Pritch

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
ETBee
Posts: 2930
Joined: 16 Mar 2013, 10:16

Re: Pritch

Post: # 368379Post ETBee »

Betting at all is stupid. The boss of Bet365, Denise Coates, was paid £221million last year and a similar amount the year before. This shows what a mug's game gambling is, you can't win.

This won't help our push for a place in the play offs.
amberforever
Posts: 2955
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 18:37

Re: Pritch

Post: # 368381Post amberforever »

Love Pritch and always puts a shift in. Bad news for the club. He’s let everyone down.
becbee
Posts: 11717
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 11:43

Re: Pritch

Post: # 368382Post becbee »

ETBee wrote: 06 Feb 2024, 16:06 Betting at all is stupid. The boss of Bet365, Denise Coates, was paid £221million last year and a similar amount the year before. This shows what a mug's game gambling is, you can't win.

This won't help our push for a place in the play offs.
This is also my opinion. However I know that there are fans on this message board who do enjoy a bet. I'd say that as long as people only bet with money that they can afford to lose, then that's their hobby - just like many hobbies / ways of spending money that we all have. It's just a case of knowing your limits.
However this doesn't apply to footballers. Even those playing for expenses whose teams go out of the FA Cup in August are not allowed to bet on the FA Cup Final. Harry Pritchard wasn't living in a cave, he'd have known the rules. He is an idiot.
#Beebot
Posts: 5661
Joined: 04 Feb 2016, 19:54

Re: Pritch

Post: # 368384Post #Beebot »

wearebees wrote:On his Twitter he describes himself as an NFT investor, so obviously likes making money etc. As John says, you never know if someone might have an addiction but this seems stupid of him. Shame as he was my favourite player last season, but if guilty this would tarnish that.
NFTs have certainly proven to be a reckless investment, definitely the kind of thing that a gambler would purchase and not a sensible investor.
#Beebot
Posts: 5661
Joined: 04 Feb 2016, 19:54

Re: Pritch

Post: # 368385Post #Beebot »

From further down the FA charges document

"INCIDENT OF MISCONDUCT – BETTING
Toby Hilliard, Player, Corby Town FC

Breach of FA Rule E8 – He is charged with Misconduct under FA Rule E1(b) in respect of 401 bets placed on football matches between 26 September 2015 to 27 November 2020. It is alleged that each bet is a separate breach of FA Rule E8 (as applicable).

Mr Hilliard admits the Charge and elects a Paper Hearing.

Result 
3 month suspension from All Football and Football Related Activity 
1 month immediate
2 months suspended for 18 months 
£200 fine"

Also:

"INCIDENT OF MISCONDUCT – BETTING
Jake Thompson, Player, Radcliffe FC

Breach of FA Rule E8 – He is charged with Misconduct under FA Rule E1.2 in respect of 1,205 bets placed on football matches between 03 September 2020 to 20 September 2023. It is alleged that each bet is a separate breach of FA Rule E8.

Mr Thompson admits the Charge and elects a Personal Hearing.

Result 
4 month suspension from all football and football related activity. 
2 months immediate, 2 months suspended for 18 Months.
£250 fine"

So bans of 1 and 2 months respectively (ignoring the suspended element of the bans) for players who placed more bets than Pritch did.

Not as bad as some might expect.
User avatar
rudebwoyben
Posts: 8863
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 18:53
Location: Seven Sisters, London N15

Re: Pritch

Post: # 368386Post rudebwoyben »

#Beebot wrote: 06 Feb 2024, 16:47
wearebees wrote:On his Twitter he describes himself as an NFT investor, so obviously likes making money etc. As John says, you never know if someone might have an addiction but this seems stupid of him. Shame as he was my favourite player last season, but if guilty this would tarnish that.
NFTs have certainly proven to be a reckless investment, definitely the kind of thing that a gambler would purchase and not a sensible investor.
:laugh: :laugh:
becbee
Posts: 11717
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 11:43

Re: Pritch

Post: # 368387Post becbee »

Yes but if you compare bans given to EFL and Prem players, there seems on the face it things to be differences. I suspect it's anybody's guess what Pritchard might get. Let's just hope his bets weren't on his own team to lose, which I believe some of Ivan Toney's were.
User avatar
PBBee
Posts: 4779
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 01:04

Re: Pritch

Post: # 368388Post PBBee »

#Beebot wrote: 06 Feb 2024, 16:55 From further down the FA charges document

"INCIDENT OF MISCONDUCT – BETTING
Toby Hilliard, Player, Corby Town FC

Breach of FA Rule E8 – He is charged with Misconduct under FA Rule E1(b) in respect of 401 bets placed on football matches between 26 September 2015 to 27 November 2020. It is alleged that each bet is a separate breach of FA Rule E8 (as applicable).

