Wanderers (THTS) The Match Thread Dorking at Crossed Purposes

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
becbee

Re: Wanderers (THTS) The Match Thread Dorking at Crossed Purposes

Marc White's interview was classic!

Praise to Dorking's fans. Beaten 6-0 in a match where the score could have been far worse for them but the vast majority of them stayed until the end and applauded their team.
Sam_BFC

As Martin Allen said after we beat Halifax 3-0 at home during the 2015 run in "best we have played in quite a while"...although nothing is certain in football, I do think it is a result that has been coming. So desperately hope now that we can maintain top form for the run in (though we do suddenly find ourselves with 5 league wins in 7).

Great to have Collinge back...one or two inspirational tackles, reminiscent of the outrageous one at home to Alty which remains a highlight of the season for me. Delighted to have our hero Kabamba back on the scoresheet, what a save from their keeper to deny him a second in the first half. Others including Stead deserving of the plaudits.

Reports of slow refreshment services are a minor concern and we will all hope to see everyone and their mates back for the next home game.

Sorry for myself to only enjoy from a far, though grateful for the stream*. Pritchard was in the commentary box for this one, though not much to report on in that respect.

*Damn thing did cut for the last 10 minutes or so, so will be looking forward to the highlights having missed two goals.

--

Congratulations to Chesterfield, though it will be a shame for me if Wood can't beat the drop.

Win for Sutton keeps things tight in the battle to avoid the trapdoor in League 2.
jamiefrbees

WhetstoneBee wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 18:21
jamiefrbees wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 17:43 Going to be dead quiet on here tonight no doubt.

I'm sure some were scratching around and ready to single out Brunt despite a 5 goal dismantling of survival-hungry Dorking.

But alas, he also popped up with a goal to make it 6 :y:

At least now we can stop the silly nonsense about the wheels coming off. (I trust...). It's going to take a very special team performance in the playoffs to beat us.
These snarky posts about other supporters all the time are getting so boring. Some people post as much about other users than they do the actual football. Just enjoy the win.

Your last sentence is also a bit ridiculous given 7 of the other 9 teams in the top ten have already beaten us at least once this season. Yes we have a good chance but the idea that it’s going to be in any way easy is nuts.
I honestly couldn't give a monkeys if you find them boring. The amount of negative drivel I have to put up with as someone passionate about this club and a participant on this board.

It's extremely enjoyable to see the faith and appreciation a number of us have shown, repaid by the club as we comfortably head towards sewing up 2nd spot in the table.

Even Brennan called out the negative brigade in his post match interview today - albeit more subtly than I - so don't think it doesn't filter through to the club.
wearebees

Their manager having a go at his player for dissent, to then do the worst swear words any manager has said in an interview...the irony.

Then they took off the two players he claims won't play for him again, only to let in three more goals.
Masuka

People should have been coming to the hive now long enough to know the beer is absolutely horrific and not worth a rub. If you want to queue up for half hour for a 2% meat burger that’s fine. Moaning about it is insane!! Bring a hip flask and a sandwich and stop being upset.
Last edited by Masuka on 23 Mar 2024, 20:17, edited 1 time in total.
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
DerekRocholl

The team selection and tactics were clearly designed to exploit Dorking’s weaknesses that became evident in the away game. Really well conceived by DB and brilliantly deployed by the team. It was great to watch such a professional performance. Well done Bees.
jerroll

becbee wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 19:50 Marc White's interview was classic!

Praise to Dorking's fans. Beaten 6-0 in a match where the score could have been far worse for them but the vast majority of them stayed until the end and applauded their team.
Thanks for the heads up, that was priceless! brutal assessment!
rudebwoyben

DerekRocholl wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 20:17 The team selection and tactics were clearly designed to exploit Dorking’s weaknesses that became evident in the away game. Really well conceived by DB and brilliantly deployed by the team. It was great to watch such a professional performance. Well done Bees.
Definitely the case today. I don’t think we’re going to field the same side and formation at Solihull on Friday!
Edd1

Today was the first game I’d managed to get to in a while. What impressed me most was the composure at the back. So fare enough Dorking didn’t offer much but the core 3 walker Collinge and Okimo genuinely to me looked a class apart to what we typically see from defenders at this level. The willingness to calmly play the ball about even when under pressure and not show any signs of pressure was fantastic.

