Ronnie Edwards

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoppy

Re: Ronnie Edwards

According to one post on the Peterborough Forum Darragh MacAnthony has said previously that sell ons have to be paid in full immediately.
If that is true there may well be £1m already in Barnet FC’s bank account.
beew

hoppy wrote: 07 Feb 2024, 13:44 According to one post on the Peterborough Forum Darragh MacAnthony has said previously that sell ons have to be paid in full immediately.
We'd get the sell on percentage of each tranche immediately Peterborough receive it.
Jimbokav1971

becbee wrote: 07 Feb 2024, 13:36 Very interesting article. Quite rare fir a Chairman to be so informative.
He's a really interesting guy once you get past his loud, brash personality. If you haven't watched/listened to The Hard Truth Podcast then I would urge you to give it a listen.

https://open.spotify.com/show/3lbhmA3LqcgwJdLN1mGipc

He' really open about Posh stuff and pretty open generally about football, and from a Barnet fans point of view, there is actually quite a lot of info to be had from him with regards to our deals with them and why it makes sense for both clubs to do deals this way.

At the time I thought that Posh were getting much the better deal on all the transfers to them, (Jack, Ronnie, EMC & RdH), but looking at them now with the info we now have, I would say that we have possibly got the better end of the deal. DMAC will tell you that he's happy for me/us/TK to feel like that, (because it encourages future deals), and it makes the next deal with us, (and others like us), easier. It's win/win. Posh pay a much smaller fee up front, (so little/no risk to a club with pretty limited finances), and they get the player and the bulk of the transfer fee when he moves on, but he's actually happy to see the money filtering down.

The Ronnie % was so big because they were properly cash-strapped at the time, (during Covid), and they got a player who has played about 100 games for them now, absolutely free. In DMAC's only words they hardly hat a pot to pee in at the time, so be able to get a player like Ronnie for £0 up front was a no-brainer. For TK to do the deal was actually inspired in hindsight.

You listen to DMAC now though and while he's keen to scour non-league for the next Jack, Ronnie or EMC, he's actually investing hugely into the Posh Academy because he sees the value in it.

WIth that in mind I would love to see the money raised from the Jack/EMC/Ronnie sales, (and future fees), invested back into the Academy, because albeit a little too late what with relegation and Covid, it has shown him that it really is the way forward and can be financially viable, (while we're in the FL at least). We just need to get back there first.
antbfc wrote:
"He owes everyone a naked run... His opinion is invalid"
Jimbokav1971

antbfc wrote: 07 Feb 2024, 12:27 all good points Jim. I do wonder if the money received will go someway to offset the capital cost increase in the new stand? Surely more tax efficient.
I would like to think that if he's full engaged again, that he's got planned strategies and priorities based on what league we find ourselves in. I personally don't see the wisdom on spending money on the new stand right now. There isn't a demand for it and there is so much more that needs to be done 1st before we're in a position to take advantage of any benefit it might create.

If we were to get promoted then I'm not sure even then there would be a demand for the new stand in League 2. I just don't see it as an immediate priority.
antbfc wrote:
Jimbokav1971

hoppy wrote: 07 Feb 2024, 13:44 According to one post on the Peterborough Forum Darragh MacAnthony has said previously that sell ons have to be paid in full immediately.
Yeah, Hoppy is right on this one.

They have to pay it as soon as it's received, (which is as soon as it's due).

Posh have effectively sold EMC for £0 up front and then £xx over xx months, (starting in the Summer). When they get paid, we will get paid. There isn't any suggestion that we won't get the money.

From DMAC's point of view he doesn't actually need the money in cash now, (despite what's written in the Athletic). What he needs is the money on the balance sheet in the Summer. It doesn't matter that they're not getting all the money in an up-front lump sum. The money is guaranteed and this is what matters for their budgets which is based on turnover. This EMC sale will have a big impact on that and completely takes the pressure off with regards to the Ronnie sale. I think by the sounds of it DMAC would have preferred to sell Ronnie rather than EMC, but either way he wanted them both back until the Summer. If someone is paying £8M-£10M for Ronnie then they are going to want him now, (particularly Palace who have lost Guehi to injury), and yes the suggestion is that Ronnie is capable of stepping up to that level immediately. I expect EMC to absolutely smash it in the Championship if he's there next season, (although Premier League might be a tougher ask).
antbfc wrote:
tonbridgebee

Jimbokav1971 wrote: 07 Feb 2024, 14:36
becbee wrote: 07 Feb 2024, 13:36 Very interesting article. Quite rare fir a Chairman to be so informative.
He's a really interesting guy once you get past his loud, brash personality. If you haven't watched/listened to The Hard Truth Podcast then I would urge you to give it a listen.

https://open.spotify.com/show/3lbhmA3LqcgwJdLN1mGipc

He' really open about Posh stuff and pretty open generally about football, and from a Barnet fans point of view, there is actually quite a lot of info to be had from him with regards to our deals with them and why it makes sense for both clubs to do deals this way.