Mr Hilliard admits the Charge and elects a Paper Hearing.

Result 
3 month suspension from All Football and Football Related Activity 
1 month immediate
2 months suspended for 18 months 
£200 fine"

Also:

"INCIDENT OF MISCONDUCT – BETTING
Jake Thompson, Player, Radcliffe FC

Breach of FA Rule E8 – He is charged with Misconduct under FA Rule E1.2 in respect of 1,205 bets placed on football matches between 03 September 2020 to 20 September 2023. It is alleged that each bet is a separate breach of FA Rule E8.

Mr Thompson admits the Charge and elects a Personal Hearing.

Result 
4 month suspension from all football and football related activity. 
2 months immediate, 2 months suspended for 18 Months.
£250 fine"

So bans of 1 and 2 months respectively (ignoring the suspended element of the bans) for players who placed more bets than Pritch did.

Not as bad as some might expect.
That's interesting - was Ivan Toney made an example of or was it because he had a closer link to the games involved potentially.
#Beebot
Posts: 5661
Joined: 04 Feb 2016, 19:54

Re: Pritch

Post: # 368389Post #Beebot »

PBBee wrote:
#Beebot wrote: 06 Feb 2024, 16:55 From further down the FA charges document

"INCIDENT OF MISCONDUCT – BETTING
Toby Hilliard, Player, Corby Town FC

Breach of FA Rule E8 – He is charged with Misconduct under FA Rule E1(b) in respect of 401 bets placed on football matches between 26 September 2015 to 27 November 2020. It is alleged that each bet is a separate breach of FA Rule E8 (as applicable).

Mr Hilliard admits the Charge and elects a Paper Hearing.

Result 
3 month suspension from All Football and Football Related Activity 
1 month immediate
2 months suspended for 18 months 
£200 fine"

Also:

"INCIDENT OF MISCONDUCT – BETTING
Jake Thompson, Player, Radcliffe FC

Breach of FA Rule E8 – He is charged with Misconduct under FA Rule E1.2 in respect of 1,205 bets placed on football matches between 03 September 2020 to 20 September 2023. It is alleged that each bet is a separate breach of FA Rule E8.

Mr Thompson admits the Charge and elects a Personal Hearing.

Result 
4 month suspension from all football and football related activity. 
2 months immediate, 2 months suspended for 18 Months.
£250 fine"

So bans of 1 and 2 months respectively (ignoring the suspended element of the bans) for players who placed more bets than Pritch did.

Not as bad as some might expect.
That's interesting - was Ivan Toney made an example of or was it because he had a closer link to the games involved potentially.
Toney bet on his own team to lose so very possibly.
hoofer2
Posts: 5193
Joined: 01 Feb 2011, 13:48

Re: Pritch

Post: # 368390Post hoofer2 »

Nicky Ironton on the FA Charge list too
Tuesds
Posts: 3305
Joined: 27 Jan 2011, 12:26

Re: Pritch

Post: # 368391Post Tuesds »

Toney was found to have told a number of lies to the investigators, too.
Jdk103
Posts: 267
Joined: 22 Sep 2020, 10:58

Re: Pritch

Post: # 368392Post Jdk103 »

We’ll just have to wait and see. If he’s got an addiction then I hope he gets the help he needs. If he’s banned, cover will be found. If he’s not, great.
User avatar
PBBee
Posts: 4779
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 01:04

Re: Pritch

Post: # 368394Post PBBee »

An addiction is not 150 bets in 8 years but who knows the full details.
Roy57
Posts: 3297
Joined: 22 Sep 2018, 10:43

Re: Pritch

Post: # 368395Post Roy57 »

Jdk103 wrote: 06 Feb 2024, 17:33 We’ll just have to wait and see. If he’s got an addiction then I hope he gets the help he needs. If he’s banned, cover will be found. If he’s not, great.
I do agree if he has a addiction, but why not bet ( still gambling ) on Rugby, cricket, horses, dogs, but not in the sport your in. Stupidity.
Jdk103
Posts: 267
Joined: 22 Sep 2020, 10:58

Re: Pritch

Post: # 368396Post Jdk103 »

Roy57 wrote: 06 Feb 2024, 18:26
Jdk103 wrote: 06 Feb 2024, 17:33 We’ll just have to wait and see. If he’s got an addiction then I hope he gets the help he needs. If he’s banned, cover will be found. If he’s not, great.
I do agree if he has a addiction, but why not bet ( still gambling ) on Rugby, cricket, horses, dogs, but not in the sport your in. Stupidity.
Because that’s not how addiction works, Roy
Post Reply