Wealdstone (Away) The Match Thread on the Fence

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
CrawleyBee

Re: Wealdstone (Away) The Match Thread on the Fence

hoofer2 wrote: 26 Mar 2023, 16:29 Great win in ridiculously windy conditions. Made our usual passing game very different to play in first half. I was surprised how long it took the team to realise channeling play down Kanu's side was not getting anywhere as wind kept blowing ball to the touchline.

Powell had a really good game and was my MoM. His reading of where ball would land was good - stopped a number of potential attacks / got control of ball back for bees. His strength trapping the ball in 18 yard box and holding of Wealdstone defence was great.

I hope Potter did not sustain a long term injury. He is clearly enjoying his time with the bees and improves each game. I sat next to his mum, and said she must be very proud out what he has achieved so far. I asked does he want to stay next year too - who knows?

What a keeper Laurie Walker is. Love it when they took a shot that ballooned miles wide - he then dived for it 5 seconds later. Also when he skyrocketed the ball out of play / the ground when bees player went down in second half.

Impressive catering compared to the sterile hospital food that is still being served at The Hive around Legends. Thought the stewards were good too.

For those who did not go, this is the impressive view on walk to away turnstile...

20230325_133939.jpg
Stewards were nice tbf, step mum took it square in the face in the warm up and they were great. She’s okay fortunately.
Formerly Watfordbee
bfc_mo

CrawleyBee wrote: 26 Mar 2023, 16:32
hoofer2 wrote: 26 Mar 2023, 16:29 Great win in ridiculously windy conditions. Made our usual passing game very different to play in first half. I was surprised how long it took the team to realise channeling play down Kanu's side was not getting anywhere as wind kept blowing ball to the touchline.

Powell had a really good game and was my MoM. His reading of where ball would land was good - stopped a number of potential attacks / got control of ball back for bees. His strength trapping the ball in 18 yard box and holding of Wealdstone defence was great.

I hope Potter did not sustain a long term injury. He is clearly enjoying his time with the bees and improves each game. I sat next to his mum, and said she must be very proud out what he has achieved so far. I asked does he want to stay next year too - who knows?

What a keeper Laurie Walker is. Love it when they took a shot that ballooned miles wide - he then dived for it 5 seconds later. Also when he skyrocketed the ball out of play / the ground when bees player went down in second half.

Impressive catering compared to the sterile hospital food that is still being served at The Hive around Legends. Thought the stewards were good too.

For those who did not go, this is the impressive view on walk to away turnstile...

20230325_133939.jpg
Stewards were nice tbf, step mum took it square in the face in the warm up and they were great. She’s okay fortunately.
I saw that, and the Wealdstone player asked her if she was ok
CrawleyBee

bfc_mo wrote: 26 Mar 2023, 16:34 [quote=CrawleyBee post_id=350676 time=<a href="tel:1679848344">1679848344</a> user_id=106]
[quote=hoofer2 post_id=350674 time=<a href="tel:1679848171">1679848171</a> user_id=242]
Great win in ridiculously windy conditions. Made our usual passing game very different to play in first half. I was surprised how long it took the team to realise channeling play down Kanu's side was not getting anywhere as wind kept blowing ball to the touchline.

20230325_133939.jpg
[/quote]

I saw that, and the Wealdstone player asked her if she was ok
[/quote]

Yes total accident, dealt with well by all. Stick her at centre half.
Formerly Watfordbee
hoofer2

20230325_133939.jpg
Please your mum is ok. Looked very nasty - especially as I know how painful it can be when it hits glasses. Hope your mum did not get any post match headache as can get delayed reaction on a head injury
CrawleyBee

hoofer2 wrote: 26 Mar 2023, 16:40 [quote=CrawleyBee post_id=350676 time=<a href="tel:1679848344">1679848344</a> user_id=106]
[quote=hoofer2 post_id=350674 time=<a href="tel:1679848171">1679848171</a> user_id=242]
Great win in ridiculously windy conditions. Made our usual passing game very different to play in first half. I was surprised how long it took the team to realise channeling play down Kanu's side was not getting anywhere as wind kept blowing ball to the touchline.

20230325_133939.jpg
[/quote]

Please your mum is ok. Looked very nasty - especially as I know how painful it can be when it hits glasses. Hope your mum did not get any post match headache as can get delayed reaction on a head injury
[/quote]

Fortunately she was fine just shaken up at the time, no glasses on too. It’s an issue at tight grounds like yesterday, happens way too often.
Formerly Watfordbee
thebeekeeper

becbee wrote: 26 Mar 2023, 07:29 I'd have thought Kabamba was paid more than that, he certainly could earn more than that elsewhere - but quite honestly, seeing as Wealdstone are one of only 2 part time clubs in NL, I'd have thought most /all NL clubs had players who are paid more than theirs.

Pure sour grapes but what else do we expect from them?
I very much doubt Kabamba is on anything close to 1.5k a week. Even when we were in League Two - to the best of my knowledge - John Akinde was the only player commanding that kind of salary. My suspicion is that most players in the current squad are paid quite a lot less than you would think.
letchbee94

Once we went ahead yesterday I felt confident we would hold on, Liked the look of Fernandez when he came on.

Got a great set of players.
letchbee94

adher36 wrote: 26 Mar 2023, 00:52 Managers often get absolutely ridiculed when results don't go their team's way.

