Dorking Wanderers (Away) You Dorking to Bees? The Buzzing Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Dorking Wanderers (Away) You Dorking to Bees? The Buzzing Match Thread

So..... tomorrow we head to leafy Surrey to take on Dorking Wanderers on the plastic pitch in our latest bananarama fixture.

After a gutsy and deserved win against the tax dodgers we find ourselves safe and secure in the playoffs but with our rivals also winning it is starting to get tighter than TK's wallet in the upper echelons of the National League.

After slipping to defeat at the Hive against Dorking Barnet's fortunes have improved considerably while the Wanderers have endured a challenging season, sitting just outside of the relegation places with 4 points out of their last 5 games. It does however bear considerations that this included games against Boredom Hoof, Bromley and the financially doped Disney FC. For Dorking who have recently been promoted survival is the key to give them a launchpad to push up the league next season and they will be keen to land a blow on Barnet in pursuit of this.

In contrast to the fallen giants of Notts County, Chesterfield and Prencelyn FC, Wanderers story is one of one man's dream as Marc White formed and managed Dorking Wanderers in 1999 overseeing 12 promotions to take them to this stage. This is not another Glenn Tamplin but someone who has channelled their business acumen in to bringing the best out of a local club. I am aware that this thread is somewhat giving a blanc cheque to white so I will now blanche at this and point out that having to put our players tired legs on a plastic pitch is far from ideal and we really should be getting rid of these dambuster pitches if the league is going to be taken seriously.

The fact we are playing on a pitch more plastic than Wrexham's american fanbase means I think Brennan will rotate and protect to a degree. Hopefully Walker's back will hold up ok for Tuesday and this is the team I would like to see. Collinge is apparently struggling at the moment so I would rest him for this one.

--------------------------------Walker----------------------------------

-------------Potter-------------Woods------------Okimo---------------

--Kanu-------De Havilland----Pritchard------Gorman------Beard---

---------------------Smith--------Kabamba-------------------------------

Subs: Callan, Hall, Diarra, Moyo, Armstrong

I am doing this one by train, hoping that we can pick up another three points to consolidate our place in the playoffs.

COYBS
11bee717

Re: Dorking Wanderers (Away) You Dorking to Bees? The Buzzing Match Thread

Just a reminder the allocation will be very small due to building works in their ground!!
CrawleyBee

Nice local one for me! Can’t wait Assuming a new ground for most ? Hopefully a decent following.

Edit just remembered we played them in the trophy not that long ago!
Formerly Watfordbee
rudebwoyben

11bee717 wrote: 06 Mar 2023, 11:27 Just a reminder the allocation will be very small due to building works in their ground!!
I was hoping that the works to the away end would be completed for our visit but this does not appear to be the case. The away end currently consists of basic hard standing by the perimeter fence.
Wrap up well, it’s going to be very cold!
rudebwoyben

CrawleyBee wrote: 06 Mar 2023, 11:47 Nice local one for me! Can’t wait Assuming a new ground for most ? Hopefully a decent following.

But during Covid, so no one could attend!
CrawleyBee

rudebwoyben wrote: 06 Mar 2023, 11:52
CrawleyBee wrote: 06 Mar 2023, 11:47 Nice local one for me! Can’t wait Assuming a new ground for most ? Hopefully a decent following.

Ohhh didn’t think I remembered it very well!
Formerly Watfordbee
rudebwoyben

It was a mingin’ time for us, so best forgotten!
tonbridgebee

CrawleyBee wrote: 06 Mar 2023, 11:58
rudebwoyben wrote: 06 Mar 2023, 11:52

Ohhh didn’t think I remembered it very well!
Nice and local for me too! Was there earlier in the season for their home vs York, very family orientated club.

It was home fans only for that Trophy tie, I had attended the previous round's game against Hungerford, then they drew us, was tempted to go as my postcode obviously wouldn't have given the game away, even had a few Dorking fans saying 'go on', pretty glad I didn't with the final scoreline!
Roy57

Did not want to start new thread for this and added it to this one as it's a away game, I loved the Kabamba tour of the team coach, just the thought of thing supporters especially the younger ones apprechiate, so well done the club for adding this, was puzzled by the lucky door as Nicki described it that apparently goes on all away games, but can totally understand this as I never go anywhere without my lucky door. It is only a small thing but the kind of thing that makes the players and club feel connected to the supporters, keep it up.
BGr

rudebwoyben wrote: 06 Mar 2023, 11:51
11bee717 wrote: 06 Mar 2023, 11:27 Just a reminder the allocation will be very small due to building works in their ground!!
I was hoping that the works to the away end would be completed for our visit but this does not appear to be the case. The away end currently consists of basic hard standing by the perimeter fence.
Wrap up well, it’s going to be very cold!

The flat standing area behind the goal is the area which is closed off. They’re erecting a 5 step covered terrace at that end. There is also a small covered 4 step terrace to one side of the main stand, think it holds around 250, I assume that is what we will be allocated tomorrow.
tolbinc

Local one for me too! We should have a 'lift share' section on this forum?!

Last time I was at Dorking, I went to watch Jack Barham Vs Craig Robson, neither of whom played that day in a 4-4 draw with Billericay. I did get to see Sam Beard Vs Themis Kefalas though.
john dockers shorts

Roy57 wrote: 06 Mar 2023, 12:48 Did not want to start new thread for this and added it to this one as it's a away game, I loved the Kabamba tour of the team coach, just the thought of thing supporters especially the younger ones apprechiate, so well done the club for adding this, was puzzled by the lucky door as Nicki described it that apparently goes on all away games, but can totally understand this as I never go anywhere without my lucky door. It is only a small thing but the kind of thing that makes the players and club feel connected to the supporters, keep it up.
Think it's odd if you don't have a lucky door!
tonbridgebee

tolbinc wrote: 06 Mar 2023, 15:31 Local one for me too! We should have a 'lift share' section on this forum?!

Last time I was at Dorking, I went to watch Jack Barham Vs Craig Robson, neither of whom played that day in a 4-4 draw with Billericay. I did get to see Sam Beard Vs Themis Kefalas though.
Blimey! Whereabouts are you?
pletch99

Reminder - it's buy in advance for this one, online only, tickets go off sales at 18:00. If you turn up without a ticket you'll have to pretend to be a home fan.
tolbinc

tonbridgebee wrote: 06 Mar 2023, 16:11
tolbinc wrote: 06 Mar 2023, 15:31 Local one for me too! We should have a 'lift share' section on this forum?!

Blimey! Whereabouts are you?
Near Purley.

I say 'local' - it's still about half hour, and I wouldn't want to walk it...