Just seen Marc Whites interview and I don’t blame him for that rant. Other than a flurry early in the second half they really were terrible. If it wasn’t for what looked like second half instructions from Brennan to not get injured or booked we could have racked up a rugby score there
Doyley

That first half was an absolute delight to watch. Players returning and a nice sense of togetherness at the end with most of the squad on the pitch.
barnet_pls

the interplay between the front 3 is the first time this season that's really clicked - was a joy to watch, with them all chipping in with goals. let's hope that formation contjnues.
rudebwoyben

jerroll wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 20:20
becbee wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 19:50 Marc White's interview was classic!

Thanks for the heads up, that was priceless! brutal assessment!
Seconded. He truly is a one-off!
Beesting

jamiefrbees wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 20:13
WhetstoneBee wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 18:21
jamiefrbees wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 17:43 Going to be dead quiet on here tonight no doubt.

I'm sure some were scratching around and ready to single out Brunt despite a 5 goal dismantling of survival-hungry Dorking.

But alas, he also popped up with a goal to make it 6 :y:

At least now we can stop the silly nonsense about the wheels coming off. (I trust...). It's going to take a very special team performance in the playoffs to beat us.
These snarky posts about other supporters all the time are getting so boring. Some people post as much about other users than they do the actual football. Just enjoy the win.

Your last sentence is also a bit ridiculous given 7 of the other 9 teams in the top ten have already beaten us at least once this season. Yes we have a good chance but the idea that it’s going to be in any way easy is nuts.
I honestly couldn't give a monkeys if you find them boring. The amount of negative drivel I have to put up with as someone passionate about this club and a participant on this board.

It's extremely enjoyable to see the faith and appreciation a number of us have shown, repaid by the club as we comfortably head towards sewing up 2nd spot in the table.

Even Brennan called out the negative brigade in his post match interview today - albeit more subtly than I - so don't think it doesn't filter through to the club.

We’re all passionate about this club, you don’t have to blindly accept everything about the club to call yourself a true fan.

We can disect games on a forum when it’s good or bad. Negativity has not filtered to the stadium, from the games I go to we’re all behind the boys.

You seem to only post about other posters, just stick to your opinion on the games and the club.
jerroll

Masuka wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 20:17 People should have been coming to the hive now long enough to know the beer is absolutely horrific and not worth a rub. If you want to queue up for half hour for a 2% meat burger that’s fine. Moaning about it is insane!! Bring a hip flask and a sandwich and stop being upset.
great suggestion, lets breach the ground rules, get kicked out and banned!
jerroll

Sam_BFC wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 20:10 As Martin Allen said after we beat Halifax 3-0 at home during the 2015 run in "best we have played in quite a while"...although nothing is certain in football, I do think it is a result that has been coming. So desperately hope now that we can maintain top form for the run in (though we do suddenly find ourselves with 5 league wins in 7).

Great to have Collinge back...one or two inspirational tackles, reminiscent of the outrageous one at home to Alty which remains a highlight of the season for me. Delighted to have our hero Kabamba back on the scoresheet, what a save from their keeper to deny him a second in the first half. Others including Stead deserving of the plaudits.

Reports of slow refreshment services are a minor concern and we will all hope to see everyone and their mates back for the next home game.

Sorry for myself to only enjoy from a far, though grateful for the stream*. Pritchard was in the commentary box for this one, though not much to report on in that respect.

*Damn thing did cut for the last 10 minutes or so, so will be looking forward to the highlights having missed two goals.

--

Congratulations to Chesterfield, though it will be a shame for me if Wood can't beat the drop.

Win for Sutton keeps things tight in the battle to avoid the trapdoor in League 2.
FGR ,Sutton and Colchester have grim looking run ins based on the league table as hardly know much about league 2 sides these days (other than Newport!!)