At the time I thought that Posh were getting much the better deal on all the transfers to them, (Jack, Ronnie, EMC & RdH), but looking at them now with the info we now have, I would say that we have possibly got the better end of the deal. DMAC will tell you that he's happy for me/us/TK to feel like that, (because it encourages future deals), and it makes the next deal with us, (and others like us), easier. It's win/win. Posh pay a much smaller fee up front, (so little/no risk to a club with pretty limited finances), and they get the player and the bulk of the transfer fee when he moves on, but he's actually happy to see the money filtering down.

The Ronnie % was so big because they were properly cash-strapped at the time, (during Covid), and they got a player who has played about 100 games for them now, absolutely free. In DMAC's only words they hardly hat a pot to pee in at the time, so be able to get a player like Ronnie for £0 up front was a no-brainer. For TK to do the deal was actually inspired in hindsight.

You listen to DMAC now though and while he's keen to scour non-league for the next Jack, Ronnie or EMC, he's actually investing hugely into the Posh Academy because he sees the value in it.

WIth that in mind I would love to see the money raised from the Jack/EMC/Ronnie sales, (and future fees), invested back into the Academy, because albeit a little too late what with relegation and Covid, it has shown him that it really is the way forward and can be financially viable, (while we're in the FL at least). We just need to get back there first.
It's a brilliant pod, been listening to it for the last nearly 4 years since he started it with Phil Ideson. Can learn quite a bit from it about how a club is run and football in general, might not agree with his opinion, I like it because he tells it as it is!

I was lucky enough to interview him last summer, and always responds to me if I get in contact. I really have no idea why other clubs don't follow his lead in the way he structures deals, one or two are starting to catch on, not even clever just very sensible in my opinion.
Beeboardwarrior

Confirmed by Peterborough chairman on his pod we are receiving seven figures from the EMC transfer, but not until the summer.
JWTBee

Beeboardwarrior wrote: 07 Feb 2024, 20:59 Confirmed by Peterborough chairman on his pod we are receiving seven figures from the EMC transfer, but not until the summer.
I'm never quite sure exactly "seven figures" mean? Please explain.Cheers.
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
jerroll

JWTBee wrote: 08 Feb 2024, 09:41
Beeboardwarrior wrote: 07 Feb 2024, 20:59 Confirmed by Peterborough chairman on his pod we are receiving seven figures from the EMC transfer, but not until the summer.
minimum of £1 million pounds, maximum £9,999,999 !!
Beeboardwarrior

JWTBee wrote: 08 Feb 2024, 09:41
As Jerroll says, a minimum of £1m, or 16 Liam Hatch's (allowing for inflation).
Mem Beespod

Jimbokav1971 wrote: 07 Feb 2024, 14:40
antbfc wrote: 07 Feb 2024, 12:27 all good points Jim. I do wonder if the money received will go someway to offset the capital cost increase in the new stand? Surely more tax efficient.
I would like to think that if he's full engaged again, that he's got planned strategies and priorities based on what league we find ourselves in. I personally don't see the wisdom on spending money on the new stand right now. There isn't a demand for it and there is so much more that needs to be done 1st before we're in a position to take advantage of any benefit it might create.

If we were to get promoted then I'm not sure even then there would be a demand for the new stand in League 2. I just don't see it as an immediate priority.
The new stand is less about match days and more about the real estate in it. The plan was (not sure how it stands now) to move all club operations into that stand which would allow us to knock down the main building and start again.

Currently we don’t have any corporate facilities on a match day nor a nice area to house opposition officials. Plus TK would prefer the players’ changing rooms would be in a different place so players entered from the middle of the pitch rather than the corner
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
barnetpete

Not only could the 85%'s not complete the ground, they couldn't even design it properly in the first place!
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
rudebwoyben

barnetpete wrote: 09 Feb 2024, 08:49 Not only could the 85%'s not complete the ground, they couldn't even design it properly in the first place!
They completed 85% of a Step 3 compliant ground, not a Step 1 compliant ground!
jerroll

rudebwoyben wrote: 09 Feb 2024, 10:01
barnetpete wrote: 09 Feb 2024, 08:49 Not only could the 85%'s not complete the ground, they couldn't even design it properly in the first place!
They completed 85% of a Step 3 compliant ground, not a Step 1 compliant ground!
Indeed.
Roy57

Like most I have know idea over what period of the transfer fee is not paid in one payment, but let's say as one suggesting it would be spread over 12 payments that would give us £145.000 per month, very nice few quid going back into the club, be it directly or to go towards keeping us in the black and towards the cost TK puts in each month, I do believe TK would invest a fair part even if not as much as many would wish for.