Broadfields United (Hive) The Middlesex Courtney Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

So....... Tuesday sees the bees taking on Broadfields United in our entry in to the Middlesex (ugh) Senior Cup.

After a hard fought victory in tough conditions at the Nash it will be interesting to see how Deano goes for this one with Chesterfield looming on the Horizon on Saturday.

While many supporters will be sat at home poring over the seating plan at Chesterfield on Tuesday night rather than out supporting the bees, it is to be hoped that with our strengthened squad we can put out a team strong enough to progress against Step 5 opposition.

Broadfields Unitied, whose nickname is the fighting cocks, were formed in 1993 and play their football at Rayners Lane, which is 85% of the distance between the Hive and Wealdstone's ground.

While many do not give a cluck about this competition I am looking forward to seeing how our squad players fare and if we have any of our myriad injured players back. I will be cock-a-hoop if we see Ayres Rock lining up as we look much more solid with him at the back. Otherwise this is an opportunity for players who find themselves down the pecking order to hen peck Deano in to picking them. I just hope they coop with the autumnal conditions.

In terms of team lineup I presume suspensions and loans don't affect this so I would go:-

-------------------------------------Happy-------------------------------------

--------------------Cropper-------Stevens--------Potter---------------------

---Senior--------Gorman----------------Granville---------------Beard------

------------------------Armstrong-------------Barratt-------------------------

--------------------------------Hooper-------------------------------------------

Subs: Collinge (to come on at H/T for Potter) and the academy

I am doing this one. Hoping we can progress so we have a competition to keep our squad fighting fit.
thebeekeeper

Re: Broadfields United (Hive) The Middlesex Courtney Match Thread

It would be massive is Oluwo could get some minutes under his belt and feature against Chesterfield, but I've got no idea how close he is to a return. Has anyone heard an update on this?
#Beebot

I'd keep the players who are in and out of the team away from this game. Should be bench players and academy only, plus Stevens to build up fitness as he won't be suspended.
jerroll

#Beebot wrote: 06 Nov 2023, 16:13 I'd keep the players who are in and out of the team away from this game. Should be bench players and academy only, plus Stevens to build up fitness as he won't be suspended.
Surely Cropper the same, Stevens has played more football than him this season
Roy57

Would never risk any first team player in a game like this, so Cropper, Stevens, Potter, Beard, Senior, probably give Hooper 40 mins or so, and Barratt. If need be put under 18 in to fill numbers up.
letchbee94

Not sure would play Collinge tomorrow, like rest of team.
becbee

letchbee94 wrote: 06 Nov 2023, 20:44 Not sure would play Collinge tomorrow, like rest of team.
Agree, he's far too valuable to risk when he's only just returning from injury.
pletch99

letchbee94 wrote: 06 Nov 2023, 20:44 Not sure would play Collinge tomorrow, like rest of team.
Depends whether DB thinks Collinge needs minutes to be ready for Saturday. Given that he was only supposed to get 30 mins on Sat, I suspect he will need another outing in order to be ready for Saturday. Sure, there is some risk, but better to have a near match sharp player on Saturday.
becbee

pletch99 wrote: 06 Nov 2023, 21:17
Depends whether DB thinks Collinge needs minutes to be ready for Saturday. Given that he was only supposed to get 30 mins on Sat, I suspect he will need another outing in order to be ready for Saturday. Sure, there is some risk, but better to have a near match sharp player on Saturday.
Like Ben Coker who came back from injury at Aveley, lasted about 16 minutes and hasn't been seen since?
Bee_Forever

Or hall Johnson whose injilury record so far is more Rob Hall than Elliott Johnson!

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

BeeSwede

This team would be top half in the league 😄
Attachments
IMG_4864.jpeg
Mikel Bee

Anybody know who Nistor and Blower are?
BeeSwede

David Nistor seems to be a goalkeeper previously at Wingate. Youth player.
PBBee

Blimey - that’s every injured player back apart from Hall-Johnson isn’t it?

Shame Chesterfield wasn’t another 2 weeks away as we could be close to full strength.

*Stevens pulls out just before it starts & Wynter replaces him?!