Flares and incidents

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
John Hunt

Flares and incidents

When did all this come back into the game?

A couple of seasons back. Substantial damage to Bar 66 by Wealdstone followers. Water causing risk of electrocution.

A Wealdstone follower grappling with a steward. Seen by all yesterday.

A Barnet fan being accused of hitting a teenage girl at their ground. The chap accused being one of the least likely to ever do such a thing.

Seemingly used as justification for yesterday on x.

No wrongs make a right.

Said Barnet fan suffering racial abuse at same match.

A Barnet fan being accused of infiltrating their end and throwing a flare at previous game.

A Barnet fan being accused of throwing a flare this time and hitting the referee. Did it happen? Who saw it?

When did all this come back into our game? Did it ever go away.

I used to think it was a faux rivalry, a pantomime but yesterday was the first time i was able to get to a game between the two sides but now i am not so sure.

I was a bit weary traipsing to Cannons Park after the game and running the gauntlet of their support but they gave us a head start celebrating their equaliser for a long time

I am not so naive to think it is all one sided.

Some dialogue needs to take place between both clubs should the clubs meet again if it is not already to address the issues before someone really gets hurt.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
becbee

Re: Flares and incidents

So now you understand what many of us have been saying about Wealdstone all along.

Why would we meet with them? This is the club whose previous manager was there with them singing anti Barnet songs after they beat us last November and who thinks yesterday their fans were heroes.

Why do you think a Barnet fan would have thrown a BLUE flare yesterday?
John Hunt

"So now i understand."

I have always understood. I have seen trouble at Hendon's visits to Wealdstone which explains my reticence to travel to Ruislip to watch them.

There are idiots who support every team. Most football fans are nice. I believe there are more good people in the world than bad and by extension more good people follow football than bad and stretching the point more good people who support our rivals than bad.

Though we were all tarnished by the same brush in the past not every football supporter is bad. We differ in opinions but this is with respect not malice.

I have friends with Wealdstone allegiances both playing and supporting. It is natural. We are geographically close. Likewise Stevenage. Many of our supporters have.

Wealdstone feel aggrieved that we stole their ground. We didn't. Our supporters like to wind them up about it.

How can disputes ever be resolved if there is no dialogue?

Also they said it was an amber flare.
Last edited by John Hunt on 04 Feb 2024, 11:53, edited 1 time in total.
11bee717

John Hunt wrote: 04 Feb 2024, 10:20 When did all this come back into the game?

A couple of seasons back. Substantial damage to Bar 66 by Wealdstone followers. Water causing risk of electrocution.

A Barnet fan being accused of hitting a teenage girl at their ground. The chap accused being one of the least likely to ever do such a thing.

No wrongs make a right.

A Barnet fan being accused of infiltrating their end and throwing a flare at previous game.

A Barnet fan being accused of throwing a flare this time and hitting the referee. Did it happen? Who saw it?

I used to think it was a faux rivalry, a pantomime but yesterday was the first time i was able to get to a game between the two sides but now i am not so sure.

I was a bit weary traipsing to Cannons Park after the game and running the gauntlet of their support but they gave us a head start celebrating their equaliser for a long time

Some dialogue needs to take place between both clubs should the clubs meet again if it is not already to address the issues before someone really gets hurt.
No flare was thrown from Barnet, all flares burn an orange colour when initially thrown, and videos from Wealdstone fans are edified to cut just before it runs dark blue.
John Hunt

11bee717 wrote: 04 Feb 2024, 11:48
John Hunt wrote: 04 Feb 2024, 10:20 When did all this come back into the game?

No wrongs make a right.

No flare was thrown from Barnet, all flares burn an orange colour when initially thrown, and videos from Wealdstone fans are edified to cut just before it runs dark blue.
Great point. I didn't see an amber flare and was asking if anyone else did.
John Hunt

Letchbee posted this on Facebook.

Apologies not sure how to post as a link from my phone.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... 7p-GT8OlBM
Jimbokav1971

I'm sort of with John on this. I have seen the 85%ers thing as a bit of a joke but haven't actually seen them as rivals in any sort of competitive sense. I understand the issues that they have with our ownership of The Hive, but that isn't actually anything to do with us, (or even TK), and is completely down to the tinpot way they have been run in the past. TK didn't "steal" the Hive from them. They literally couldn't afford to keep it. The blame is all theirs.

The behaviour of their fans is really poor, (and not just against us), and while I think there is a decent rivalry with Boring Wood, I just don't see the same rivalry with the 85ers at all, (and the sooner we're in a higher league the better).

I think a lot of 85%ers are fans of other London clubs, (a little like we have many Spurs/Arsenal fans among us), but they seem to be far less interested in the football and far more interested to being little scroats and causing trouble.

I appreciate that it's not all their fans and I have even seen some condemning what was done yesterday, but the made up assault, the racial abuse, the criminal damage, and now the assault on the steward is all getting a bit much.

I don't agree that dialogue between the 2 clubs is the answer at all. I think we need to just take 6 points off them every season from now on, not even engage with them and just leave them wallowing in their little puddle.
antbfc wrote:
"He owes everyone a naked run... His opinion is invalid"
BGr

John Hunt wrote: 04 Feb 2024, 12:02 Letchbee posted this on Facebook.

Apologies not sure how to post as a link from my phone.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... 7p-GT8OlBM
Concerning that the flagrant lying from that Wealdstone knob on social media has been picked up by a national. The club needs to issue a comment urgently to dispel that - our fans are being unfairly tarnished.

What amazes me with Wealdstone isn’t their nasty element (although they seem to have more than their share) it’s the fact that their “decent” fans seem to stand up for them and try to cover for them. Making excuses and trying to make out that this is as bad from both sides - it’s not, although it might be next season.
Ajtheone04

My god that is poor journalism from the Daily Mail - the top comment underneath the tweet of the flair being thrown at the ref clearly shows that it came from the Wealdstone end
hoofer2

Ban the moron Barnet fan who threw the orange flare. Not the first time we have seen this - away at Bromley recently too
John Hunt

Their players trying to shepherd the pitch invader back to safety was ill advised too.
pgbee

Looks like there were two different flares, one of each colour (from someone who wasn't there)
john dockers shorts

becbee wrote: 04 Feb 2024, 10:35 So now you understand what many of us have been saying about Wealdstone all along.

Why would we meet with them? This is the club whose previous manager was there with them singing anti Barnet songs after they beat us last November and who thinks yesterday their fans were heroes.

Why do you think a Barnet fan would have thrown a BLUE flare yesterday?
I thought their manager singing was funny, just shows a lack of class but didn't bother me.

Unfortunately one twat running on the pitch, a flare lobbed doesn't mean for me that they're all morons. Being rowdy, gobby I have no issue with. Thought they got behind their Team well second half and 99% loved the goal....just shame it wasn't us. I don't want to live in a Vanilla world.
John Hunt

Rowdy and gobby fine by me too.
BGr

hoofer2 wrote: 04 Feb 2024, 12:37 Ban the moron Barnet fan who threw the orange flare. Not the first time we have seen this - away at Bromley recently too
The flare came from the away end, this has been explained. The “video” actually only shows the ignition trigger (orange sparks) but other videos shot from our stand, including the one of the steward incident, only show two blue smoke flares and no orange ones