Easy money….

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoppy

Re: Easy money….

No joy at Alty, so onwards and upwards.
Or is it onwards and downwards?

Tuesdays game at The Hive versus the Daggers does not inspire me with confidence. Our last six games against them has seen six defeats. Prior to that in the previous six games before that dismal run we held the upper hand with five wins and a draw.

So what about our respective preparations leading up to this game?
Well, apart from illness in our camp, our two best players out with long term injuries, a 400 mile round trip to Altrincham on Saturday to get outplayed and beaten on a bog of a pitch, all is good for the Bees!!

And the Daggers?
A full week off after their 4 4 draw at Ebbsfleet. Probably some light training, a massage or two from their physios and a bit of time spent manicuring their toe nails.

Hmmm. I think you can see where I am coming from here.

Bees win 3/4
Daggers win 17/5
Draw 3/1

I am giving the home win a swerve, but if you do not share my pessimism I wish you the very best of luck.
letchbee94

You say about the previous 6 games but 4 of those games was when we had rubbish teams and that last game of the season we put our '2nd string' team out as we had the play off game next.
beew

Daggers are shortening in price, after Saturday.

Barnet 5/6
Draw 29/10
Daggers 31/10
hoppy

Well, we got the three points on Tuesday and my pessimism got me nothing. C’est la vie.
I am a little bit more confident for the Radcliffe game but the odds on offer are not that great. Radcliffe are no mugs and their pitch looks pretty awful so we will have to work hard for the win.

Radcliffe win 16/5
Bees win 8/11
Draw 16/5

This game could go to penalties, I hope our boys have been practising them, preferably not on our Astro pitch, but rather on someone’s allotment.

Good luck all.
hoppy

Chesterfield are a mere 12 points ahead of 2nd place Bromley, 13points ahead of us, and with a game in hand.
Their attack is potent, 68 goals in 27 games with 34 goals conceded. Who cares if you concede goals when you score more than the opposition? (He’s fat, he’s round, he bounces on the ground, Barry Fry).
I digress.
The point is, can we beat Chesterfield on Saturday?
Well, the bookies think not, BUT money is going on to Barnet now, best price 2/1 with Bet365 and the Spirites are on a bit of a drift.

Bees win 2/1
Spirites win 5/4
Draw 5/2

Im going for it!! A small wager on the home win.

Good luck all.
hoppy

Bees odds are on the drift for the Oldham game. The home side are the favourites and anyone who saw them rip us apart earlier in the season will not argue with that. Hopefully our defence will not be so adventurous this time around and do what they should do. Defend!

Latics win 6/4
Bees win 17/10
Draw 5/2

This is a difficult fixture and I would not be upset with a draw.
hoppy

After conceding two penalties at Oldham on Tuesday our priority, surely, against Gateshead is to keep a clean sheet. Do that and we can get back on track and go into next week’s home game against Wealdstone with confidence. If more balls end up in the back of our net on Saturday I fear for us in our local derby.

Local derby it isn’t this Saturday. Another long trek for players and fans.Unlike the Altrincham game surely the team will travel up tonight. That will help our cause for the three points.

It’s tight with the bookies.

Gateshead win 6/4
Bees win 31/20 (with Coral) several others offer 6/4.
Draw 14/5

Gateshead are currently in a bit of a bad run so if our odds drift out a bit during the game I might take advantage.

Good luck all.
hoppy

A local derby on Saturday against our very good friends from Ruislip. I am still losing sleep from our defeat at their place a few weeks back.

In the form table the Stones sit proudly in 3rd spot. The Bees are in 11th (3 defeats in our last 4 league games). We will very likely be missing our four most influential players so one would assume that anyone thinking of a punt on the Bees could expect reasonable odds from the bookies.
Yes? Well, actually the answer to that question is no!

Bees win 4/7
Stones win 9/2
Draw 16/5

My cunning plan is to have two small wagers on the Draw and the Away then possibly an in-play bet on the Bees if the odds drift out. I am therefore hoping to cover all three eventualities. Oh, you fool, hoppy.

Good luck all.
hoppy

The favourites to lift the FA Trophy (that’s us, folks…11/4) visit the outsiders Welling United (40/1 to be victorious at Wembley)…there can surely be only one outcome tomorrow!

Well you will be forgiven for thinking otherwise if you had seen the bookies odds early this week. Both teams were being touted at 6/4. I was quick to take advantage with a sneaky bet on the Bees. Others must have done the same because the best odds now are….

Welling win 15/8
Bees win 7/5
Draw 13/5

I foresee the Bees price strengthening further so I would suggest you don’t delay too long placing your bet on the away win. Of course, if you think Mr Brennan will do a Chesterfield and select the tea ladies tomorrow then wait until 2.59pm before investing your hard-earned.

Good luck all.
BGr

Odds seem very very long bearing in mind DB’s history of taking the trophy seriously
beew

BGr wrote: 09 Feb 2024, 11:12 Odds seem very very long bearing in mind DB’s history of taking the trophy seriously
That's what I thought, not that I'm a gambler.
hoppy

beew wrote: 09 Feb 2024, 13:00
BGr wrote: 09 Feb 2024, 11:12 Odds seem very very long bearing in mind DB’s history of taking the trophy seriously
That's what I thought, not that I'm a gambler.
Those generous odds now gone.
Just four hours since my original post and ALL bookies are showing odds on for a Bees win.
Welling’s odds are now approaching 3/1.
hoppy

It’s AFC Fylde, currently 17th in the National League versus the Mighty Bees, 3rd in the table.
Ha! Easy away win.
Well let’s hope so, but before you raid the kids’ piggy banks and storm down to Ladbrokes take a quick look at the Form Table.
Fylde sit TOP and the Not So Mighty Bees are 17th.
Hmmm. Time for reflection.

Fylde win 9/5
Bees win 7/5
Draw 3/1

In truth, I would not be unhappy should we return from this game with a draw and a point. 3/1 on the draw is a decent return too.
I urge caution with your punting on this match.

Good luck all.
hoppy

Well I hope you blew caution to the wind on Saturday. A great result for the Bees at what was a potential banana skin game.
And now we must do the same at Aldershot on Tuesday. Can we? The bookies think so!

Shots win 13/5
Bees win Evens ***
Draw 11/4

*** most bookies give us as odds-on. Only Coral are offering Evens, so, if you are confident you now know where to place your wager.

Am I confident in the Bees win? Ermmm….a cautious maybe!

Good luck all.
hoppy

Well the bookies got it wrong on Tuesday, will they get it wrong for our home game against York City on Saturday?
I certainly hope not.

Bees win 4/7
York win 9/2
Draw 16/5

Barnet are 14th in the Form Table (last 6 games) and York are 19th. However those positions mask the fact that Barnet have had only 1 home game out of the 6 (Wealdstone) and York have benefitted from 4 home games from their 6. They did pick up a win at Southend recently but the Shrimpers seem to be in decline at the moment so I would not read too much into that.

So, yes, a home win for me, albeit at miserly odds.

Good luck all.