With results other than Borehamwood winning we are in a great place. Good Chesterfield won lastnight keeps teams below us further away.

Absolutely, at the start of the season the majority were saying a result would be mid table security whilst Dean rebuilds. It is a great achievement to, almost, have a Play Off place in our hands to lose. We will have to play a "big" team if we make the Play Offs anyway so let's enjoy it.

It is frustrating when we lose to a team that, for all intents and purposes, we should beat but this will happen throughout the season. There are always highs and lows.

Even though I was disappointed last night, doubly by the "cold" camera lens, I will enjoy the rest of the season whatever happens.

BTW, I emailed re refund, was told they were trying to fix it, anyone else get anything
king45bee

hoofer2 wrote:
becbee wrote: 07 Mar 2023, 23:48 Firstly the ground. Most non league ground I've been to in NL. We had the choice between being on a couple of steps under cover or a small area in the open. For all that tickets went off sale at 6pm so they knew how many of us would be there, we had insufficient room until a steward eventually opened half of the empty terrace behind the goal

The tickets were only £16 - we got what we paid for!

Strangest stand was at home end where superwide aisles meant far fewer seats!
Views were poor - thought good service re drinks and food - the smaller service area definitely worked

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

eastbarnetsupporter

CambsBee wrote: 08 Mar 2023, 09:40
john dockers shorts wrote: 08 Mar 2023, 07:58 Think Everyone needs to calm down. The highs and lows will happen. With results other than Borehamwood winning we are in a great place. Good Chesterfield won lastnight keeps teams below us further away.

Absolutely, at the start of the season the majority were saying a result would be mid table security whilst Dean rebuilds. It is a great achievement to, almost, have a Play Off place in our hands to lose.
Great point. Overall, this is still a better-than-expected season which has given us some great moments. Naturally, expectations rise when things are going well and results like last night become increasingly frustrating. Still looking on course for a playoff spot but need to get out of this rut (5 losses in 7). COYB.