Run In Spreadsheet

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
pokal02

Re: Run In Spreadsheet

..and Solihull v Gateshead too. If we manage 2nd or 3rd I'd be hoping to avoid the Heed in the SF.
PBBee

Yep think 2 draws is what we want in those games probably - wouldn’t be that against a Solihull win as Gateshead have 7 of 11 games left at home (we have 6 in 10).
Bee_Forever

Underhill Glory wrote:It would have been beneficial to have a free Saturday for the squad to recover during this busy period. Nobody should be playing in the Trophy, on a 3g surface who we rely on in the league or is coming back from injury. It simply isn't worth it. Put the kids out and give them valuable experience.

A trophy final will be forgotten about in months and the wider football world does not pay any attention. A play off final will be for decades and the prize is massive.
You don't come to league games because you are polishing the sofa and you want us to throw away a chance at Wembley so that we can rest players for the next midweek game you can't be arsed to go to.

Strange definition of support

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

rudebwoyben

Because it’s not Underhill Glory!
Underhill Glory

Bee_Forever wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 16:24
Underhill Glory wrote:It would have been beneficial to have a free Saturday for the squad to recover during this busy period. Nobody should be playing in the Trophy, on a 3g surface who we rely on in the league or is coming back from injury. It simply isn't worth it. Put the kids out and give them valuable experience.

A trophy final will be forgotten about in months and the wider football world does not pay any attention. A play off final will be for decades and the prize is massive.
You don't come to league games because you are polishing the sofa and you want us to throw away a chance at Wembley so that we can rest players for the next midweek game you can't be arsed to go to.

Insult me all you want, I am only telling you what others who stay away don't. The stream is a very cheap and convenient way of supporting the club.

I will be there for the non streamable Trophy game but will lose no sleep if we lose. Put out fringe players and the youngsters and give them a good run out. We may still win but the league has to be priority over this competition.
11bee717

Underhill Glory wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 18:28
Bee_Forever wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 16:24

Insult me all you want, I am only telling you what others who stay away don't. The stream is a very cheap and convenient way of supporting the club.

I will be there for the non streamable Trophy game but will lose no sleep if we lose. Put out fringe players and the youngsters and give them a good run out. We may still win but the league has to be priority over this competition.
If we were to get to Wembley I'm presuming you’ll be watching on TV?
BedfordBee

Have updated :)

We are 10 points ahead of corresponding fixtures last year and have already won the same number of games as last year.

Results at bottom tonight are interesting and I have pulled a few more teams into the relegation mix - this isn't a bad thing as the Teams like Borehamwood and Ebbsfleet have to play the play off sides - hence the amount of red italic that shows the relegation threatened teams - think there are going to be some shocks over the next few weeks - as long as we keep picking up the points.

NB Amended as Solihull also have Trophy game on Saturday and not a free Saturday
Attachments
2023 - 2024 Season.xlsx
(18.89 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
Last edited by BedfordBee on 06 Mar 2024, 07:22, edited 1 time in total.
jerroll

mathematically safe from relegation , congrats to Dean and the squad!bottom 3 can't catch us plus Dorking play maidenhead so both can win all remaining games!!
PBBee

Definitely counting my chickens here but has the play-off format been confirmed as the same as last year i.e. the semi-finals are:

2nd Vs Winner of 5th v 6th
3rd Vs Winner of 4th v 7th

Based on the current table I'd rather come 3rd & face Solihull/Aldershot rather than Oldham/Gateshead.

Hopefully we can go into the final week watching those lot play each other comfortably in the top 3!
becbee

I had my fill of watching streamed matches when we had no option during Covid.

One day I may be old and infirm and have no option but to watch the stream. Until then, imo there is no substitute for live football.
John Hunt

Circumstances differ from person to person in terms of physical, mental and financial health, other commitments and responsibilities and also geography.

I agree the ultimate fan experience is watching your team play in their home ground in the town where they belong.

I think having Barnet play at the Hive is better than having no Barnet at all.

I was unable to get to the Hive due to other commitments yesterday, but may have been able to watch them at Underhill.

There was the opportunity to watch the stream instead which i didn't take up but i am happy that other people were able to.

That option is maybe the only good thing to emerge from the covid crisis.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
BedfordBee

Have updated spreadsheet following tonight's games.

We are officially safe - ha ha.

Going to be some interesting and strange results between now and end of season - with the amount of bottom v top fixtures. I think we will drop points against some of these sides - but also think other teams will do as well - especially as it becomes do or die.
Attachments
2023 - 2024 Season.xlsx
(18.92 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Norfolk & Chance

becbee wrote: 06 Mar 2024, 11:49 I had my fill of watching streamed matches when we had no option during Covid.

One day I may be old and infirm and have no option but to watch the stream. Until then, imo there is no substitute for live football.
The only stream that concerns me is the one I experience stood in front of the loo.
BedfordBee

Updated Spreadsheet.

Said that there would be strange results and think there will be plenty more with the bottom being so tight.

Tuesday & Saturday are critical - Eastleigh have now been pulled into the scrap, Dorking are never easy and with 4th v 5th and 6th v 7th gives us a chance to add a bit more space between us.

Easter weekend is going to be interesting with lots of Top v Bottom matches (while we play Solihull Moors).

As the post about perspective - Dean and the team deserve nothing but support from everyone. As Dean says reach for the stars - I've supported Barnet long enough to know we never do anything the easy way.
Attachments
2023 - 2024 Season.xlsx
(18.9 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
jerroll

Our fiends from Ruislip are unhappy at being forced to rearrange their Bromley game for Wednesday evening despite having FIVE!! players on international duties!!