Hartlepool (Away) The Arctic Monkey Hangers Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
becbee

Re: Hartlepool (Away) The Arctic Monkey Hangers Match Thread

Tuesday evening, 12 minutes from time, we looked beaten , Gateshead were winning at Woking and there was the threat of them overtaking us when they played their match in hand. Gateshead lost, drew today, they still have their match in hand but now we're 8 points clear of them. Just shows how quickly things can change.
BeesKnees99

10 games to go and the top 7 seems to be taking some sort of shape. Alty and Halifax probably the only teams with a realistic chance of sneaking into the playoffs.

Fingers firmly crossed we can keep grinding out the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ETBee

I went to see Borehamwood v Gateshead today. I was very impressed with the Heed. Lots of skill, accurate passing, pace and variation in play and it was only Wood's stubborn (and brave) defending and use of the hoof which stopped Heed scoring a hatful. Their equaliser was 6 minutes into the 5 added minutes and resulted from a moment's loss of concentration. I wouldn't write off Gateshead.
becbee

Ultimately it's down to us to keep grinding out results then it won't matter who finishes in the other P.O. places -but it does help when our rivals drop points.
barnetboy1

Onwards & Upwards.
Well done the lads and DB.
COYMightyBees.
Mikel Bee

ETBee wrote:I went to see Borehamwood v Gateshead today. I was very impressed with the Heed. Lots of skill, accurate passing, pace and variation in play and it was only Wood's stubborn (and brave) defending and use of the hoof which stopped Heed scoring a hatful. Their equaliser was 6 minutes into the 5 added minutes and resulted from a moment's loss of concentration. I wouldn't write off Gateshead.
Similarly, I watched next week's opponents, Bromley vs Halifax. It won't go down as a classic. Bromley looked solid all over the pitch if unspectacular. Would have been a stalemate if not for very brief spells where Bromley suddenly looked excellent. They are good at getting shots away from distance and Reynolds is still an annoyingly good defender.

Halifax were hopeless. If that represents the quality of 8th place in this division, I hope they can squeeze in to a play off position and we somehow face them.
becbee

Before then our penultimate match of the season is away at Halifax. Let's hope that Halifax are hopeless then too.
Big Bondz NGala

Chiro N’Toko immense at the back today!!!
djhdjh

Barry Cogan a better choice surely, given the game saw a spectacular goal at Hartlepool away.
becbee

Big Bondz NGala wrote: 02 Mar 2024, 19:10 Chiro N’Toko immense at the back today!!!
Your posts are such gibberish. I guess you never even saw him play. I recall him being useless at York. I happily missed his other brief appearance.
jamiefrbees

Mikel Bee wrote: 02 Mar 2024, 18:55
ETBee wrote:I went to see Borehamwood v Gateshead today. I was very impressed with the Heed. Lots of skill, accurate passing, pace and variation in play and it was only Wood's stubborn (and brave) defending and use of the hoof which stopped Heed scoring a hatful. Their equaliser was 6 minutes into the 5 added minutes and resulted from a moment's loss of concentration. I wouldn't write off Gateshead.
Similarly, I watched next week's opponents, Bromley vs Halifax. It won't go down as a classic. Bromley looked solid all over the pitch if unspectacular. Would have been a stalemate if not for very brief spells where Bromley suddenly looked excellent. They are good at getting shots away from distance and Reynolds is still an annoyingly good defender.

Halifax were hopeless. If that represents the quality of 8th place in this division, I hope they can squeeze in to a play off position and we somehow face them.

don't think you can write sides off as hopeless based on one showing, we all know certain opposing team fans have declared us hopeless/ shock at our league position, when we've had off days this season
ninestein

10 league games to go, and potentially we could be near to full strength with around 7 or 8 to go. We've done so well to keep getting results. The spirit in this squad is immense.

Thinking back to our previous playoff campaigns in all divisions, I don't think we've ever gone into them having the momentum with us. Maybe this year could be different. Good to have another home game now to look forward to. Turn the screw a little more. Keep the pace with Bromley and widen the gap to 4th if possible, then there's only 9 games to play. Tick them off one by one.

As DB alluded to in his post-match interviews, it's results that matter now we're into the business end of the season. It might not always be pretty, but let's try and savour every moment of this run-in. This is what we as fans live for.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Big Bondz NGala

becbee wrote: 02 Mar 2024, 19:33
Big Bondz NGala wrote: 02 Mar 2024, 19:10 Chiro N’Toko immense at the back today!!!
Your posts are such gibberish. I guess you never even saw him play. I recall him being useless at York. I happily missed his other brief appearance.
More of a krystian Pearce fan? I respect it.
hoppy

Mikel Bee wrote: 02 Mar 2024, 18:55

The top three in the NL Form Table (last 6 games) are..
1 Ebbsfleet
2. Kidderminster
3. Halifax

Further down..
12 Barnet
15 Chesterfield
17 Bromley

Topsy turvy!
Sam_BFC

Tyrone Duffus for me. Oh wait…