Transfer Targets??

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
WillesdenBee

Transfer Targets??

Let’s get this started then. Any names people would like to see in a Barnet shirt? In my opinion, we have to do what we can to bring in Southends better players given they’re still not being paid and have ANOTHER winding up order issued. Noor Husin is one I really like. I’d also like to go after Aaron Jarvis from Torquay and Ollie Harfield from Aldershot.
Tuesds

Re: Transfer Targets??

WillesdenBee wrote: 04 May 2023, 09:13 Let’s get this started then. Any names people would like to see in a Barnet shirt? In my opinion, we have to do what we can to bring in Southends better players given they’re still not being paid and have ANOTHER winding up order issued. Noor Husin is one I really like. I’d also like to go after Aaron Jarvis from Torquay and Ollie Harfield from Aldershot.
Haven’t seen enough to say whether or not I’d like to see him, but I wonder if Shaun Donnellan of Torquay could be a potential candidate. Born in Barnet. He’s a former Ireland u21 international like previous Brennan signings Connor Smith and Grego Cox, while his 50 appearances this season - the most of all Torquay’s outfield players - will also appeal to Brennan. He’s played in midfield before and has been something of a utility player in his career, but at Torquay he’s settled as a right-sided defender, and could play at centre back or on the right of a back three while also providing cover at right back. He’s under contract for another year at Torquay, but we can offer National League football…

And how about Micah Obiero of Wealdstone? Right-winger/striker. 8 goals in 27 starts mostly from the wing (I think). Don’t know if he’s under contract at Wealdstone, but we can offer full-time football. I mention him because Brennan commented on how he’d given us problems in his post-match interview after Wealdstone away. We know that the management team all take note of who they consider to be the best three players from the opposition after every game as part of the recruitment effort, so that suggests Obiero featured in Brennan’s list that day!
Last edited by Tuesds on 04 May 2023, 09:52, edited 1 time in total.
jerroll

Sounds very worrying for Southend, AFC Southend in Essex senior league next season?
rudebwoyben

jerroll wrote: 04 May 2023, 09:50 Sounds very worrying for Southend, AFC Southend in Essex senior league next season?
There’s already Southend Manor in that league!
I like the look of Husin, we don’t really have that sort of player in our squad. Jack Bridge is another one who’s caught my eye.
jerroll

rudebwoyben wrote: 04 May 2023, 09:53
jerroll wrote: 04 May 2023, 09:50 Sounds very worrying for Southend, AFC Southend in Essex senior league next season?
There’s already Southend Manor in that league!
I like the look of Husin, we don’t really have that sort of player in our squad. Jack Bridge is another one who’s caught my eye.
Manor finished bottom so will be in the Eastern senior league south next season!
Would suspect Bridge could go to a league 2 club.
Tuesds

I think we tried to sign Husin before Southend did, didn’t we? Or at least enquired, so it was said at the time.

If Southend are having a fire sale, they’ve got a lot of players it’d be worth a look at. Harry Cardwell has always looked like a decent big man up front to me, and could be a good option if Harry Smith is staying in the football league.

Yes, Jack Bridge will surely go to a bigger payer than us, probably in a higher league too. Cav Miley seems to be their other stand-out player this season, winning their player of the year award, and he and Harry Pritchard could resume the midfield partnership they had at Eastleigh. Like Bridge I suspect he’d be in serious demand, though.
Last edited by Tuesds on 04 May 2023, 10:15, edited 1 time in total.
Beesting

Wouldnt mind us looking Matthew Worthington from Yeovil, always been impressed by him. Tyler Cordner but I can imagine he'll go into the EFL
Ajtheone04