So a massive shout out and congratulations to our fantastic gaffer who quite simply is doing a phenomenal job to rebuild our club and bring the good times back. He deserves all the plaudits and credit that he gets. A truly phenomenal human being too. Long may he continue at the helm.
Totally agree.
amberforever

hoofer2 wrote: 26 Mar 2023, 16:40

20230325_133939.jpg
Same here. Good to hear she is ok. Horrible thing to have happen. I had the same thing at the Northampton ground when we lost and went down. Glasses broken unfortunately. The club didn’t want to know about it at all.
TottenhamBee

Thoroughly enjoyed the game yesterday. Great atmosphere in a packed Isthmian League ground. Aldershite, Loootun, and Maidenheads grounds are just as bad/worse than the Stones ground. I actually quite like it. Proper old School. At least you can stand, unlike at the depressingly poor Hive...
We weren't good in the first half, slightly better in the second. We were clinical and better in the box. I thought the Stones played nice footie, but with no end product.
Agree with CrawleyBee, Powell was excellent, a MOM performance. Walker is a top chap, and gave the little boys in hoodies at the side of the ground some proper stick.
Liked Fernandez too, impressive first game, and BIG too, which is an added bonus. Looks like he can play a bit, like the rest of our technically good/ball playing defenders (Collinge/Okimo).
Can't praise Okimo enough. What a fantastic, super consistent addition to Barnet FC.
Onwards and upwards.
COYB's
shankbee01

TottenhamBee wrote:Thoroughly enjoyed the game yesterday. Great atmosphere in a packed Isthmian League ground. Aldershite, Loootun, and Maidenheads grounds are just as bad/worse than the Stones ground. I actually quite like it. Proper old School. At least you can stand, unlike at the depressingly poor Hive...
We weren't good in the first half, slightly better in the second. We were clinical and better in the box. I thought the Stones played nice footie, but with no end product.
Agree with CrawleyBee, Powell was excellent, a MOM performance. Walker is a top chap, and gave the little boys in hoodies at the side of the ground some proper stick.
Liked Fernandez too, impressive first game, and BIG too, which is an added bonus. Looks like he can play a bit, like the rest of our technically good/ball playing defenders (Collinge/Okimo).
Can't praise Okimo enough. What a fantastic, super consistent addition to Barnet FC.
Onwards and upwards.
COYB's
I would go with proper crap over proper old school but different strokes and all that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tonbridgebee

thebeekeeper wrote: 26 Mar 2023, 16:47
becbee wrote: 26 Mar 2023, 07:29 I'd have thought Kabamba was paid more than that, he certainly could earn more than that elsewhere - but quite honestly, seeing as Wealdstone are one of only 2 part time clubs in NL, I'd have thought most /all NL clubs had players who are paid more than theirs.

Pure sour grapes but what else do we expect from them?
I very much doubt Kabamba is on anything close to 1.5k a week. Even when we were in League Two - to the best of my knowledge - John Akinde was the only player commanding that kind of salary. My suspicion is that most players in the current squad are paid quite a lot less than you would think.
Correct.
becbee

john dockers shorts wrote: 26 Mar 2023, 12:33
becbee wrote: 26 Mar 2023, 11:53
john dockers shorts wrote: 26 Mar 2023, 10:50 Controversial as it seems, I love going to this kind of ground, packed in decent atmosphere. Only once a season. I felt like I was watching football in 1988...just needed Smith to enter the playing field...Herbie!
Each to their own. Personally I prefer to watch my football without being squashed and at times struggling to see (you're doubtless taller than me so don't have that problem!). As for decent atmosphere, wasn't one of our fans racially abused yesterday and smoke bombs thrown?

Good for you! I sat in the seats behind the goal plenty of room.

Are you asking me to confirm if one of our fans was racially abused. Yes I saw on Twitter.

You obviously didn't watch the game as you would of seen quite clearly 2 orange smoke bombs lobbed. However I can confirm it happened.

You should go Kenilworth Road it would blow your mind!
Yes, I was aware of the 2 smoke bombs.

I've been to Kenilworth Road several times, thank you. Horrible ground but IMO the away end was better than Wealdstone's.
DerekRocholl

becbee wrote: 26 Mar 2023, 20:12
john dockers shorts wrote: 26 Mar 2023, 12:33
becbee wrote: 26 Mar 2023, 11:53
john dockers shorts wrote: 26 Mar 2023, 10:50 Controversial as it seems, I love going to this kind of ground, packed in decent atmosphere. Only once a season. I felt like I was watching football in 1988...just needed Smith to enter the playing field...Herbie!
Each to their own. Personally I prefer to watch my football without being squashed and at times struggling to see (you're doubtless taller than me so don't have that problem!). As for decent atmosphere, wasn't one of our fans racially abused yesterday and smoke bombs thrown?

Good for you! I sat in the seats behind the goal plenty of room.

Are you asking me to confirm if one of our fans was racially abused. Yes I saw on Twitter.

You obviously didn't watch the game as you would of seen quite clearly 2 orange smoke bombs lobbed. However I can confirm it happened.

You should go Kenilworth Road it would blow your mind!
Yes, I was aware of the 2 smoke bombs.

I've been to Kenilworth Road several times, thank you. Horrible ground but IMO the away end was better than Wealdstone's.
If you aren’t small the seats at Kenilworth Road are only slightly less uncomfortable than those in the front row of the away stand at Cheltenham. I would take a terrace like the one we had yesterday in preference every time.

Combined with the result and the atmosphere our supporters created it made for the best match day experience I’ve had this season.
thefootballtrimmings

Great atmosphere and result on Saturday. Lovely to see so many bees behind the goal and it felt like there were a lot of new faces there. I hope many enjoyed the experience and return in the future.

A friend of a friend is a big Wealdstone fan and explained their stadium situation. Only got a 5 year lease so FL wouldn't allow them promotion (need minimum 10). The freeholders want to build houses but that area is strictly for sporting use. Club seem stuck and being also part-time has it's disadvantages. Fair play they've got this far up the ladder considering.

Bring on Woking!
Check out my football blog (which includes a fair amount of Barnet FC!) https://www.thefootballtrimmings.com