Rochdale (THTS) The Dale for Sale Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Rochdale (THTS) The Dale for Sale Match Thread

So..... Tuesday sees the bees taking on struggling Rochdale in our latest Banarama fixture.

The game was moved due to Trophy commitments and now takes place with Barnet slowly getting their first teamers back from injury.

For Rochdale the pressure of running a league club in the non league has proven too much for Gauge who is unable to invest further funds in to the club. The match is not even the most important thing happening this week as they face a Shareholder vote on Thursday which will decide whether the club can sell all their shares to a new prospective owner, who has entered in to priority negotiations to take over the club. The club has fallen a fair way from when they sat comfortably in league 2 and it is painful to see another manchester club in trouble after the travails of Bury FC. They also have a travesty of a human being as their MP who will be looking to get involved in the club's running if it suits his political ambitions.

Elbow sang about how Jesus is a Rochdale Girl which is a wistful remembrance of first love and I am sure that Rochdale will be hoping that One Day Like This they will be able to turn their team around and they will sit under the glittering Mirrorball of League Football. For now their cast of thousanfs of fans must endure away trips to the likes of Ebbsfleet Railway FC and AFC Frack. Recent form of 4 points from 5 games suggest the struggle off the pitch is being replicated on it.

In terms of our team lineup with Pritchard picking up a back injury it is difficult to know if we will have him to call upon but with Wynter, Gorman, Maguire-Drew and Thompson due to be available we should be better placed to deal with tricky opposition than we were last week versus League 1 Chesterfield. Up at Spotland Rodney exposed Wynter for pace and both have had tricky times recently with injury but it could well be back on the pitch together again albeit Wynter will have the protection of Hall-Johnson in front of him.

This is a good opportunity for us to win our game in hand and put more pressure on Bromley and the chasing pack so I hope we will be able to go strong for this one.

-----------------------------Keeley----------------------------------

---------------Wynter------Thompson-------Okimo--------------

---Hall-Johnson------Pritchard-----Hartigan-------Coker------

----------------Brunt-------------------Stead-----------------------

-------------------------O'Donkor-------------------------------------

Subs: Stevens, Cropper, Gorman, Kabamba, Maguire-Drew

I am doing this game. Looking forward to ticking off another Hive game before we return home.

COYBS
BedfordBee

Re: Rochdale (THTS) The Dale for Sale Match Thread

Referee tomorrow is Mr Jason Richardson (did the end of season match with Dag & Red last year):-

This season 62 Yellows and 1 Red in 11 matches.
Attachments
Ref this season.JPG
Ref this season.JPG (67.5 KiB) Viewed 1283 times
Big Bondz NGala

Think experience and a cool head needed. I’d be inclined to start David Hunt in the back four I think.
beew

Big Bondz NGala wrote: 04 Mar 2024, 17:54 Think experience and a cool head needed. I’d be inclined to start David Hunt in the back four I think.
The glare of the new scoreboard off his head, makes him ineligible for night games unfortunately.
adher36

We haven't won back to back league matches since the Southend games in December which simply isn't good enough.

Hopefully tomorrow will break that duck because it is something we desperately need to start doing in order to have any chance of maintaining top 3.
Last edited by adher36 on 04 Mar 2024, 19:24, edited 1 time in total.
rudebwoyben

adher36 wrote: 04 Mar 2024, 19:02 We haven't won back to back league matches since the Southend games in December which simply isn't good enough.

Hopefully tomorrow will break that duct because it is something we desperately need to start doing in order to have any chance of maintaining top 3.
You really are a card!
Tuesds

adher36 wrote: 04 Mar 2024, 19:02
Hopefully tomorrow will break that duct…
I hope we win tomorrow, but whatever happens there’s no need to cry about it!
ETBee

I can't see Gorman on the bench. Apparently he only returned to training today.
pauln50

what game in hand?
ninestein

Game in hand was last week.
Hoping we can get a result here, and at least one of the other 2 matches ends in a draw:

Oldham vs Bromley
Gateshead vs Solihull

Big night of football.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Tuesds

pauln50 wrote: 04 Mar 2024, 19:36 what game in hand?
Well, reading some of the comments on here has given me the impression that the damaging FA Trophy campaign we’ve got embroiled in has caused us harmful, draining fixture congestion. So surely we have not just one game in hand but lots of them?
letchbee94

Other teams have played less games because of cup games and weather postpoments.
We have been fortunate so far this season only 1 game off (so far) due to the weather.
Which is good espcially after having away games in Janurary at Althrincham, Oldham and Gateshead.
jerroll

Tuesds wrote: 04 Mar 2024, 20:27
pauln50 wrote: 04 Mar 2024, 19:36 what game in hand?
Well, reading some of the comments on here has given me the impression that the damaging FA Trophy campaign we’ve got embroiled in has caused us harmful, draining fixture congestion. So surely we have not just one game in hand but lots of them?
The leagues poor scheduling not the trophy have caused unnecessary worry about fixture congestion. They need to tell the part time clubs tough luck you play in a professional league so you have to pay your players for more than 39 weeks!
jamiefrbees

adher36 wrote: 04 Mar 2024, 19:02 We haven't won back to back league matches since the Southend games in December which simply isn't good enough.

Hopefully tomorrow will break that duck because it is something we desperately need to start doing in order to have any chance of maintaining top 3.
Patently untrue...5 wins and a few draws from our remaining 10 fixtures will likely be enough to see us in the top 3.

'Simply isn't good enough' - this kind of chat in the kind of season we're having, with an incredibly hard working and committed squad and coaching team. Just so misplaced.
Shmulib100

Yeh I think after this appalling season the manager's job is on the line here... :doh: