Maidstone United (Away) The Hakan Hope Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Maidstone United (Away) The Hakan Hope Match Thread

Hoof..... Saturday sees the Bees continue their Trophy Campaign away to managerless Maidhoof United.

George Ekolobi has taken over from Hakan Hayrettin with Maidstone rooted to the bottom of the National League and seemingly hopelessly adrift. Their recent league form is not pretty reading with only a shock away win at the Shitfires in the cup to offer some solace.

Maidstone has been one of those enclaves of ex-bees in recent years and at one point had Hayrettin, Still, Amaluzor, Barham, Hoyte and Binnom-Williams on the books at the same time. With the manager gone and Tyrannosaurus Still now pounding the streets of Dagenham we will be faced with just the QE2 and Jack Barham on Saturday by the looks of things.

5 defeats in 7 have soured things somewhat recently for the bees and the Trophy offers a welcome distraction from this. With injuries now starting to take hold we will be down to the bare bones on Saturday and it is to be hoped that we can scrape through somehow on another plastic pitch against what is likely to be a niggly team. You would like to think that with the bees being at the sharp end of the season and with two routes to Wembley TK would invest in the team as we lost both our captain and vice captain to injury but sadly we know better with TK's long term vision not going beyond the end of his nose.

In terms of team lineup apparently we have suffered further injury setbacks so this is the team I would be going with.

-------------------------------Walker------------------------------

----------------Woods---------Okimo----------Potter-------------

---De Havilland------Armstrong---Pritchard-----Beard--------

----------Kanu---------------Kabamba-------------Moyo-----------

Subs: Callan, Flanagan, Hall, Loza, Connor Smith

I am missing this one as I am away this weekend. Hoping we can overcome our quarter final hoodoo and progress.

For those going by train you can get the train from St Pancras to Maidstone Barracks with a change at Strood or go via the slow line from London Bridge to Maidstone East.

For those travelling hope you have a good day and that any streaming arrangements work for those unable to attend.

COYBS
pgbee

Re: Maidstone United (Away) The Hakan Hope Match Thread

"Sadly we know better with TK's long term vision not going beyond the end of his nose."

Great line! Reminds me of the QF at Nuneaton when Barry Fry named himself as sub and came on for I think his only BFC appearance. We had that many injuries then.
Tickets

We have now sold 320 tickets
Sam_BFC

Isn't John Still pounding the streets of Southend?
PBBee

Bee_Forever wrote:Hoof..... Saturday sees the Bees continue their Trophy Campaign away to managerless Maidhoof United.

George Ekolobi has taken over from Hakan Hayrettin with Maidstone rooted to the bottom of the National League and seemingly hopelessly adrift. Their recent league form is not pretty reading with only a shock away win at the Shitfires in the cup to offer some solace.

Maidstone has been one of those enclaves of ex-bees in recent years and at one point had Hayrettin, Still, Amaluzor, Barham, Hoyte and Binnom-Williams on the books at the same time. With the manager gone and Tyrannosaurus Still now pounding the streets of Dagenham we will be faced with just the QE2 and Jack Barham on Saturday by the looks of things.

5 defeats in 7 have soured things somewhat recently for the bees and the Trophy offers a welcome distraction from this. With injuries now starting to take hold we will be down to the bare bones on Saturday and it is to be hoped that we can scrape through somehow on another plastic pitch against what is likely to be a niggly team. You would like to think that with the bees being at the sharp end of the season and with two routes to Wembley TK would invest in the team as we lost both our captain and vice captain to injury but sadly we know better with TK's long term vision not going beyond the end of his nose.

In terms of team lineup apparently we have suffered further injury setbacks so this is the team I would be going with.

I am missing this one as I am away this weekend. Hoping we can overcome our quarter final hoodoo and progress.

For those going by train you can get the train from St Pancras to Maidstone Barracks with a change at Strood or go via the slow line from London Bridge to Maidstone East.

For those travelling hope you have a good day and that any streaming arrangements work for those unable to attend.

COYBS
Have we really got that manny missing?

Wynter, Collinge, Diarra, Gorman, Smith & Senior??
jerroll

PBBee wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 18:38
Bee_Forever wrote:Hoof..... Saturday sees the Bees continue their Trophy Campaign away to managerless Maidhoof United.

COYBS

And our 3rd round winning goalscorer!!
PBBee

jerroll wrote:

COYBS

Powell lol? I didn’t include him or Revan who are barely ever fit.
jerroll

PBBee wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 21:29
jerroll wrote:

COYBS

Powell lol? I didn’t include him or Revan who are barely ever fit.
its better described as being between injuries rather than being fit!
Reckless

Mr Duku left about 3 years ago.
PBBee

Reckless wrote: 10 Mar 2023, 06:34 Have we really got that manny missing?

Mr Duku left about 3 years ago.
Oops! A slow day Mr Reckless?

But seriously - surely they're not all out.
timbee

If you are planning to go tickets are only on sale until 5.00pm today (Friday).

https://www.barnetfc.com/ticket-news-ma ... rter-final

(Posted in both relevant threads)
Look up, look up, look up now,
It's a long way down
2002-3 Prediction League Champion
Roy57

Last I heard was we had sold around 350-400 so around 150-200 short of our allowance, why clubs refuse to allow entry on the day especially home fans I find baffling, not to mention vastly annoying, if you check out attendances and with prior tickets there are large number of people who actually turn up and pay on the day at the turnstyles, did not realise there was so many clubs in the National league that must have more money than there letting on to refuse and turn supporters away like this.
jerroll

Say you are working and have no internet access, originally tickets were due to come off sale at 1pm tomorrow & had decided to sort tonight after work you will be screwed! BFC completely blameless just in case anyone thinks it a pop at our club!
BGr

jerroll wrote: 10 Mar 2023, 15:33 Say you are working and have no internet access, originally tickets were due to come off sale at 1pm tomorrow & had decided to sort tonight after work you will be screwed! BFC completely blameless just in case anyone thinks it a pop at our club!
Can only imagine we are getting very close to selling the 500 allocation and they don’t want people travelling without tickets on the day. Otherwise surely bringing the deadline forward is just turning their nose up at potential income for no reason.

400+ it’s looking like tomorrow, should be very noisy.
becbee

Roy57 wrote: 10 Mar 2023, 15:21 Last I heard was we had sold around 350-400 so around 150-200 short of our allowance, why clubs refuse to allow entry on the day especially home fans I find baffling, not to mention vastly annoying, if you check out attendances and with prior tickets there are large number of people who actually turn up and pay on the day at the turnstyles, did not realise there was so many clubs in the National league that must have more money than there letting on to refuse and turn supporters away like this.
Dorking took tickets off sale at 6pm on Tuesday, didn't prevent them not realising that there was too many of us to fit into their away area. It was chaos until a steward was finally persuaded to open part of the terrace behind the goal which was empty!

I don't know about Dorking but Maidstone are still selling home tickets tomorrow. So you have the crazy situation that away fans who turn up without a ticket tomorrow, even if there is space in the away end won't be allowed in there but could decide to go in the home end. Which, let's face it, you probably would seeing as you'd travelled. Just have to keep quiet!