Notts County (Hive) The Playoff Preview Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Notts County (Hive) The Playoff Preview Match Thread

So...... Saturday sees the bees take on promotion chasing Nott$ County in what promises to be a very tough bananarama fixture.

Notts' recent form would be considered to be good with 10 points from their last 5 games. But in a ludicrous season where both of the top two teams should finish on over 100 points this actually has the effect of being a minislump with Mickey Mouse FC picking up 13 points during the same period. With no-one able to stop Ivor The Engine's unstoppable and media adored train in running for the title, Notts fans are having to start to reconcile themselves with another grim playoff fight.

With Notts Landing in the playoffs this does present a bit of a challenge for Barnet in terms of our promotion aspirations but as we saw at Meadow Lane, at least for 60 minutes, we are not the same team who got wiped out by all and sundry last season. The only concern is that while Notts have Longstaff, we have no staff as our hectic schedule takes it's toll on the 13 or so selectable players in our first team. While some may dub a game against Robin Hood FC as a "Free Hit" this is gisborne out of a lack of ambition in my view and I am sure that the players don't scarlet easily. While Wrexham have rejuvenated their fortunes by marian the glitz and glamour of a Hollywood a-lister with Disney documentary money, Notts County are relying on a benefactor to keep them going also with massive debts and and overstuffed first team squad.

What worries me is that while I think we have 9 or 10 players who can give Notts a game, we cannot rely on the likes of Woods and Flanagan who were largely passengers against Yeovil and I don't think we will see any of our injured players back, although hopefully with a bit of luck some of them will return against the 85%ers.

In terms of team lineup while the absence of Gorman makes me want to bolster the defense looking at who we have available I don't think this will work so I think on this occasion attach may be the best form of defense.

-----------------------------------Walker---------------------------------

----Cropper---------Potter----------Diarra---------Okimo-------------

-------------------De Havilland-----Pritchard---------------------------

----Moyo---------------------Woods--------------------------Kanu-------

-------------------------------Kabamba------------------------------------

Subs: Callan, Flanagan, Hall, Armstrong, Revan, C. Smith

I am doing this one. Hoping we can upset the apple cart and put a stake in the ground for the playoffs.

COYBS :y:
Last edited by Bee_Forever on 17 Mar 2023, 09:33, edited 1 time in total.
becbee

Re: Notts County (Hive) The Playoff Preview Match Thread

You've given us 6 subs!
djhdjh

Does Connor Smith really count, though?
Bee_Forever

Ha ha. I am just delighted I could find 6 players to put on the bench without resorting to two keepers (well one abd a half)I guess if Revan is not fit then Smith can take his place on the bench as a nominal sub.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

bfc_mo

Bee_Forever wrote: 17 Mar 2023, 10:47 Ha ha. I am just delighted I could find 6 players to put on the bench without resorting to two keepers (well one abd a half)I guess if Revan is not fit then Smith can take his place on the bench as a nominal sub.

What about Loza?
WillesdenBee

bfc_mo wrote: 17 Mar 2023, 10:48
Bee_Forever wrote: 17 Mar 2023, 10:47 Ha ha. I am just delighted I could find 6 players to put on the bench without resorting to two keepers (well one abd a half)I guess if Revan is not fit then Smith can take his place on the bench as a nominal sub.

What about Loza?
Nowhere near fit or good enough for us unfortunately. Doubt we will see him again.
Bee_Forever

Given our injuries I expect to see him get a sprinker...sorry sprinkling of games before the season is out. But yes another one I missed instead of Connor Smith!

Basically a poor man's Kanu and like Moyo the best that tightwad Tony was willing to fund until Brennan was able to persuade him otherwise

amberforever

I’m trying to think of the guy who was badly injured at Stockport last season. Is he ok now or still with us? Cue: J.
#Beebot

amberforever wrote:I’m trying to think of the guy who was badly injured at Stockport last season. Is he ok now or still with us? Cue: J.
Joe Widdowson, he was released in the summer and hasn't played since
amberforever

Thanks. Terrible injury wasn’t it. Put him clean out of the game then.
JWTBee

Has anyone calculated how many tickets have been sold to Notts County? It seems to be most of Blocks A,B &C.
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
11bee717

JWTBee wrote: 17 Mar 2023, 16:23 Has anyone calculated how many tickets have been sold to Notts County? It seems to be most of Blocks A,B &C.
Legends A: 33
Legends B: 389
Legends C: 288
Legends D: 388
Legends E: 137

HB:91
Total: 1235
Notts total: 991
Tickets

Total home 1326
JWTBee

I make the Notts total 966 but I may well be wrong!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
Roy57

What walk up's do we usually get, in some games must be around 350. So if close should be good Atmosphere. COYBs