Wrexham (Hive) The Suffolk Hating Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Wrexham (Hive) The Suffolk Hating Match Thread

So...... Saturday sees the Bees travel to TK's Wedding Chapel as we visit London Welsh in our latest Bananarama Fixture.

After a gut wrenchingly awful performance at Maidstone I can only hope that we find a gear and some players to take on the sheepshaggers in the same way as we have stood toe to toe with Notts County and Chesterfield at the Hive.

For Wrexham the win against Notts County means that their Hollywood story of redemption moved one step closer. In this story Wrexham are protagonists who have a premier league and England international keeper and a squad of league 1 players on league 1 wages. It is not so much a story of a plucky underdog but of a massive brutalizing force of attack hounds sweeping away opposition which is hopelessly outmatched to meet their financial power. It is a matter of deep irony that this is being covered on Disney + who have taken a similar approach to their broadcasting rivals.

Wrexham's promotion has all the romance of a trip to McDonalds and the only small crumb of comfort is that along with the pathetic glory hunters there are supporters who have followed the club all their lives who will see their club finally return to the league at the 15th time of asking. For them I am happy. Ewe know who you are.

In Canada the main breeds of sheep are Dorset and Suffolk and while Wrexham are the team with the Golden Fleece I am not looking forward to being Suffolkated in the Legends stand with a bunch of part time fans and I can't believe the club would endorset. I hope we can fix our leeky defence and show a rarebit of strength to pull off an upset.

Team wise I don't think we can afford to carry any players for this one which rules out Powell and Woods. This is the team I would go with:-

-------------------------------------Walker---------------------------------

-----------------Collinge----------Okimo--------Potter-------------------

---Wynter-----------Gorman-----------Pritchard------------Beard-------

------------De Havilland----------Kabamba-------------Kanu--------------

Subs: Callan, Fernandez, Armstrong, Moyo, Powell

I am doing this one. Feeling a bit grumpy about the late announced early start so can only imagine how the Wrexham fans travelling from Liverpool must feel.

COYBS
Roy57

Re: Wrexham (Hive) The Suffolk Hating Match Thread

Did not want to do a separate thread but us t a mention about Gateshead, last night they beat Eastleigh 2-5 and this was there FOURTH game in nine days, scoring twelve goals and conceding just two, there sixth league win on the trot, seven straight wins if including there win against us which they had to make five first team changes, very impressive to say the least.
Roy57

Bee_Forever wrote: 13 Apr 2023, 09:30
In this story Wrexham are protagonists who have a premier league and England international keeper and a squad of league 1 players on league 1 wages. It is not so much a story of a plucky underdog but of a massive brutalizing force of attack hounds sweeping away opposition which is hopelessly outmatched to meet their financial power.

If any club were lucky enough to somehow find themselves having the owners that Wrexham have then nobody would be moaning, but just don't understand how financial fair play works anymore, would like to know the wages they have given Ben Foster to get him out of retirement, plus the reported wages of at least 5 or 6 others, how does this meet with financial fair play, when there wage bill alone forgetting the cost of bringing in players like Mullin who cost a reported £300,000.And is on again reported wage of around £6,000 to £8,000 per week. No team can compete with this kind of outlay.
amberforever

“Suffolkated in the Legends”

Love it.
Norfolkbee

I see this as a free hit game. We are probably written off already by "the experts", but we need to go into it without fear, press and harry them and make sure that our chances are put away. It probably stands for nowt now, but we did stick five past them when we were playing absolute shite and defending like clowns. No other team has done that this season.
North Finchley Bee

Loved this thread opener. It may have a slight feel of an away fixture.. Certainly it will be tough, but Halifax showed what could be done, neutralising Lee, and if we have our best team out, which the above probably is bar Cropper, we are in with a shout of neutralising their shear power and stop them fleecing us.
wearebees

I'd love to know if any of the injured players, especially stikers, are back for this, but equally think we should keep all team news quiet. Let's hope Kabamba is in the teamsheet, and finally a week with no Tuesday game can help our energy levels.

Really looking forward to this. It's always great to see the Hive full, it should be a wonderful occasion. Wrexham fans are great to listen to as well, the Welsh really can sing!
becbee

wearebees wrote: 13 Apr 2023, 10:42 I'd love to know if any of the injured players, especially stikers, are back for this, but equally think we should keep all team news quiet. Let's hope Kabamba is in the teamsheet, and finally a week with no Tuesday game can help our energy levels.

Really looking forward to this. It's always great to see the Hive full, it should be a wonderful occasion. Wrexham fans are great to listen to as well, the Welsh really can sing!
Let's just hope that we don't give them anything to sing about.

These match day threads are so educational, whoever knew about breeds of Canadian sheep? I'm visiting Canada during the close season, must remember to look out for these sheep.

At least it should be more entertaining than York and Maidstone away. Although hopefully better defending than Wrexham away!
john dockers shorts

Bit harsh calling Barnet fans pathetic glory hunters 🤣
HertsBee

Roy57 wrote: 13 Apr 2023, 09:55
Bee_Forever wrote: 13 Apr 2023, 09:30
In this story Wrexham are protagonists who have a premier league and England international keeper and a squad of league 1 players on league 1 wages. It is not so much a story of a plucky underdog but of a massive brutalizing force of attack hounds sweeping away opposition which is hopelessly outmatched to meet their financial power.

If any club were lucky enough to somehow find themselves having the owners that Wrexham have then nobody would be moaning, but just don't understand how financial fair play works anymore, would like to know the wages they have given Ben Foster to get him out of retirement, plus the reported wages of at least 5 or 6 others, how does this meet with financial fair play, when there wage bill alone forgetting the cost of bringing in players like Mullin who cost a reported £300,000.And is on again reported wage of around £6,000 to £8,000 per week. No team can compete with this kind of outlay.
Foster came out of retirement for Hotel/Travel expenses only, oh and 23k per week.
thefootballtrimmings

Hilarious introduction and spot on about Wrexham.

This is no fairy tale story by any means but fair play for bringing unseen levels of attention to the National League.
Check out my football blog (which includes a fair amount of Barnet FC!) https://www.thefootballtrimmings.com
hoofer2

I'd prioritise Solihull over this game and would not play Kabamba to ensure fit for Tuesday. Not sure trying to go toe to toe in this one is realistic if could, not manage it in. last few fixtures.

This is a free hit - but think having strongest team available in last 3 games is priority. A gritty draw is a possibility and in spite of the Maidstone scoreline, there were alot of tasty corners delivered into box. Need the centre halfs on the end of these in absence of Kabamba / Smith
BGr

Hopefully both Nicke and big H are fit. Would give Deano several options and would mean we could “change shape” if by some miracle we acquire a lead to defend
BeesKnees99

hoofer2 wrote:I'd prioritise Solihull over this game and would not play Kabamba to ensure fit for Tuesday. Not sure trying to go toe to toe in this one is realistic if could, not manage it in. last few fixtures.

This is a free hit - but think having strongest team available in last 3 games is priority. A gritty draw is a possibility and in spite of the Maidstone scoreline, there were alot of tasty corners delivered into box. Need the centre halfs on the end of these in absence of Kabamba / Smith
I’d be extremely disappointed if neither Kabamba / Smith started. Would short-change Bees fans like myself hoping for some semblance of a contest.
North Finchley Bee

Agree with BeesKnees99. Given the stats in another thread, and their recent performances, I think we could give them a contest if we had our best team out.