Chesterfield (H) The Freeze a Crowd Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Chesterfield (H) The Freeze a Crowd Match Thread

Brrrrr..... Saturday sees the B-b-b-b-b-ees taking on Champions presumptive Chesterfield FC in our latest Bananarama fixture.....or does it?

With overnight temperatures expected to remain in Mortal Kombat territory (Sub Zero) it must be doubtful that the game will be on and there won't be much day temperature either to thaw it out. It is hoped that we have good frost covers in place and that the weather gods smile down upon us.

If it does go ahead, what had looked a tantalising top of the table clash a few weeks ago is basically another step on the Spireite victory procession with them 12 points clear with a mamoth goal difference advantage and a game in hand on Bromley and us. The Spireites fine form shows no sign of altaring (4 wins in 5) and it would navish to suggest they won't lift the title. If it had not been for Disney FC they would probably have gone up last year but now they have Cook back they have the font of all knowledge about how to get out of this league and the revenue to put together at worst a league 2 side. In all honesty it is a travesty that they ever ended up non-league and bad owners really are a plague the EFL needs to stamp out, as they are currently failing to do at Reading.

Unlike those who positively wet themselves with excitement at Chesterfield beating whats left of Gateshead 5-0, and the beating that the team they "support" has coming I have not given up on this game and IT IS NOT A FREE HIT. We are a good side, we are secure in 3rd with a good chance at 2nd and we should be looking to lay gloves on Chesterfield who we beat 3-0 at our place last season. We have the manager and injuries permitting the squad to put the wind up the spire, and maybe we can take advantage of a team on cruise control in dodgy conditions to consolidate our place in the league.

In terms of injuries I am hoping that with the exception of Gorman (hoped back soon) we will be able to field a strong lineup.

----------------------------------Freezley----------------------------------

-----------Frozen Crops--------Coldinge------Okisnow------------------

------Small-Johnson----Cardigan---Pitchard-----Cloaker-------------

---------------Maguire-Blue---------------Cold Brunt--------------------

-------------------------------Kabambrrrr----------------------------------

Subs: Sledger, Shaking Stevens, Idris Warmly, Steady Brek

I am doing this one despite the cameras covering it as want to be there supporting my team....if it's on.

COYB's :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold:
mike_p

Re: Chesterfield (H) The Freeze a Crowd Match Thread

Looks very unlikely to be on. Forecast is -3°C for the next three nights, and not above +3°C in the daytime.
#Beebot

mike_p wrote:Looks very unlikely to be on. Forecast is -3°C for the next three nights, and not above +3°C in the daytime.
It's forecast to be above zero from 5am on Saturday. I don't see how it can't be on
rudebwoyben

It’s going to be 6C from midday on Saturday. This game will be on.
Mikel Bee

The late kick off gives the pitch a couple more hours to thaw. Saturday evening will be a lot milder and windier than the rest of this week so should be fine.
mike_p

With 4 nights of -3C, the ground is frozen solid. It would take days to thaw enough at +3. No chance
rudebwoyben

But that’s not even accurate. Tonight it will go down to -3C, tomorrow night it will go to -2C but the forecast for Friday night is that it won’t go below freezing at all and as I said it will be 6C all day on Saturday.
Plus, you’re ignoring the fact that TNT Sports will do everything to make sure it’s not called off.
Mikel Bee

Don't make me pull out the 0-10cm soil temperature charts!!

Friday overnight -3c
Saturday 6pm 3c

If it is an early pitch inspection it will likely be off. If later it should be on.ImageImage
Anthony

rudebwoyben wrote: 17 Jan 2024, 19:03 But that’s not even accurate. Tonight it will go down to -3C, tomorrow night it will go to -2C but the forecast for Friday night is that it won’t go below freezing at all and as I said it will be 6C all day on Saturday.
Plus, you’re ignoring the fact that TNT Sports will do everything to make sure it’s not called off.
It depends on which weather forecast you look at. They seem to vary a fair bit which suggests there is no predicting with any confidence what will happen on Saturday.
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

It’s always a few degrees colder at the Hive compared with surrounding areas.
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
Tickets

1047 home, 959 away. With TK likely to sell tickets in the family stand as he usually does for TV games, it is likely to be a pretty big attendance
WillesdenBee

We have a cover over the pitch as well.
mike_p

WillesdenBee wrote: 18 Jan 2024, 07:43 We have a cover over the pitch as well.
Once frozen, a cover just keeps the cold in.
A few hours +3 to +5°C on Saturday morning isn't going to defrost frozen ground.
A frozen item in your fridge at the same temperature takes about 12 hours to defrost, and the ground has huge thermal inertia.
I'd love to be there to see the game, but I just can't see it happening.
(Hope I'm wrong)
becbee

The very low temperatures were forecast, hopefully the cover was put over the pitch before the temperatures dropped in anticipation.
amberforever

Must have been asleep; when was it changed to late ko for telly? BBC still had it down as three pm until very recently.