Tuesds wrote: 04 May 2023, 09:49
WillesdenBee wrote: 04 May 2023, 09:13 Let’s get this started then. Any names people would like to see in a Barnet shirt? In my opinion, we have to do what we can to bring in Southends better players given they’re still not being paid and have ANOTHER winding up order issued. Noor Husin is one I really like. I’d also like to go after Aaron Jarvis from Torquay and Ollie Harfield from Aldershot.
Haven’t seen enough to say whether or not I’d like to see him, but I wonder if Shaun Donnellan of Torquay could be a potential candidate. Born in Barnet. He’s a former Ireland u21 international like previous Brennan signings Connor Smith and Grego Cox, while his 50 appearances this season - the most of all Torquay’s outfield players - will also appeal to Brennan. He’s played in midfield before and has been something of a utility player in his career, but at Torquay he’s settled as a right-sided defender, and could play at centre back or on the right of a back three while also providing cover at right back. He’s under contract for another year at Torquay, but we can offer National League football…

And how about Micah Obiero of Wealdstone? Right-winger/striker. 8 goals in 27 starts mostly from the wing (I think). Don’t know if he’s under contract at Wealdstone, but we can offer full-time football. I mention him because Brennan commented on how he’d given us problems in his post-match interview after Wealdstone away. We know that the management team all take note of who they consider to be the best three players from the opposition after every game as part of the recruitment effort, so that suggests Obiero featured in Brennan’s list that day!
Completely agree with everything you've said about Donnellan, I thought he was okay when Torquay came to the Hive as well.
But, he has been confirmed as under contract by Torquay so a fee may be required.
becbee

Southend have had countless Winding Up Orders, the fact they've now got another changes nothing. It's just the way their Chairman works.
When HMRC enters debts into Court, the debt outstanding on their records at that date is what will go to Court. The fact that by the time the hearing takes place, more debts have accrued is irrelevant. So when it's announced that all debts have been paid, that's not actually true - it's just the debts entered into Court that have been paid, the subsequent ones haven't.
So then HMRC arranges for the next debts to be entered into Court and the whole cycle starts anew.
The Government should legislate to stop companies repeatedly playing the system - which is costing the taxpayer a fortune in delayed payment and HMRC administration costs- but don't get me started on that.
jerroll

becbee wrote: 04 May 2023, 10:29 Southend have had countless Winding Up Orders, the fact they've now got another changes nothing. It's just the way their Chairman works.
When HMRC enters debts into Court, the debt outstanding on their records at that date is what will go to Court. The fact that by the time the hearing takes place, more debts have accrued is irrelevant. So when it's announced that all debts have been paid, that's not actually true - it's just the debts entered into Court that have been paid, the subsequent ones haven't.
So then HMRC arranges for the next debts to be entered into Court and the whole cycle starts anew.
The Government should legislate to stop companies repeatedly playing the system - which is costing the taxpayer a fortune in delayed payment and HMRC administration costs- but don't get me started on that.
They had to get a bridging loan to pay previous debt, these are usually very short term funding so will need to repay that as well as HMRC. The national league have a habit of ignoring these things then expelling clubs in the closed season - Hereford, Northwich, Barrow & Rushden spring to mind - only Rushden of those folded without playing another game.
Tuesds

John Dreyer’s son Sam, a centre back, played in pre-season friendlies for us last summer, before going on to sign for Bedford Town. On the strength of his form for them he was signed by Peterborough in January on an 18 month Professional Development Contract as an u21, and then loaned back to Bedford for the remainder of the season.

Now that he’s had a year at Step 3 of non league, I wonder if Posh will be looking to loan him out to a friendly club at a higher level?

Meanwhile with him being a year older and with a full year’s experience of senior football, we might think he’s ready for the National League now.
11bee717

Ogle from Scunny, Booty from Maidstone (although I think he’s off to Oldham) I’m a fan of Jack Senior from Halifax too.
Last edited by 11bee717 on 04 May 2023, 11:46, edited 1 time in total.
hoofer2

Remember impact of Cook, MacDonald, Breen etc.

Of course focus on up and coming talent, but having experience is important too.

A midfield general + winger with guile and good delivery would be great
Shmulib100

If Southend do get removed from the league, would Torquay get a reprieve?
rudebwoyben

I’d think so. This sort of situation has happened before in the National League and clubs have been reprieved from relegation, Altrincham and FGR being the prime beneficiaries!