Dorking (Away) The Dorking Pictures TV Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Dorking (Away) The Dorking Pictures TV Match Thread

So..... Saturday sees the bees heading sarf of the river as we enter leafy Surrey to take on Dorking Wanderers in our latest Bananarama fixture.

After a win on Tuesday where the margin of victory was thinner than TK's excuses for no underhill vote, we find ourselves back where we were, three points off of top and on a great run of results. Their owner and manager Marc White is a bit of a character and I hope that he has found time between managing his club directing it and doing YouTube content to fix the shocker of the away end. Last season we were allocated a dismal corner of the ground with obstructed views crap toilets and cluttered surroundings. The only saving grace was the beer hut. Watching Finley Potter at emergency right back was not much fun and the performance was overall very poor.

This season we face a Dorking side who have overcome a difficult start to sit in 14th with 3 wins in their last 5 games. They lost on Tuesday to Kidderminster which tends to lend credit to Dean Brennan's post match interview at the Harriers. As well as sitting on the edge of Box Hill, Dorking has it's own breed of chicken named after it, the Dorking Fowl. It is the Fylde Foul we had to worry about yesterday with 8 yellow cards and one red and two nasty looking injuries to Oluwu and Hall-Johnson. With Coker also out injured we seem to be out of cluck in defensive positions and Wynter's performance at Rochdale was little to crow about. Given we are in a crock-a-doodle-do situation I would imagine Stevens and Beard will be recalled from their loans to bolster us but we also have to guard against further injuries in our squad given we will be playing on an pitch more plastic than an armchair premier league fan. I hope we can rediscover the eggciting free flowing form from earlier in the season and that Dorking will be left with egg on their faces.

--------------------------------Walker----------------------------------

--------------------Collinge-----Okimo----------Potter---------------

-------Wynter------------------Hartigan------------------Kanu--------

---------------Gorman----------Brunt----------Pritchrd---------------

----------------------------------Kabamba--------------------------------

Subs: Gilmore, Stevens, Armstrong, Stead, Barratt

I am doing this one by train via Redhill and Dorking Deepdene. Hoping to get another three points on the road and banish the memories of last season there.

COYBS.
rudebwoyben

Re: Dorking (Away) The Dorking Pictures TV Match Thread

Dorking have completed work on their end, which is part of the away section - increasing the size of the terrace to a massive 5 steps!
hoofer2

Hope they've changed the awful floodlighting. The floodlight at the Hive with just 5 working bulbs is still brighter
Tickets

How many do we reckon well take
rudebwoyben

No away figure was given for last season’s match but I reckon we took about 200.
11bee717

Tickets wrote: 05 Oct 2023, 09:20 How many do we reckon well take
TorME

Let's hope the Twitter-admin don't use the stupid A-ha-meme!
b4life

With something like 7 matches in last 4 weeks and a few injuries to contend with, it feels to me a little like the period last season when we ran out of steam a little when playing all those rearranged matches. However, with the arrival of Hooper and much more strength in depth, I do feel more confident that we can continue to keep up with the likes of Moneychesterfield and Solihull. Other teams must be feeling it too? Stead has been particularly impressive and Potter did ok on Tuesday.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
eastbarnetsupporter

rudebwoyben wrote: 04 Oct 2023, 17:53 Dorking have completed work on their end, which is part of the away section - increasing the size of the terrace to a massive 5 steps!
Wasn't this in place when we played them away earlier this year? There was a little shed stand in the bottom corner with a couple of steps and a roof.
rudebwoyben

eastbarnetsupporter wrote: 05 Oct 2023, 14:19
rudebwoyben wrote: 04 Oct 2023, 17:53 Dorking have completed work on their end, which is part of the away section - increasing the size of the terrace to a massive 5 steps!
Wasn't this in place when we played them away earlier this year? There was a little shed stand in the bottom corner with a couple of steps and a roof.
No, it wasn’t. We just had that bit down the side, they were doing work behind the goal when we visited them in March.
jerroll

the shed was there in the corner but behind the goal was flat standing against the rail! not an evening I rembember fondly!
rudebwoyben

jerroll wrote: 05 Oct 2023, 15:29 the shed was there in the corner but behind the goal was flat standing against the rail! not an evening I rembember fondly!
What, you don’t have fond memories of being freezing cold, crappy sight lines meaning you couldn’t watch the game properly and us losing?!
jerroll

rudebwoyben wrote: 05 Oct 2023, 15:34
jerroll wrote: 05 Oct 2023, 15:29 the shed was there in the corner but behind the goal was flat standing against the rail! not an evening I rembember fondly!
What, you don’t have fond memories of being freezing cold, crappy sight lines meaning you couldn’t watch the game properly and us losing?!
mainly the stupid pitch , god didn't invent grass to play football on plastic.
BeesKnees99

b4life wrote:With something like 7 matches in last 4 weeks and a few injuries to contend with, it feels to me a little like the period last season when we ran out of steam a little when playing all those rearranged matches. However, with the arrival of Hooper and much more strength in depth, I do feel more confident that we can continue to keep up with the likes of Moneychesterfield and Solihull. Other teams must be feeling it too? Stead has been particularly impressive and Potter did ok on Tuesday.
Dorking have been hit with injuries too. We can’t start rolling that excuse out early doors - this squad should still be more than competitive.
becbee

I imagine every club have injuries by now, certainly every club has had 7 matches in the last 4 weeks. For me there's no comparison between now and what we had to cope with in the early months of 2023, with all those successive distant away matches.