Wanderers (THTS) The Match Thread Dorking at Crossed Purposes

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Chainsaw

Re: Wanderers (THTS) The Match Thread Dorking at Crossed Purposes

becbee wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 19:50 Marc White's interview was classic!

Praise to Dorking's fans. Beaten 6-0 in a match where the score could have been far worse for them but the vast majority of them stayed until the end and applauded their team.
Felt their manager was trying to cover his arse too much. Undecided about most of their fans applauding their team after a comprehensive thrashing. I couldn't do it.
djhdjh

He spent the first 3 minutes outlining in some detail how Brennan had outwitted him tactically. Not sure that fits with arse covering.
beew

hoofer2 wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 19:05 Shame on all you adults who are not teaching kids / yourselves to pick up their own rubbish and put in bins. It's the same at the cinema. There was a disgusting amount on the terrace at the end of the game
I went to the Hammersmith Apollo a few weeks back to see Sarah Millican. Average age probably around 40ish and at the end we waited in our seats until the queues dispersed before leaving. Walking out I was shocked at the rubbish left behind on the floor, empty beer glasses, crisp packets etc. I suppose it creates jobs having to employ someone to clean up, but how easy is it to simply put your rubbish in a bin on the way out.
beew

jerroll wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 20:20
becbee wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 19:50 Marc White's interview was classic!

Praise to Dorking's fans. Beaten 6-0 in a match where the score could have been far worse for them but the vast majority of them stayed until the end and applauded their team.
Thanks for the heads up, that was priceless! brutal assessment!
Marc White is praised by some in the game for having a tactical football brain. Not sure what happened to it today as he stood and watched his team go 3 down (could of been more) without a change
john dockers shorts

Having enjoyed watching the Dorking documentary which I highly recommend his interview is no surprise. Great to have someone with personality who doesn't give vanilla responses. If we could just ban phrases like 'we go again ' which is cringe the world would be a better place

Thought dorking played some lovely football especially second half and were worthy of a goal, I actually thought they won that half on performance. However the defending was shambolic and we were ruthless.

Credit to Dorking fans the best at the Hive in terms of vocal support from start to end
hoofer2

I hoped the higlights would cover the two other penalty shouts. We saw the free kick - but not the foul that was committed IN THE AREA!!

Can commentator be reminded we play in Black and Amber not Orange
jonbonbaby

No we are meant to play on amber but it’s clearly orange now

Only player of theirs that was any good was the number 16 the rest were awful , we pummelled them in the first half , chilled for most of the second half then punished them when they tired
Doyley

16 was Carter, he stood out, at the final whistle he seemed to know some of our players and Brennan, summer signing ?!
11bee717

Brunt been brilliant the last couple weeks for me, he’s adding a real bite to this game that he didn’t have at the start of the season.
gowerfan

Think the tactics were an accident caused by a training accident to Thompson on Friday morning.
WhetstoneBee

Another special mention to Okimo too - the man is ridiculous. 35 years old, often up against much faster strikers and never puts a foot wrong. Thought he was excellent again yesterday.
DSM

Brilliant confidence boosting win. There is one thing being favourites on paper there’s another winning just ask Bromley.

The tactics as alluded to above were a response to Thompson picking up a knock on Friday, Pritchard confirmed this on commentary

The forward line in the 1st half looked frightening but not sure you can play all 3 against stronger attacking teams? No idea if DO’B can be recalled but I hope not him and Thompson have given us a big boost at a time we needed it due to injuries and both definitely have a place in our 16 even with everyone fit. Does anyone know if Oluwo has a chance of making end of season? DB had previously said end of April.

Really well positioned now, with a close to fully fit squad and Pritch due back in 10 days. Bring on Solihull
BedfordBee

Brilliant performance - no co-incidence that the 2 games we have won 6-0 have both involved getting the ball forward quickly (think this also plays to Brunt's strengths a lot more).

I'll give Deano credit for tactics - but I do wonder if we would have played 4 at the back if Thompson hadn't picked up an injury in training on Friday - so may have been forced on him and a late tactical change - but credit then to the management team and side for carrying it out so well (would imagine we would have still looked to get the ball forward quickly).

Think Hall-Johnson was less effective yesterday as he isn't a natural right back (in a back 4) - his natural game is to bomb forward.

Still think we are missing Pritchard's energy - but who he would come back in for is going to be an interesting challenge for Dean.

If we beat Solihull on Friday then I think it would only be 1 more win to guarantee 2nd or 3rd - with the remaining fixtures of who has to play who - I'll update the spreadsheet and confirm later :)
BedfordBee

BedfordBee wrote: 24 Mar 2024, 11:24 Brilliant performance - no co-incidence that the 2 games we have won 6-0 have both involved getting the ball forward quickly (think this also plays to Brunt's strengths a lot more).

I'll give Deano credit for tactics - but I do wonder if we would have played 4 at the back if Thompson hadn't picked up an injury in training on Friday - so may have been forced on him and a late tactical change - but credit then to the management team and side for carrying it out so well (would imagine we would have still looked to get the ball forward quickly).

Think Hall-Johnson was less effective yesterday as he isn't a natural right back (in a back 4) - his natural game is to bomb forward.

Still think we are missing Pritchard's energy - but who he would come back in for is going to be an interesting challenge for Dean.

Steady was hobbling after the game - hoping nothing too bad and won't keep him out.

If we beat Solihull on Friday then I think it would only be 1 more win to guarantee 2nd or 3rd - with the remaining fixtures of who has to play who - I'll update the spreadsheet and confirm later :)
rudebwoyben

Looks like it. If we win at Solihull we’d be 11 ahead of them with 5 to play. Even if Aldershot win we’d still be 10 ahead. It also depends on whether Gateshead win in midweek.